318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine

Notices

Engine Tuneups, chips, wires, spark plugs.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,021,718 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Moose

Default Pulled 4 codes today> P0111, P0300, P0304, P0302 Help!!

P0300 Random misfire

P0304 Misfire cyl. #4

P0302 Misfire cyl. #2

P0111 Intake Air Temp Sensor Circuit..?

Not sure where that intake air sensor is located or if there is one.
Car runs fine except for a crummy idle I've been working on. The prior owner had the same ****ty idle but claimed to have fixed it when he found oil in one of the plug holes. After cleaning it up he states the idle was fine. BS! Along with new plugs I have fresh valve cover/spark plug gaskets

Not sure if these are latent or stored codes either. Cel just came on after installling a bunch of new stuff last weekend. There was no cel before all the work

I just changed out the spark plugs with NGK's, Fuel Injectors cleaned and flow matched, Magnacore 8mm' wires, hot tanked the throttle body, cleaned the MAF, serviced the K&N, ICV is new (cleaned it anyway), no vacuum leaks (and we looked hard for any leaks). PCV looks OK I guess.

I'm throwing in some new 02 sensors tommorow. The car runs right at TDC on the temp gauge. I'm changing the thermostat tommorow anyway to eliminate that possiblity.

Also the cat, cam position sensor and fuel filter are brand new as of last week. My car is dasc too

Any input would be appreciated

Anyone?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
CirrusSR22

The intake air temp sensor is on the cover to the intake box. The one you have to lift off to change the air filter.

At least that's where it is on the M44.....
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
The intake air temp sensor is on the cover to the intake box. The one you have to lift off to change the air filter.

At least that's where it is on the M44.....
I have no airbox. It's DASC with a K&N.

I'm thinking it's the sensor that's hangin' loose near where the airbox used to be.

What's it look like? I searched and came up with nothing
Old 07-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
CirrusSR22

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...1-739-510-M375

Edit, a better pic.
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ature%20Sensor
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
Moose

OK I figured it out. It is that same sensor that's been hangin loose near the headlight. The same sensor the prior owner assured me was not neccesary with the dasc/K&N set up. DOH!!. Ediot clown.

AND there is a special hole on the backside of the K&N where it fits nicely. DOH. Serves me right for listening to stooges. I just hooked it up and I'll bet that cell goes away after a few miles OR with a reset. Maybe... just maybe this will help fix the idle

Thanks for the pic Cirrus. I figured it out and then the pic confirmed it was that sensor
Old 07-16-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
he found oil in one of the plug holes.
Valve cover gasket, plenty of information on this site already.

Could cause a vacuum leak which would give you a craptastic idle.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
Moose

^of course but he never changed out the gaskets. I just did the whole set and the ones I pulled out looked to be the original valve cover/spark plug/cam oiler/bolt gaskets. Stiff as hell.

I don't think he ever fixed the idle...maybe it got better when he cleaned the one bad hole/plug but never completely stable. That same #2 hole was full of oil when I was in there. It's dry now and the idle still sucks. Typical multi cause problem on an older car
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
aceyx

Ah, didn't read that you'd done the gaskets already.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Moose

yep. I'm doing the full monty to this thing. I just re-read every friggen' post about my car from the prior owner. Turns out I have a new MAF! Makes sense. It was spotless just like the ICV.

He also had the weird throttle problem I have. It started right when he installed the DASC 10k ago as did the idle problem. The DASC vibrates like it's messed up and you can feel it as far up as the gas pedal. It's not bad below 3k but over that it's quite noticeable. Noisy and the motor visually vibrates!! My mechanic thinks it's a bad nose bearing in the supercharger. I personally think it's running so rough it appears to be a 'worked' bearing. Hope I'm right.

So he never fixed anything...nada. No idle fix. No throttle fix. I do appreciate all the money he threw at it though woot!

Also he had a squeaky passenger seat. I have the squeaky passenger seat. Just making a point. In the idle thread he had stated 3 times that he "solved" the problem...only to recant that statement each time after jumping to a false conclusion. He's a used car salesman...not a mechanic. That's why he had so many cars...not because he was rich ( even though he probably is)