318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Cars for Sale

Notices

Cars for Sale Only fully running cars to be listed.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,226 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,063 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,458 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
cmoore

Default 1997 318ti + DASC to sell

We have a tight driveway: A few weeks ago when I took my wifes brand new orange subaru crosstrek for its first oil change, she had to drive one of my cars to work. When returning from work, driving my 318ti, she scuffed my Z3's bumper attempting to park. No real damage to 318, but the Z3 bumper got a bit scratched. This AM, yet again, leaving the driveway, she scratched her new car on the other side of my Z3's rear quarter, damaging both cars. While I'd like to say she's a bad driver, she really isn't, its just we have too many cars (4 parked awkwardly in a small T shaped driveway. But what it does make me think it might be time to get rid of one. And the Ti is likely the odd man out. Its a good car that hasn't given me any trouble. Its not even that i don't want it, but i have been in possession of a used DASC kit for about 3 months and haven't had a even a thought about having time to install it. Car is in good shape. Montreal Blue with grey fabric interior. Not a show car; a small spot of rust on each rear wheel well, small dent on trunk lid, a bad (PO) repair job to front fender, headliner missing from the sunroof, and the ABS light on (likely the passenger seat thing?)
But other than that, its a pretty good car, and looks real nice from a few feet away. Currently an active with 171k miles: (never overheated). I have owned the car for over 2 years now and never had a problem.
Upgrades/recent:
low mileage HR sport springs and Bilsteins,
sport sway bars with new links,
shock/strut tower reinforcing plates,
DS1 with new tires (maybe 2k on tires at most)
300mm front rotors with appropriate calipers/brackets
Did the door panel repair and window slides/regulators work smoothly.
Has the original radio, but the trunk CD changer, HK speakers and amp...(long story)
DDM m3 front bumper
(i'm told new clutch)

Other parts/things i have but not yet installed;
dove grey vaders - not trashed
extra set of rims style 30 i think with good tires
spare radiator, waterpump, thermostat
front left fender
(2) rear "sport" bumpers
rear decklid (no dent)
door panels in the leather finish to better match the dove seats
DJ auto LED headlights
a bunch of other random stuff.
the wider "sport" plastic door/fender trim
As you can see this was a car that runs fine and great candidate for daily driver, but could also be much more. I had greater plans for it, but given everything else, probably a waste for me at this time.

While the car and mileage don't justify a ridiculous price tag, (and not nearly the money a lot of cars here and on CL ask for cars in worse shape/higher mileage..) But we all know what the DASC is worth on the used market. That said, I am asking $4500. Might seem like a lot for the package, but at 2K the DASC's sell real quick and between the DS1's/suspension/brakes, $2500 is a pretty decent price (i think) for a great runner. And before you ask me to sell the DASC separately, my answer would be for you to find someone who wants to buy an extra car, buy both and then sell it to them. I get it, but without the DASC the car is not all that valuable, and might take a while to sell here where the weather has started to get cold. I don't need the money, what i need is driveway/garage/storage space.

If there is something specific you would want to see in pictures, let me know.

Chris
cmoore.ny@gmail.com

email/PM for more info/questions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	bmw318ti.jpg Views:	975 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	15281  

Last edited by cmoore; 10-20-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: adding pix
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
M-technik-3

Vehicles

Off topic but how is the HK system in the car. Does it improve the sound?
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
cmoore

Default HK sound.

Its not a 318ti HK system - but instead a hybrid.
In the end, a big waste of time. Maybe the "design" of what i did was wrong, but it doesn't sound very impressive. I posted on bimmerforums a few times about trying to find a working HK system to compare it to, but got only snarky responses about how even HK is junk and to go aftermarket. My mom briefly had an e46 330ci convertible with the HK system and it sounded very good. I doubt this sounds much better than the original, but again, maybe how i have it set up isn't ideal.
FYI:
replaced footwells with the 5.25" HK's
replaced the rear 4" with the trim rings and the 5.25" HK's
retrofitted HK tweets at the rear speakers.
installed HK tweets and Vifa midranges at the door panels.
installed and ran larger power wire to the battery the 300Amp HK amp and wired it thru a HiFi switch (required as the default amp setting was the non" hifi" sound)
what i had always wanted was someone with a stock 318ti HK (or whatever the system above the Nokia/c33 setup was) to listen/compare to. but seems like that has to be extremely rare.

