318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,027,607 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #61
3DGE

I passed cops doing 5 over, but I hate it when they goo...sooo slow; i tend to get stuck in the croud of cars who are too scard to pass the big old bad cop.
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:02 AM   #62
LN318TI

The 318ti can outrun the cops it just depends on how you drive it. Because I have outrun some crown vics once or twice.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:03 AM   #63
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN318TI
The 318ti can outrun the cops it just depends on how you drive it. Because I have outrun some crown vics once or twice.
Worst post evar.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:22 AM   #64
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DGE
I passed cops doing 5 over, but I hate it when they goo...sooo slow; i tend to get stuck in the croud of cars who are too scard to pass the big old bad cop.
The police interceptor is NOTHING like your standard crown vic.

Try going up against a Mercury Marauder. You'll have your hatchback handed to you.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #65
TORJTHM

seriously dude a cop vic would run a ti unless you have alot of money under the hood and body ... and i mean alot ... dont under estemate them ... they are fast .. they out ran my friends STI and he has i beleive 423 to the wheels and probably a good 30 thousand into his car
Old 06-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #66
3DGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
Worst post evar.

LOL i second that
Old 06-06-2006, 04:17 AM   #67
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

In addition to police cars being generally faster than the stock version of the same car... I'd be amazed if there's a police training school that doesn't include some (if not a LOT) of driver training!!

So, we've discussed this a bit... we've seen TV shows about chases and crashes... we know the potential consequences when caught... and we know the potentially much worse consequences if we crash. I hope I never read that one of our group was arrested or killed due to running from the police.

Sorry... I don't mean to get all paternal on ya, but I'd like to have a chance to meet all of ya some day. OK, maybe not ALL of ya. LOL

JMJ

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 AM   #68
Kraln

Cop story.

Today I'm sitting at a red light, listening to some classical music. Some riced out civic pulls up next to me blaring some rap crap. Anyway, all of a sudden, my LIDAR detector goes off.

I get an evil grin.

I look over at the guy in the civic and rev my engine. He looks at me, and revs his engine. The light turns green.

I go normally, he takes off, peeling out. Cop pulls out of a sidestreet, flashes his lights, and I drive past laughing as hard as possible.

You can't buy common sense.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #69
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraln
I go normally, he takes off, peeling out. Cop pulls out of a sidestreet, flashes his lights, and I drive past laughing as hard as possible.
318ti... $5000-$10,000
LIDAR... $150-$250
Classical CD... $15-$30

Fooling a ricer and making him think you're goinng to race, then watching him get pulled over by the police... PRICELESS!!

Oh man... that's SO funny... I haven't laughed so hard in days. Thanks!

JMJ

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 AM   #70
3DGE

O man thats great!!! Same here, my bro loves that story too..
Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #71
robcarync

ive had something like that happen....me and some buddies were out at night getting some nice shots of our cars cause we are photo nerds...we were behind this warehouse thing that had some random crates and a loading dock in the background...and had a street light right above in the center of all that mess to kinda give a spot light....some guy must have been working there late....but its some mexican guy and hes getting off work....gets in his civic with a fat muffler...and hes trying ot be cool so he peels out and is revving his engine a lot....we are leaving and going nice normal pace (we were actually en route to take the picture that would become my calendar shot)...and what do we seee...flashing lights and the civic pulled over!
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:53 AM   #72
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
This happens all the time. I stopped being overly cautious on the highway, I just keep it at 10 over and cruise past them. They usually don't mess with you unless you are 15+ over the limit. Besides, if everyone slows way down, you just create a traffic jam, and nobody likes those!

Just a fair warning if you guys are ever driving in Florida or Georgia that I wouldn't try this around the florida highway patrol or GHP. I've known people to get tickets for 6 over the speed limit. Legally you can fight any ticket that is 5 or less as being a measurement error. They give you 2.5 MPH and the device 2.5 MPH, total of 5. I especially wouldn't try it if you are in anything that looks like a ricer. The cops seem to have a hard-on for civics with coffee cans strapped to the ass end. We've also had several deaths in Orlando in the last couple of years because of people street racing.

The first car that I bought myself was a 95 Acura Integra GSR. This was way before the whole ricer thing even existed. Some idiot in an identical Integra to mine caused an accident on a major highway which caused an innocent bystander to get killed. The cops had an APB out on a green integra. I only got pulled over once that week, and luckily I didn't fit the description of the driver involved in the accident. The cop was suprised when I knew exactly why he pulled me over. Reason #1 I don't street race. Losing my car and going to jail doesn't sound fun either.

In Georgia, 14+ miles over the speed limit is considered a major traffic offense. I got a ticket in Georgia at the beginning of the year for 16 over. It was something crazy like $480. Luckily I was able to talk to a really nice lawyer who told me, for free, how to plea it down to 11 over the limit which was only 180$ and no points on my license. Still pretty expensive.

Both of these states charge double fines for anywhere that a construction sign is posted.

The city that I live in has atleast 6 cops doing speed traps every morning on my way to work. The nicer the city you live in, the less work the cops have to do, so the more traffic tickets they write.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #73
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm
here is one that ended up a sad story, she fell off the bike and the driver went 1 1/2 miles before he knew she fell off

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...73246455115545
someone else from Asheville??? cool

those people were friends with someone I work with... really sad.

every time my mom hears about bike accidents she makes sure I hear them ever since I got a bike...
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote