03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 62,768 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
HuGo

Question SoCal. Ti Team?

CoolJess, M3_killer, Jaimito, Lazoh, Saints, and I have become really good friends. I started to think, and i have thought about an idea and i would really love some feedback. I was thinking since we are practically going to hang out every month anyway(well atleast well try) for those who live in the Socal Area (which is another 30 registered members) we should start a team/club or whatever youd like to call it. Im not saying a racing team or like an ultra high class club but more like just a little hang out thing that we will be doing anyways.

I was thinking we should have a name for our team. I thought about "SoCal Ti" and lazoh said "SoCal 318ti" I was thinking just like the 318ti.org stickers, we have our own stickers with our team name. Not only stickers, but also have T-Shirts. On our shirts, we can have our team name on the back, and our Name and Username on the front (small letters). Every time we hang out, meet, or go to any other car meets, and go to events/places as a team, we could wear our shirts. I know it probably sounds cheesy, but its an idea and thats why i want feedback on ideas and ideas for the team name. Another name i like is "Southern Cali Ti's"

Another concern i have is, whether or not we will/should have a leader or like the top 3-5 people to run the team. Im not trying to make myself the leader or boss of all this. I was thinking either its an entire group effort, or we should nominate people to have a more control of the team for events and gatherings. In my opinion, it would be easier to have people running the team maybe like 1 main head and 4 heads (lol no this isnt a gang). And i mention again, this is an idea that we can all discuss on a new thread, or in person. Not to put anyone down, but i believe that the main people should be CoolJess, M3_killer, Jaimito, Lazoh, Saints, and I since we keep a bigger contact with eachother, have helped and met eachother more often than others.

I want to know who is interested in this idea? I figured, we are hanging out anyways, why not have a team name? Please, i would love to hear feedbacks and ideas.

Thank You,

Operations Manager of Organizations and Socal Ti Meet Administrator of Activities,

HuGo.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
saintse36

yo hugo that cool with me man you know i am down to rep for the ti's
Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I'm down for the monthly meet and I'll do my best to make it to all of them, but I really don't want to put anymore stickers on my car. Let's keep things casual for a few more meets and see who our regulars are. I don't want to scare anyone off.

I'm sure the next meet will be as successful as the first one, but I'm not sure that everyone who attended the last meet will show up to this one. We had a total of 10 members and 9 cars show up to the first meet. That means that over half of the people who said they'd show, had more important things to do.

Even with a months notice people still flaked out. I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I saying that some excuses weren't legit. But the fact is that over 10 people said they were going to show and for whatever reason, didn't. That's not very cool considering what some of us had to go through to make it happen.

Hugo personally emailed everyone in SoCal and made reservations(not to mention that he had to fight to get his car fixed, painted and had his ECU overnighted from Florida), PettitWC came all the way down from Lompoc, CA(he's a couple hours north of me and I drove almost 2 hours to make it), Bobbak had to scramble at the last minute to get a new fuel pump and Lazoh hitchiked!(bring the Mini next time!!!)

We even invited AutoM3otives and Jflip2002, even though they don't get along with anyone and Jflip doesn't own a Ti anymore it would have been nice to shake hands and put things behind us.

The first meet had the potential to be the largest Ti meet in the world, since it had all the promises and enthusiasm backing it up as well as a 1 month notice. Some people got the idea that "there's always next time" and I just hope it doesn't rub off on those who attended the first meet. Pnosker is coming all the way from freakin New Jersey, let's show him a good time!(Patrick you could ride with me, I'll let you drive my piece of junk)
Old 06-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Diego318

hey i know i dodnt go to the meet so i have really no say.. but a shirt with a picture of the ti would be really sick i think.
Diego318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
Mothman

Vehicles

I personally think the meeting was a success, like cooljess76 said there were people who made max effort to be there, and it that was awesome. I know some drivers brought family and love ones. I know myself personally that NETWORKING is the key in this world and getting a hook up on parts, free automotive shop location to fix my car now, having someone you can now call over to help you fix the car verses printing out a tread, are all benefits I got in one meeting. The more we build our group the more support we will all have. So those of you out there who live from San Diego, Riverside, LA, Ventura, Oxnard, etc. area think about it. I can tell you six hands putting in a radiator is a lot better than two.
I am not a BIG sticker fan on cars, but I like either a hat or shirt idea. I know when the Fall Semester starts up again I will be super busy with my clinical hours, so I will not be able to make every month, but will TRY to schedule to make every other one.

Count me in,
Mothman

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Mothman

Vehicles

We all have a say, just because you was not able to make it last time does not mean you don't have a say. Are you coming in JULY? I hope so, the more people that attend the bigger and better the knowledge base gets.

I agree a picture of a ti Rally Car making a hard turn or making a jump would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego318 View Post
hey i know i dodnt go to the meet so i have really no say.. but a shirt with a picture of the ti would be really sick i think.

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
lazoh

I'm down with whatever WE all decide, we love our TIs and that should be the focus of our meets, events, activities, etc. Getting gear is not a big issue and lets at lest make that happen with the committed members that we have now and leave it open for future participants.

Lets make this a FUN experience for everyone and lets not worry too much as to how many will show (or not), other members will show once they realize and see (posted pictures, discussions, etc) how much fun we have hanging out, working on our cars, etc.

Lazoh
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
PettitWC

cool man, sounds like fun

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
The first meet had the potential to be the largest Ti meet in the world.
We had somewhere between 15 and 20 outside of Baltimore back in 98.
http://www.318ti.org/members/
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
HuGo

LoL. Most likely that will happen. The regulars would mostly likely agree with a team name and idea to wear shirts or what not. As far as stickers go, i hate stickers, i really do. I would have put the 318ti.org but i dont like stickers. I asked steve if he had any of those that stick to glass, but can easily be removed without having to use a razor. The stickers doesnt have to be anything major. It doesnt have to cover the whole front nor rear winshield. The size of the 318ti.org would be kool with me. Maybe we can skip the stickers part, or maybe just who wants the stickers can put them (which i think the regulars should but your decisions) but we should atleast get some shirts for whenever we roll as a group to some kind of event. (like sixflags, another euro meet, bimmer fest , etc.)

Name ideas anyone?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #11
HuGo

I got a surprise for you guys. Just wait and see!

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #12
PettitWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
I got a surprise for you guys. Just wait and see!
well....

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #13
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettitWC View Post
well....
Almost done my friend, been working on this for an hour. Im learning to get the hang of it

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-24-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
HuGo

CHECK IT OUT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.freeforums.in/phpbb/?mforum=klop

or

www.socal318ti.tk

I messed up big time. Its at =klop cuz i was going to get the hang of it before i started a new real one but it wouldnt let me no more

Oh well, who cares right? If i can, ill try to change it to =socal318ti

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-24-2007, 01:55 AM   #15
SDKmann

A team? Will you have matching jerseys?