318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 992,038 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
HuGo

Cool Talked Your Way Outta A Ticket?

Let me try and start another fun thread....

Anyway, have you talked your way out of a ticket?

1.) Pulled over for loud exhaust. I told the cop i had the silencer on the back and i could put it right back on infront of him if he wanted me to, to avoid the ticket. He just said drive off and make sure i put it on.

2.) My light was out. I told them i was just heading to Pep Boys to buy the light.

3.) Got pulled over for going over the speed limit. I told them please dont give me a ticket. I want to be a cop just like you to pull dumb ass drivers like me. Just waiting until i turn 21. He let me go.

Other than that i havent been pulled over. Maybe like 2 more times or so just checking up i guess.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Mikel

haha you can't be serious about the 3rd one..
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #3
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
haha you can't be serious about the 3rd one..
Its true. And after i said that i was like "**** was i being TOO sarcastic? Maybe ill get a ticket for sure" but no, he let me go.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
momorugger

I think he let you go cuz he wouldn't trust you w/ a ticket
momorugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

I have been pulled over at least 2 dozen times by many types of police and every time I received a ticket.

The times I tried to talk my way out of tickets, I just ended up getting my car searched.

Now I keep my eyes forward, hands on the steering wheel and only speak to answer the officer’s questions; especially when I get pulled over by a Florida or NJ state trooper; those guys just scare the hell out of me.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
Mikel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilla71 View Post
Now I keep my eyes forward, hands on the steering wheel and only speak to answer the officer’s questions; especially when I get pulled over by a Florida or NJ state trooper; those guys just scare the hell out of me.
same here. I just keep my mouth shut unless I'm answering a question. Seems to work pretty well for me.
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
same here. I just keep my mouth shut unless I'm answering a question. Seems to work pretty well for me.
Most of the time the cop doesn't show up in court and you get off anyway.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
ClubSport

I put very slightly larger tires on my explorer and got clocked at 19 over. I played dumb asking him if bigger tires would throw off the speedo, knowing damn well that it would, but not 19mph. He had to think about it a bit, but the treads still looked new so he bought it and let me out of a $200+ ticket.
ClubSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
HuGo

200 thats it?

Here its like 325+ just for violating the law (speeding) then like 5 bucks each mile over.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
ClubSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
200 thats it?

Here its like 325+ just for violating the law (speeding) then like 5 bucks each mile over.
Sucks to live where you do.
ClubSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
aceyx

I've gotten off with written warnings when I admitted to what I was doing and took responsibility.

My first ticket was $420 including a mandatory court appearance. That wasn't fun. Still, nobody was forcing my foot down, so I got what I deserved.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
kelso

got stopped a week before my birthday doin close to 20 over, said i just didnt know the area and he let me off(cause of the date though)

heard a funny joke the other day though...
so this cop is sitting at the end of a long bridge radaring people and writing tickets early in the morning. one guy gets busted flying across the bridge.
"so where are you going in such a hurry"
im heading to work, my job is very important"
"what job is so important you have to drive like that"
"well sir i stretch assholes."
"excuse me??"
"i stretch assholes.i start with one finger, just kinda wiggle it around, then get another finger in....pretty soon i can fit both hands inside and just start pulling it apart. usually i can stretch an asshole about 6 feet."
"what in the hell are you going to do with a 6 foot asshole?!"
"put him at the end of a bridge with a radar gun!"
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #13
momorugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelso View Post
got stopped a week before my birthday doin close to 20 over, said i just didnt know the area and he let me off(cause of the date though)

heard a funny joke the other day though...
so this cop is sitting at the end of a long bridge radaring people and writing tickets early in the morning. one guy gets busted flying across the bridge.
"so where are you going in such a hurry"
im heading to work, my job is very important"
"what job is so important you have to drive like that"
"well sir i stretch assholes."
"excuse me??"
"i stretch assholes.i start with one finger, just kinda wiggle it around, then get another finger in....pretty soon i can fit both hands inside and just start pulling it apart. usually i can stretch an asshole about 6 feet."
"what in the hell are you going to do with a 6 foot asshole?!"
"put him at the end of a bridge with a radar gun!"
LMAO!
momorugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #14
Mad-Machine

I have talked my way out of two.. sort of.

First one I was being an arse in my Fiat spider and almost overshot the road I wanted to turn onto, so I made the turn anyway and the rear came around some.. the cop was coming up the street at me. I immediatly pulled over before he even turned around. Found out he had a TR6 at home and we wound up talking about sports cars.

Seconds was total BS. It was 2 am and I was coming home after dropping a friend off at home. The town I lived in was on a barrier island in NJ (ocean city) and only had two access roads that lead to the mainland.

So, I came in through the southern one and as I passed the wawa (convience store) there, I saw one of the two female cops the town had getting into her car. I was doing the speed limit so I did not think much of it.

Being a resort town in the middle of February at 2am, I knew it was the cop when I saw another car turn onto the road I was going up towards my place. At first she was about 6 blocks back as I kept it to the speed limit (exactly 25mph) and she slowly crept up on me. By the time I hit my signal to turn for my street, she was right behind and turned on her lights.

Pulling me over she got my paperwork and started to walk away without telling me why she pulled me over, so I asked her. "I clocked you doing 35 back there" was her reply.

I looked her square in the eye and asked where. I then proceeded to tell her that I saw her getting into her car at the wawa, I knew it was her following me up the street, and then I asked her if I looked stupid enough to speed knowing I had her following me for over two miles. With that she took my paperwork literally threw it at me in my car, stomped back to her cruiser, and tore out of there.

I found out later through a friend of mine that she gets all her tickets overturned in court because she does not follow proceedure, pulls stunts like that, and is generally an arse..

I had a good laugh over that
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote