Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 985,343 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 11-29-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
Travis

Default Illinois - Closed due to lack of interest

Deleted due to lack of interest.

Most things have been recycled into a new thread at 1/2 to 100% off. Yippie!

I'll have the free wheels dug out of the shed over Christmas break, and a few books destined for hinsdale, IL should be at the post office Monday or Tuesday.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
1 set of 5 M-doublespokes from 97 M3 four-door
Are those 18"-ers... or 17"-ers?

Quote:
keep insurance papers in that I got from Patrick BMW.
Hey, that's where my 318ti was originally purchased. I've got the "Patrick BMW" key fob that has somehow managed to stay with the car keys.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
twomato

Travis, Dibs on the enthusiast yellow and black/silver books, the oil bag (no oil needed thanks) to 60521 from your 62521. Great write up too. $30 all in? Mark
Old 11-30-2006, 05:17 AM   #4
Travis

wheels are 17". 2 are fronts, 2 are rears, and 1 is a spare...which means it is a front. They're "Genuine BMW" forged aluminum wheels with little ///M stickers inset into the sides.

The spare tire is a real antique, probably manufactured in 1996 for the 1997 model year. How often do you get a chance to own a "new" 10 year old tire?

The Kuhmo Ecsta's on the front have about 70% left, but the matching rears are slicks, except for the outside corners.

In other words, it's not worth the extra expense to mail them with tires on (and they cost the same either way).
Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 AM   #5
Travis

Default Books

You can have the yellow book for sure. Someone else has already asked about the black one, and the oil bag. I probably won't end up selling the oil bag unless someone wants to pay $15 for it, which is crazy money for a free promo item (I actually paid $5 for mine, but it's been handy as h*ll for making the inside of the trunk NOT look like it's attached to an oil-leaking junk heap).

I guess I should edit the post and cross the "bought" items off, but no-one has actually said that they are actually sending actual money.

Oh, Assuming that both books are available, then $25 for those. If you really want the bag, let me know (they may still have them for sale on the web somewhere for less $).
Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
wheels are 17".
OK, I was thinking of a different style that I've only seen as small as 18". Hmmm... now that I think about it... I think I was visualizing the "M Parallel."

Quote:
2 are fronts, 2 are rears, and 1 is a spare...which means it is a front.
I.e., they're "staggered."

Good luck with the sale... the Double spokes seem to be pretty popular!

JMJ

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
twomato

Quote:
You can have the yellow book for sure. Someone else has already asked about the black one, and the oil bag. I probably won't end up selling the oil bag unless someone wants to pay $15 for it, which is crazy money for a free promo item (I actually paid $5 for mine, but it's been handy as h*ll for making the inside of the trunk NOT look like it's attached to an oil-leaking junk heap).

I guess I should edit the post and cross the "bought" items off, but no-one has actually said that they are actually sending actual money.

Oh, Assuming that both books are available, then $25 for those. If you really want the bag, let me know (they may still have them for sale on the web somewhere for less $).
I'll be sending you a check tonight for the yellow and black books at $25. If you've rec'd pmt for the black one, send $10 back.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #8
pnosker

How much for the CD Changer?

Oh, and "1 set of four 5-spoke, ugly, black painted MODA by BBS wheels. Probably free, unless you want to pay for them. Comes with one old (but unused) Goodyear tire." Do you have pictures? I know you want to hear how much I'm willing to pay first, but how much do you think shipping would be for these? I'll pitch in a few bucks too, though I'm just a measly poor student . If I get those wheels, my steelies go out for free to whomever wants them for the price of shipping. Oh yeah, what size?
Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #9
Travis

The MODA by BBS wheels really are free. I don't remember what size they are, but but they aren't bigger than 16."

Wheels this ugly need to stay in Illinois. If you happen to live near Peoria, or between Decatur and either Keokuk IA, St Louis MO, or Quincy IL, I can drop them off at least closer to you. You don't even need to be in town, as I'm sure that the wheels will be safe from thieves wherever I throw them out of the car.

They're not really that bad. They look pretty much exactly like the 5-spokes sold on the ti, except with curb rash and black paint. A sand-blaster, body putty, and silver spray-paint will fix 'em right up.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:17 AM   #10
pnosker

I'm still interested in those wheels, but I'm nowhere near Illinois. How much do you think shipping would be for them? I'm in NJ (08559). Let me know if that CD Changer sale falls through, I have real money too!! :-p
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #11
Travis

I'll probably wait until one of the following happens:
Someone offers to buy the ///M doublespoke wheels, and I take both sets to UPS and find out at the counter, or someone in Illinois wants them.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 AM   #12
Keach

Quote:
I'll probably wait until one of the following happens:
Someone offers to buy the ///M doublespoke wheels, and I take both sets to UPS and find out at the counter, or someone in Illinois wants them.
Hopeing I have dibs on them. Like my email will include, I like in a Northwest suburb of Chicago, but go to school in Macomb.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
Travis

Yeah, Macomb will work. I'll be driving through macomb on the way back from Quincy or Hamilton sometime in the next few months. You could pick them up yourself if you are in a hurry (the black wheels are about an hour from Macomb, north of Quincy, in a barn).
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #14
pnosker

Keach, if you want to get those black wheels and ship them to me, I'll cover shipping! Not that my offer leaves you any incentive, but if you wouldn't mind I'd appreciate it!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:55 PM   #15
Keach

Sorry but I will probably put them on my car, right now all I have are hub caps. If something comes up and they don't work out with my tires or car I will let you know. I won't let them go to waste.
Closed Thread