318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Site Feedback

Notices

Site Feedback Suggestions about the website.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 100,872 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 63,823 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,041 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
L84THSKY

Default Previous Posts

Steve

Is there any simple way to get to a list of my previos posts? I know if I can find one of them, I can click on my ID and choose "Posts by L84THSKY" or "Threads started by L84THSKY", but first I would have to find one of my posts. It would be easier if the menu item "Quicklinks/Miscellaneous/Previous Posts were added.

Thanks
Eric

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

In the Advanced Search, there is a spot to only search posts made by a certain member. Just put your name in there and search, all your posts will show up.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
L84THSKY

Speaking of the Advanced Search, does this happen to you. I type in my ID, and at the end of typing the complete ID, my ID pops up to basically inform me that my ID is known previously. In other words, when I type "L84THSKY", then "L84THSKY" pops up below it. That's stupid, it should use advanced lookup to estimate the possible ID I'm typing based on the characters I already typed. So all I would have to do is type "L8" and "L84THSKY" pops up.

I still like the way you can search for previous posts by clicking on your ID from a message you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
In the Advanced Search, there is a spot to only search posts made by a certain member. Just put your name in there and search, all your posts will show up.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
Speaking of the Advanced Search, does this happen to you. I type in my ID, and at the end of typing the complete ID, my ID pops up to basically inform me that my ID is known previously. In other words, when I type "L84THSKY", then "L84THSKY" pops up below it. That's stupid, it should use advanced lookup to estimate the possible ID I'm typing based on the characters I already typed. So all I would have to do is type "L8" and "L84THSKY" pops up.

I still like the way you can search for previous posts by clicking on your ID from a message you posted.
Yep. Try typing L84, it will fill in the rest. Looks like it needs 3 characters before it will attempt to match a name.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
zboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
Actually, the advanced search does work correctly. However, it needs THREE characters before it starts popping up potential candidates. That's why typing "L8" doesn't do anything. If you type "L84" then you'll see it work. However, that sequence is unique to you. A better test of the feature is to type in "bwm" and see how many potential usernames pop-up.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
oakley

Isnt it easier for u to just hit quick links and go down to subscribed threads? That gives u a list of all ur threads or did u only wanna see all of the threads u actually started..?
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
L84THSKY

Actually, I think you're right. I thought Subscribed Threads were ones that I get e-mails about when someone posts a comment. I hate that, and try to change the option not to receive e-mails about ANY thread. So I guess Subscribed Threads does the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakley View Post
Isnt it easier for u to just hit quick links and go down to subscribed threads? That gives u a list of all ur threads or did u only wanna see all of the threads u actually started..?

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
1996 328ti

Vehicles

So I don't need to re-read this thread?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
L84THSKY

Actually, the Quicklinks/Subscribed Threads lists thread I have posted on, but does not list them in chronological order by MY last posts. In other words, I wanted to see the most recent threads I posted on starting from top to bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
So I don't need to re-read this thread?

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd