What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,464 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 03-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
bluebastion

Default FOR SALE: Pair of Sport heated/manual seats and/or Full Sheepskin Covers

DISCLAIMER: I am selling these seats which are in very good condition (7.5 out of 10) because I am installing vaders this week. The vaders I have now have yet to be tested, so I am reserving the right to retract this sale because I love heated seats. And I may keep them to swap out during the winter... but if the vaders are in good working condition (i.e. heating elements) then there's no problem with the sale of the seats. Ok... that said....

BMW '98 Sport Seats Manual/Heated
I have for sale a pair of BMW Black and Grey sport seats: Grey cloth insert, black leather bolsters and full leather headrest. For these I'm asking $200 or better offer. Like stated above I would rate them 7.5 out of 10. I have taken great care of them and have only babied them with Maguire's Leather products (not the best in the market but not your average stuff either). The leather has normal wear in the places you would expect but no significant mars or tears. The usual cracking or wrinkling of leather that is common in leather seats from cars our age are not apparent. As for the cloth inserts, they are in very good condition too. No significant stains that I know of or can see... and before I let them go, I will shampoo them to be sure of that. These are out of my '98 BMW 318ti Sport, so if you have seats with the grey inserts, it may be different in cloth insert pattern. The headrests are also stiched in leather, and are in near mint condition. Functional wise, there has been no problems. The adjusting levers are still in good working order... as well as the levers that make the seat move forward for rear passengers. The vinyl backs of these seats are in good condition, and the netting is also perfect. The elements in these heated seats are toasty, and make you have a hot arse in your hot car. Not sure what would be involved in retrofitting these in TI's without heated seats, but you may be able to still get the switches and wiring for that to add on(?). These are the sportiest seats you could have bought in a TI. They feature the Leg "bolsters" that slide out for long drives... and the side bolsters that cup you in turns. If you need new seats and aren't looking for aftermarket ones, these seats are for you.... or the friend who owns a TI and is looking for seats.
Asking 200 for the set (or better offer), local pickup. Open to shipping, but buyer would have to arrange and pay for shipping and boxing costs (which are pretty steep for something this heavy).

Genuine Sheep Skin Seat Covers For Sport Seats
Lastly, I'm selling sheepskin covers that fit the sports seats aforementioned. They are grey/charcoal(perfect for grey and black interiors) and were made specifically for the sport seats of BMW's, however I do THINK they CAN fit standard seats as well, as the sport seats need more material for the bolsters. I bought these covers for $500 a pair (see www.autoanything.com) in the summer of 2003 (while I was in Fire School). So these are hardly even 2 years old. They will come with headrest covers also made out of sheepskin and are color matched, these I believe were at least 50 a piece. I give the covers 9.0 out of 10.0... a 9 because they are used. They are great in the summer because it keeps the seats cool. I hate it when I get into the car and the seats burn you in your shorts (I'm origninally from FL). And in the winter, they keep the seats nice and warm... (now I'm in SC... significant difference in winter temps). Anyways, I'm also asking 200 + shipping for these or better offer. I'd keep them but they won't fit my new seats.

Will sell together(seats and seat covers) for $375 (+ whatever shipping and boxes expenses are incurred).

Sorry this classified is long, but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible for the people who are interested. I'll put pics up today in my photo gallery of the items listed. BTW, I am a non-smoker, and I don't have any friends that I know of who smoke or have smoked in the car (nothing against smokers... my mom smokes). So these items (even the seats) still smell like leather... mmm mmm good.

Old 03-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Andrew_Debbie

Please post here or send me a PM when you get the photos up.

My '96 has a black non-sport leather interior. I'm wondering how much better the sport seats are. Heated would be nice too. Retro-fit might not be worth the effort.

I really should get the car running first...
Old 03-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
bluebastion

Here are some pics of the sport seats... I posted these before to get a feel for what I could get. The offers given to me, although genuine, were not worth selling the seats for, seeing as these seats will run you almost $1000 each when brand new. I bought my used vaders for $800 and they are in far worse condition than the seats I have... and that price is considered a steal compared to the average $1200 - $1400 range it usually sells for on ebay. Anyways, here are the pics...

Andrew_Debbie - you should look into getting that baby running first. Can't enjoy the seats if you can't drive the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	500Drivers side seat back.jpg Views:	526 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	254   Click image for larger version Name:	500Drivers side seat bottom.jpg Views:	516 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	255   Click image for larger version Name:	500Passenger side seat back.jpg Views:	536 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	256  

Click image for larger version Name:	500Passenger side seat bottom.jpg Views:	515 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	258  
Old 03-05-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
bluebastion

Here are the pics of the Sheepskin covers, headrest covers as well.
Super, super soft... and GENUINE sheepskin as well... NOT synthetic material.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	500Sheepskinseatcovers.jpg Views:	510 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	259   Click image for larger version Name:	500Sheepskinheadrestcovers.jpg Views:	499 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	260   Click image for larger version Name:	500Sheepskincolor.jpg Views:	483 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	261  

Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #5
bluebastion

bump
Old 03-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
bluebastion

bumparump bump
Old 03-06-2005, 04:04 AM   #7
bluebastion

bump and good night...
Old 03-06-2005, 06:39 AM   #8
L84THSKY

I have no idea why you needed Vaders, those seats look fine. I have the regular seats, so the Vaders is a major improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebastion
Here are some pics of the sport seats... I posted these before to get a feel for what I could get. The offers given to me, although genuine, were not worth selling the seats for, seeing as these seats will run you almost $1000 each when brand new. I bought my used vaders for $800 and they are in far worse condition than the seats I have... and that price is considered a steal compared to the average $1200 - $1400 range it usually sells for on ebay. Anyways, here are the pics...

Andrew_Debbie - you should look into getting that baby running first. Can't enjoy the seats if you can't drive the car.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #9
bluebastion

I've always wanted vaders from the first time I laid eyes on them, I believe in '99 at Tom Bush BMW (Jacksonville, FL)... of course at the time the M3 I was looking into (Estoril, Blue) was brand new sitting on the lot. I was there just getting an oil change. That's why I got vaders... yeah I didn't need them. But, I have wanted them for quite some time. Had a pocket of cash from tax refunds and got a pair. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Andrew_Debbie

Quote:
We will get it running again. It has been our daughter's car for about 3 years. I won't have money for an engine untill June.

Took a closer look at the seats in the car now -- yup black leatherette.
We (both of us) are thinking over the seats.

How hard is it to take the backs off the bottoms? I'm trying to figure out if we can get them home in our e46 sedan. Bottoms in the trunk and backs in the rear seat.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #11
bluebastion

I'm not sure... Never done it before actually. You might want to try looking on www.realoem.com and go to the 318ti diagrams and see if that will help. I would also ask (creating another thread) how this would be done.

Where are you all located?
Old 03-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #12
Andrew_Debbie

Quote:
Where are you all located?

Atlanta GA.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #13
bluebastion

Well, I asked my wife if she would be alright with me driving the seats to Atlanta. She said "yes." It would be more practical if I could load them in our small SUV (Mitsu Outlander). Then you wouldn't have to mess with taking the seats apart. I would have to ask for a $50 up on the price to cover at least part of the gas used on the drive. This is just an offer, of course. You are still welcome to drive down here as well. Also, I will be getting some leatherique for my black vaders this week, with black dye. I can redye some of the more worn areas.. which aren't very big at all (driver's side bolster). This is if you want it done... I can also leave them be. I will shampoo them like I said before(the cloth areas) and recondition the leather before transfer of ownership. Anyways... I know you haven't made a decision yet on the seats, but I thought this might help you in the process.

BTW: I wouldn't be able to make the drive until next Monday. This is my work week (Fire Dept.-wise) and I have drill this weekend (ANG). So I'm available to drive them down sometime Between next Monday and Wednesday(14th - 16th). My Vaders won't be installed until this Wednesday anyways.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15 AM   #14
bluebastion

vrooooom vroooom
Old 03-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #15
sikbrik

Default Can't tell...

Can't tell from the thread if these are actually sold...maybe I'm an idiot.
If not, I'm in. Thanks.
Closed Thread