10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 983,734 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 02-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
Constant

Default 1997 Dinan Supercharged M3

Hate to do it, but with too much work and not enough time, I'm selling my supercharged E36 M3. I've put about 400 miles on the car since Sept 2005, which is a shame because this M3 begs to be driven.

I took it out for a spin tonight for the first time in about 1.5 months; I've forgotten how brutal this car can be, especially on a cold winter night. Out on the open road, I lightly eased into 1st gear up to 3000RPM, then buried the throttle... 1st gear was gone in a flash as the tires lit up and scrabbled for traction. A quick shift to 2nd and again, the tires simply spun--fighting but never gaining traction. Shift into 3rd, and more of the same. Finally at about 6000RPM in 3rd, the rear tires settled down and I was able to thunder down the road. What a beast this car truly is! I will miss her...

The M3 is equipped with a Dinan Supercharger (Vortech blower), Porsche/Mov'it big brakes, Dinan stage 3 suspension, UUC Stage 2 flywheel and M5 clutch, iForged Aero wheels, Dinan exhaust, and much much more. The car has been fanatically maintained by an adult owner (me) with 2 Bimmers (the other being a 318ti of course)! Compression & leakdown were checked in 09/2005, and leakdown numbers were 2-4% across all cylinders. These numbers would be great for a brand new BMW engine, which is simply more amazing that it is on a supercharged engine with 90k on it. Mobil-1 every 3k miles, 93 octane gas, always garaged and properly warmed up keep this car in tip-top shape.

I have a website devoted to all the details, modifications, service history, pictures, FAQ; basically everything you wanted to know about the car is here: http://users.adelphia.net/~constantyu/m3/

Steal it from me for $19,500. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

Constant
Old 02-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
HuGo

living hear in los angeles, where can i get 93 octane gas from?? why does it need to run in 93 octane anyway? thx.

edit: how much HP do u know?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
Constant

For optimum performance, 93 octane is recommended. Especially on a forced induction car, you want to run the highest octane available to you to reduce the possibility of detonation. Forced induction cars can also take advantage of higher octane to produce much more power. That's why many supercharged & turbo guys will mix a few gallons of C14 (114 octane) or equivalent fuel into their tank and experience good gains. 91 octane in CA will work, but the performance may be down a tad. Dinan is the one and only BMW forced induction solution I know of that's CARB approved for you Cali folks.

The M3 dyno'd at 292RWHP, 252TQ. This is about 354HP at the engine.

Constant
Old 02-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
HuGo

If i were to get a DASC or a MASC do i need that 93 octane or is the 91 ok?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
Constant

I believe this is a For Sale thread about my M3, not a how-to on superchargers. Feel free to start your own thread in the Induction forum. http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25 Regards...

Constant
Closed Thread