(perhaps the setup/amp i had wanted the 6x9 size rears in order to get better sound) given how it is now, if i really found time to drive the car, i would probably add a basslink to it to stay mostly stockish...

a ton of work, and even at spares prices, not cheap, and overall a bit of a disappointment. when i started the process, everyone advised me to abandon the stock stuff and i should have listened. but i hate how new headunits look relative to the car. And not quite sure where the weak link in the system is, but even if you had all the parts for free, i would probably recommend aftermarket.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
M-technik-3

Vehicles

Best of luck with sale Chris
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Lbcnu24

Vehicles
Default Hello from PA

Would you be willing to sell the DASC complete alone?
Lbcnu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
cmoore

Default Hello back to PA

please read the whole post
Old 11-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #7
BOMRW

i couldn't find this information but i might be able to buy just the car. do you have anymore pictures? a build log? also was this an auto or a manual trans. Also rust does it have any? i couldn't see the right kidney do you have that?
BOMRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
cmoore

Default back to actively selling

It has been a while since this original ad went up, but its spring cleaning time again and I am looking to unload this package again. (4 motorcycles in various states of project are my priorities)
In addition to everything in the original ad listing a few things have been updated as follows.
mileage is now 175k (about 2k in 2 years - started frequently, run occasionaly in nice weather but just not getting much use)
Dove vaders refinished and installed (not all heating elements work)
New hatch struts
I picked up a montreal blue hood and both fenders. I really only needed the one fender due to PO bad repair job on driver fender, but they were probably in as good if not better shape than the ones on the car so I grabbed them.

There is probably still some other stuff I am forgetting, but I attached a picture of some of the random parts, although there is other stuff not pictured.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	20160310_150352.jpg Views:	466 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	16266   Click image for larger version Name:	20160310_150332.jpg Views:	457 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	16267  
Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 AM   #9
Driving_Impaired

Do you still have either of the rear sport bumpers and do they come with the diffuser? Willing to ship?
Driving_Impaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #10
cmoore

Default Back on the market, even might consider splitting DASC out

I've had this daily driver for maybe 4 years + now, but increasingly becoming apparent I will never get to it. (Just too many other things - and no garage space. I have continued to pick up parts for it over the years, fantasizing that I might get to work on it one day, but between Z3, truck, 4 (almost 5) motorcycles, its just not getting the attention it deserves. Most recently picked up almost $400 worth of pelican boxes full of the cooling system overhaul package. Anyway, willing to part with it now, resigned to take a beating on all the money and parts I have into it, just want to clear some space.

for more info PM or email me at cmoore.ny@gmailDOTcom

car is located in Philadelphia

Chris
Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #11
BMW_Hatchback

GLWS Chris, neat looking car. Love the color
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
cmoore

Default May end up being a part out.

Since (over the years) this post has received little interest, except of course for the DASC, I may consider parting out a few larger items. (While still being able to keep the car complete) If anyone has interest, please let me know.
Items would include the following:
1: (5) DS-1; Four with matching Hankook summer tires with extremely low miles. New when I bought them and I have only put a few thousand miles on the car since I have had it. (A fifth wheel/spare that was freshly powder coated to match - but unmatched tire)
2. Dove grey vaders in very strong shape. Manual and heat, although not all the heating elements seem to function. Far from mint, but not threadbare or split stitching.
Probably a few other things that could be parted with while keeping the car complete. And willing to let that go for a lot less.

Chris
Old 10-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #13
englishposse

Hi Chris,

I sent you an email at cmoore.ny@gmail.com. GLWS

Courtney
BMW CCA #114771
1995 318ti
2006 330xi
2017 VW GTI MK7
englishposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #14
cmoore

Did not receive one.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #15
BrosZ3

Hi Chris, not sure if this is still available. Please let me know...I'm mostly interested in the DASC (like everyone else , but I'll consider taking both if that's what it takes. Thanks!

-FK
BrosZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote