318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine Swaps

Notices

Engine Swaps Engine conversions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,014,519 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #1
Hawkster

Default What Radiator Fan for Swap?

Well, I was supposed to be finishing up my swap this weekend, but that didn't happen... wasn't even able to make it to the shop. Anyway, it's a '98 S52 into a '97 Ti. Couple little questions about potential problems I may run into--1) Will the factory Ti electric radiator fan work with the swap?2) I know I need the M3 radiator itself, but will the factory M44 hoses still reach/fit?3) Aside from the EWS alignment, is there any other electrical problems I should know about ahead of time?4) Can I use the Ti trans x-member if I'm using the ZF trans from the M3? I would just pull the M3 x-member, but it's cracked in half.5) Will the clutch hose up to the slave cylinder from the Ti work on the ZF trans? I sent my friend under the M3 to disconnect the line, and the bastard just cut it with a pair of dykes.I'm sure I'll come up with more questions when I'm no longer intoxicated, but I'd like to thank you all in advance for your input -Hawk
Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Silver00spike

I'm using an aftermarket electric fan just for the hell of it. if ure getting m3 brakes, you must get the larger brake master cylinder, and appropriate hoses
Silver00spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
J!m

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver00spike
I'm using an aftermarket electric fan just for the hell of it. if ure getting m3 brakes, you must get the larger brake master cylinder, and appropriate hoses
The ti master works perfectly with M3 brakes; no need to change it at all. M3 slave is a good idea unless you are a body builder. Clutch hose will work, but you should inspect it carefully and replace if there is any doubt. ti tranny crossmember should work fine. ti fan is a puller, you need a pusher on the front of the radiator. Us the M3 part, wired to the ti connector (it plugs right in). Rewiring at the other end is required to make it work correctly, as well as adding the fan relay from the M3. The M3 has an engine mounted fan that should be retained unless you have a replacement electrical fan in mind with enough capacity for the six. Many have deleted the secondary fan with no problems, but I won't do it to my car...

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote