318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Cars for Sale

Notices

Cars for Sale Only fully running cars to be listed.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 97,908 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 60,771 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,116 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-16-2015, 06:08 AM   #1
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Default 1997 318is FI (xxxJohnBoyxxx)

Car is forsale again due to non paymentNew write up below. Selling my 1997 318is boosted car. $12,000 invested in Metric Mechanic FI 2.1L motor. Every option metric offers is in this motor. Spec stage 5 clutch, all M3 driveline parts (zf trans, 3.23 LSD), staggered rims. All original body parts that were replaced with carbon are boxed in my shed. 4 point cage, race buckets, One of the few turbo 318's with A/C. All gauges digital blue. LM-2 hardwired. VIS carbon hood, sunroof and trunk. I drove it today with no issues but it has a blown head gasket that is allowing combustion gases in the cooling system.

$2,500....Tire kickers and low ball offers do not offend me, I like to talk about my car

Track video with new 405ftlb torque clutch, Currently stage 5 clutch with does not slip. Obvious clutch was completely blown out on this run. 93 pump gas, no meth spray on this run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIM8sBtjss

Again $2,500 includes everything I have for this car, meth system included too.

Please PM or email No1Be4Me@gmail.com or text 813 489-0251

This is a full list of all items I believe need replacement.
Motor items needed:
1. Head Gasket (will send used HG I have), Motor runs fine but under high boost leaks combustion gas into coolant.
2. TPS sender needs replacement since it has a dead spot the first quarter of pedal (runs good like this but hard to start).
3. Turbo charger replace with new turbo included in deal (less than 400 miles on new turbo). I think the current turbo is leaking oil through its seals, new turbo is exact same and is boxed up and goes with car

Nothing else is needed on motor and it currently runs strong but I know the head gasket is bad since I have exhaust combustion in coolant which is a sign of the head gasket letting go. Motor can drive without boost without leaking so the gasket is a semi-light leak currently. Motor makes 212hp at flywheel with no boost. Items listed above are all needs to be perfect.

Top of car and all VIS carbon fibre parts need a clear coat if you want it perfect.

A/C needs 1 can charge per year so the A/C is still under pressure and only needs 1 can of 134a per year, A/C cranks and is super cold....Almost all turbo 97 E36 turbo cars have no a/c due to the turbo needing the room. My install I notched the frame and welded a V-butt with frame metal so it is strong as before but lets the turbo piping pass the frame.

Body issues:
1. Dent before driver door from hitting my mail box, scratch on drivers side from son hitting car with handle bar of his bike.

Items included with car that are not installed:
1. OEM hood,
2. OEM Trunk
3. Oem Sunroof (Car currectly has VIS carbon fibre parts on it instead of these OEM parts)
4. The OEM rims 15” aluminum with medium life left on tires. OEM spare 15” aluminum spare tire.
5. 2 OEM leather front seats in real bad condition (Weather and moldy). Current seats in car racing buckets Red/Black with forward/Back adjustment tracks.
6 Throttle body stock included. Current on car is a large bore bigger then Dinans spec with custom butterflys
7 Snow Meth Controller for psi only included. Current on car is Snow dual PSI/MAF controller. Meth kit completely hidden and currently does variable injection if needed from 18psi to 30psi. Meth tank included since system is deactivated and not used under 17psi on 93 octane. Here is 17psi of boost on 93 octane pump gas with no Meth at track. Clutch slipped so it was changed from stage 3 to stage 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIM8sBtjss {Pease notice all blue gague set in video).
8 Small case open pumpkin 4.10 OEM case but changed to a medium case 3.23 LSD. Case is in perfect condition.
9 Buyer race drive shaft not installed but included. Current Drivershaft is a M3 stock shaft installed.
10 All Oem airbags off car but included.
11 Grant billet adapter to steering wheel
12 Manual boost controller (red). Current on car is a Blue Gizzmoelectronic controller with scramble button in cab.
13 Rear tail lights OEM. Current on car is LED clear/Gun metal aftermarket.
14 Included in cab car garage door opener. Push button below fog lights button included and installed.
15 4-point cage DOM tube.
Motor Specs:
1. MM 2100 FI Motor all options installed ($12,000 invested)
2. M42 block seasoned
3. M47 stroker crank
4. M44 head with all OBD-II funtions working. Fully ported ($1,000) Race head
5. All timing chains single row racing chains super light
6. V8 oil pump machined block to acept it
7. H-Beam rods rated at 500hp continous and 700hp spikes.
8. Pistons forged low top ring of boost applications
9. All oil squiters redricted for optium oiling
10. Valvo soduim valves wide seat to reduce heat
11. Hybusa titanium valve componits good to 25K RPM so no worries if a maney shift happens
12. Large intake cam with stock exhaust cam dialed in with minor overlap for a boosted tune
13. 668 DME coded by Midnight tuning so all BMW drivabily is there with a M3 MAF and 60# Delphi injectos. DME limiteris 8,000 RPM and the car pulls hard through all RPM’s
14. 3” exhaust from downpipe to rear with no drone. 2 resinatior and a 50 series flowmasher 3” out the back.
I have installed 3 turbo systems 318’s cars with no issues

Thanks for looking John Smith

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 03-14-2015 at 07:04 AM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
ZEK

Vehicles

PMed
ZEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #3
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Bump.... $2,000 complete car with 2 turbos Metric 2.1L
Old 01-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
ALPINEMTECH98

Bumpppp! Good deal! GLWS!
ALPINEMTECH98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
budget76

Wow John, can't believe you're listing it that cheap Too bad you're not closer, I'd be tempted to replace the Miata. I remember reading your thread when you were building/tuning this. No more time to play with it?
1995 318TI base. 95 2.5L from 325IS. S50 cams+pistons, e36 M3 front brakes. H&R race springs F+R. Turner Motorsport front sway bars, M3 control arms. M Roadster rear sway bar. Racing Dynamics strut brace. e36 325i 5spd. 3.25lsd from e28 535is. M Roadster short shifter. Conforti chip.
budget76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
handballallday

Vehicles

^ what year is your Miata? I have a 91 silver stone. Pic in my intro thread.

sorry didn't mean to thread jack.
91 MX-5 Miataz - Silversurfer - Weekend Bandicoot
96 5-speed 2dr RAV - Purple baby monster - New Daily
handballallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #7
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Ok $1,700 complete car with turbo running but needs head gasket, includes Metric 2100 FI motor with every option installed, over $12,000 spent, full turbo to 28psi and the motor will handle it.

Will be parting out in 7 days. I would not part it out but I need cash so bad it has to go and need to get car off property. If not sold in 7 days car will be parted out at higher price per part. I have storage for it so parting out list will be up in 7 days with pricing if it does not sell. All questions answered if you PM me phone number I will call back...

Hate to see it go like this but it's got to go for my next project

Wait to you all see my next build, john S
Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #8
jwalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Ok $1,700 complete car with turbo running but needs head gasket, includes Metric 2100 FI motor with every option installed, over $12,000 spent, full turbo to 28psi and the motor will handle it.

Will be parting out in 7 days. I would not part it out but I need cash so bad it has to go and need to get car off property. If not sold in 7 days car will be parted out at higher price per part. I have storage for it so parting out list will be up in 7 days with pricing if it does not sell. All questions answered if you PM me phone number I will call back...

Hate to see it go like this but it's got to go for my next project

Wait to you all see my next build, john S
I'm new here, but not to the BMW scene. I have been on BFC and R3v for a while, but came here when I started looking into building an M42/M44 motor. I am interested in your car. Where is the best place to see pictures and specs on how it is currently equipped? Thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
xxxJohnBoyxxx

A little video of me at the 1/8th mile track. Low boost bad 60ft time and clutch blown out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIM8sBtjss
Old 02-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
xxxJohnBoyxxx

I will send pictures late today or tomorrow. Need son to take pics with I-phone and upload

This is a full disclouser of all items I know need replacement.
Motor items needed:
1. Head Gasket (will send used HG I have),
2. TPS sendor needs replacement since it has a dead spot the first quarter of pedal (runs good like this but hard to start).
3. Turbo charger replace with new turbo included in deal (less then 400 miles on new turbo). I think the current turbo is leaking oil through its seals, new turbo is exact same and is boxed up and goes with car

Nothing else is needed on motor and it currently runs strong but I know the head gasket is bad since I have exhaust combustion in coolant which is a sign of the head gasket letting go. Motor can drive without boost without leaking so the gasket is a semi-light leak currently. Motor makes 212hp at flywheel with no boost. Items listed above are all needs to be perfect.

Top of car and all VIS carbon fibre parts need a clear coat if you want it perfect.

A/C needs 1 can charge per year so the A/C is still under pressure and only needs 1 can of 134a per year, A/C cranks and is super cold....Almost all turbo 97 E36 turbo cars have no a/c due to the turbo needing the room. My install I notched the frame and welded a V-butt with frame metal so it is strong as before but lets the turbo piping pass the frame.

Body issues:
1. Dent before driver door from hitting my mail box, scratch on drivers side from son hitting car with handle bar of his bike.

Items included with car that are not installed:
1. OEM hood,
2. OEM Trunk
3. Oem Sunroof (Car currectly has VIS carbon fibre parts on it instead of these OEM parts)
4. The OEM rims 15” aluminum with medium life left on tires. OEM spare 15” aluminum spare tire.
5. 2 OEM leather front seats in real bad condition (Weather and moldy). Current seats in car racing buckets Red/Black with forward/Back adjustment tracks.
6. Spec 9# billet aluminum flywheel ready to install if you want ($900 item)
7. Throttle body stock included. Current on car is a large bore bigger then Dinans spec with custom butterflys
8. Snow Meth Controller for psi only included. Current on car is Snow dual PSI/MAF controller. Meth kit completely hidden and currently does variable injection if needed from 18psi to 30psi. Meth tank included since system is deactivated and not used under 17psi on 93 octane. Here is 17psi of boost on 93 octane pump gas with no Meth at track. Clutch slipped so it was changed from stage 3 to stage 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIM8sBtjss {Pease notice all blue gague set in video).
9. Small case open pumpkin 4.10 OEM case but changed to a medium case 3.23 LSD. Case is in perfect condition.
10. Buyer race drive shaft not installed but included. Current Drivershaft is a M3 stock shaft installed.
11. All Oem airbags off car but included.
12. Grant billet adapter to steering wheel
13. Manual boost controller (red). Current on car is a Blue Gizzmoelectronic controller with scramble button in cab.
14. Rear tail lights OEM. Current on car is LED clear/Gun metal aftermarket.
15. Included in cab car garage door opener. Push button below fog lights button included and installed.
Motor Specs:
1. MM 2100 FI Motor all options installed ($12,000 invested)
2. M42 block seasoned
3. M47 stroker crank
4. M44 head with all OBD-II funtions working. Fully ported ($1,000) Race head
5. All timing chains single row racing chains super light
6. V8 oil pump machined block to acept it
7. H-Beam rods rated at 500hp continous and 700hp spikes.
8. Pistons forged low top ring of boost applications
9. All oil squiters redricted for optium oiling
10. Valvo soduim valves wide seat to reduce heat
11. Hybusa titanium valve componits good to 25K RPM so no worries if a maney shift happens
12. Large intake cam with stock exhaust cam dialed in with minor overlap for a boosted tune
13. 668 DME coded by Midnight tuning so all BMW drivabily is there with a M3 MAF and 60# Delphi injectos. DME limiteris 8,000 RPM and the car pulls hard through all RPM’s
14. 3” exhaust from downpipe to rear with no drone. 2 resinatior and a 50 series flowmasher 3” out the back.
I have installed 3 turbo systems on board memebers cars with no issues. Feel free to ask the board if about my reputation as I think I’m a honest person and the memebrs know about my builds.
John S
Old 02-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #11
zoner

Damn, if I only had a trailer and a couple of weeks of spare time... GLWS! (how anyone hasn't already jumped on this is beyond me!)

1995 318ti Base - Cosmosschwarz/Sandgrau R.I.P.
1997 318ti Active - Alpinweiß III/Sandgrau
2013 328i Coupe - Le Mans Blau
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #12
jwalton

I'm currently jumping
Old 02-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #13
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalton View Post
I'm currently jumping
Dude I'm so sorry but I have to break this deal. My brother just dropped the cash on the table. He has always wanted the car but most times he had money it was not for sale.

Again I owe you a big "I'm sorry" I broke the deal. I would not have broken the deal with you for anyone else but family.

I hope this does not give me a bad rep with people buying/selling on this forum.

John Smith

I choose to post in the thread so everyone knows I had a deal with you then pulled it. I thought everyone on the board should know. I honestly feel like $hit doing this to anyone. My brother Joby will be on here soon asking questions. He lives in my pool house over the pool area currently
Old 02-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #14
jwalton

It's all good. Please just let me know if you are going to be selling off any engine or drive train parts. I'll be looking back into an m42/44 build now.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #15
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalton View Post
It's all good. Please just let me know if you are going to be selling off any engine or drive train parts. I'll be looking back into an m42/44 build now.
What do you need on driveline parts?

I have a Beyer driveshaft that is all tricked out and has c-clip universal joints that are easy to change. I have a Throttle body that is a tiny bit larger then a Dinan TB.

I have a Snow meth controller PSI version. The PSI/MAF version is on the car I just sold.

Got Aluminum stock 15" rim and half life treads.

Got tons of stuff

John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 02-14-2015 at 09:58 PM.