318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Parting out & Parts (US)

Notices

Parting out & Parts (US) Cars being parted out and misc parts only!

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 96,092 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 59,103 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 56,445 Views
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 131,419 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 10-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
cracker red

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If you've been scammed, go here, file a complaint.

Mail fraud is a felony. The more counts he does, the longer/more serious the sentence can and will be.

We need everyone that has been hosed by this guy to file a complaint.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
BMW_Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker red View Post
That IS exactly how people scam other people using paypal. Paypal won't do a damn thing about it, their TOS don't matter, there is no protection using it. I've shipped items to people, had a tracking number and a delivery confirmation, and still got screwed over on a chargeback...all while the buyer text'd me telling me he was screwing me over.

Use a credit card when buying something with paypal, that way YOU can do the chargeback yourself and PP can kiss your grits.
(sorry to OP for going OT)

I was not reffering to credit card usage or chargebacks, I was shedding light on the situation of a buyer opening a claim, and the seller trying to clear his/her account to try and make away with the money thinking that if its not in their account then the buyer won't be accommodated. In the case I am speaking about, when a buyer opens a claim on a transaction, paypal automatically deducts the claim amount from the the sellers balance, even if there are no funds in their account (it will show up negative). In this case, paypal will decide who wins (most likely the buyer because paypal is al about customer service), if the seller does not have any funds in their account, paypal will still award the buyer, and add the deficit to the sellers account, so they will then owe paypal and their account will be restricted until it is redeemed.

I will agree that Seller protetion on paypal is a joke, I remember forwarding an email from ebay to paypal stating that a user was fraudulent, and they still sided with him. It was a huge set back for me, so I know how it feels.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
cracker red

What they told me, on the phone when I called a few night ago, was that the sellers PP balance was in the red (by 4-500 on account of a known chargeback in other dealings on another forum for wheels), his account is/was locked, and there is nothing I can do about it until he pays his account back to zero balance (like that's going to happen).

Me and the OP are in the same boat, with the same guy, so it's all relevant.

Last edited by cracker red; 10-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
BMW_Hatchback

I am sorry to hear that you two are out of any sort of money. I don't know who you spoke with, but they told you a load of crap, and I recommend you both open a claim against him if you haven't already, he has a certain amount of time to respond back. You both should be compensated by paypal, and the amount will be added to his deficit if he doesn't provide the needed information. This is part of their policy, and I don't see why they would only use it sometimes.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #20
cracker red

Well, thats why I CALLED, because it wouldn't let me open a claim. Thats what they told me, YMMV.

Basically I was told to try again in the future to open a calm on him.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #21
BMW_Hatchback

make sure to let me know the outcome, so far paypal has done a good job at screwing over Ti drivers
Old 10-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #22
dave45056

I have put in a dispute with Paypal. I'll let you know what happens.
By the way, this guy also goes by "Global Parts Alliance"
and has an alternate e-mail clevelandplow@gmail.com.

Watch out for any of these aliases.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
spykejones

Default Wow I guess I am sort of lucky in my sale

I had the same issue in the past. I bought a steering column which was overpriced, all to find out that I needed the EWS to go along with it and door locks to match. After driving 2 1/2 hours to Cleveland and waiting for him to pull the parts I ended up having to leave without the ews system and once I got back and contacted him he wanted another $50 in order to get the EWS and door locks which should have been given anyway due to our orig agreement. I payed it just to get the car running and it took almost a month after paying paypal to receive it. I did receive it but I bugged the crap out of him to ship it. He also lied about when he shipped it out. I think it was eventually shipped because I knew where he lived. I spoke with Dave about his issue and I am sorry to here this Dave. Well don't back down that is bad business for all and makes selling things on our great site feel like you might get screwed. That Kieve should not be doing this ever. Total Crap
Old 10-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
96cali

I had a similar run in with a jackass named Lucas Adkins years back. He was parting a clubsport in NJ and sold amny parts but did not ship many. People found his parents address, phone, where he worked, relatives and just HARASSED the hell out of them. I think that (and the threat of physical violence from locals) made him resolve the biggest claims (mine was around $500 and was big money for me). I am heading up to Cleveland 11/5-6- I can do a drive by and see what's up if you want.

His pic is on his myspace page too.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 AM   #25
96cali

You need to publicize this on bf.c. They go crazy for guys like this.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #26
THAT318

some ppl are just stupid. why cant ppl ever just do what they agreed on? life works so much easier that way. i sold rims for a f250 the other week and after dude sent me money i told him it would be a few days before i can send them out cuz i had a hectic week and would try to make time to send em asap. we kept in communication with him constantly buggin me with tire sizes again and again and asking about offset and things like that. it got annoying but it kept sending them out on the top of the list of things i had to do.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #27
agentchange

Default Here is what I have to say!

Well in my defense, Gcgrims I sent your money back because you were an A** you didn't have to file for a refund, I sent your money back on principle, why lie? Why did I send your Money Back? Because I don't want to deal with people like you! However unfortunately it seems this site is full of Hyper scared individuals afraid of getting ripped off the minute they send payment.

Spykejones I thought we were a cool, I've reconsidered, yes I sold you the steering column, if it was over priced why did you pay for it? I even threw in some extra parts for free... remember?

Yes it did take me some time to get you the door handles and the ews, (because I was new to BMW's and was unfamiliar with the EWS system)( later I found that I didn't even send you the EWS receiver) I guess you didn't care about that. I don’t even believe you used the column you bought, did you? It happens that sometimes we get Ideas and have plans and they just don’t work out. Did you make a mistake in purchasing the column? Also, didn’t you agree to ship back the door handles once the key barrels were removed? Because you never sent them did you? You only needed the lock barrels right? Also, didn't you just offer to sell me a car? I though it was nice BS'n with you when you were here, sorry I held you up.

BMVW you are right!

If I spend days communicating with you about parts and you finally decide that you want them a week later why am I expected to ship them out next day? I won't!

Patience is a virtue and it seems several people on this site are so afraid of getting ripped off that it gets the best of them and they turn in to " OH my god, I've gotten ripped off freaks overnight". If you don't give me the benefit of the doubt then I will not do business with you.

Dave, we communicated for almost 7 days in a row about what parts you wanted, it seemed you weren’t sure, then at the last minute you wanted the part. I received payment on the night of 7th and by the afternoon of the 9th I received this email.

This is what I mean, please read this email carefully, remember its less than 48 hours later.

I am getting worried (why are you getting worried, do you have problems?) about the parts I have ordered.
When I made my payment on 10/7, (it's now the 9th and the first time back to my computer, I called him and left a message but no answer till Monday) I simply asked that you let me know when the parts would ship. But since getting my money you have not responded to me (because I wasn't around), even though I have e-mailed and sent a PM thru 318ti.org It appears that others have also had problems with you ( who gcgrims?) Shipping parts, based on the posts on your thread.

I am giving you this opportunity to communicate with me about this matter before I make a post on your thread. (Threatening me less than 48 hours later, sorry dude not acceptable, I called you on Friday to make sure that you still needed the part, it seemed like if you didn’t get it overnight you weren’t going to need it, but no answer or response till the following Monday. (By then I decided that I was just going to send his money back at my convenience.)

Can you please let me know when you shipped or will ship my part?

If you have already shipped it, thanks.

Just a word of advice. (Thanks for the advice Dave) Communication is the key to keeping buyers of your parts happy.

Here's some advice for you: being resonable and patient is the key to keeping sellers happy~

Cracker Red you are a Moron! I did the best I could to help you. You however did not pay for the items you purchased you merely sent a deposit, which you will get back and I clearly remember telling you that. Since the items were very large shipping them safely was an issue, I did not have a box large enough to ship the whole rear leather seats upper and lower, both rear black leather side panels and bolsters safely, but you would not pay for individual boxes because you wanted to save money on shipping right?
So I had to get a large box, which I eventually did. I even tried to order boxes specifically for your order but they were just to expensive (150$ for 10). By the time I did get one you already had your panties in a bunch, I would suggest buying some briefs.

Side note> I can't believe that you filed with the FBI... you are a Jack***! I should also point out that I find it Hilarious!

I don't want one penny that I haven’t earned! I DON”T WANT ONE PENNY THAT I HAVEN”T EARNED! I hope you understand that! I don't think you do because I clearly told you that before you posted this thread. Oh well, nice try!

CRACK and DAVE you are cry babies who should not attempt to purchase anything via the internet or with paypal! You will get your money back, if I have to sell this very computer that I’m typing on to do so! Trust me I don't want your money it means nothing to me, NOTHING! I'm not a scam artist and every sale that I tried to make was in good faith. You A-holes however did not give me the benefit of the doubt (because apparently you’ve been ripped off before) and your lack of patience is amazing, astonishing, and insatiable!

You assume my life circumstances are like yours and they are not. I do not spend every waking moment on the Internet or my computer; if you do I would suggest a hobby. Maybe selling car parts online would suit you.

I mean if your going to try to tear down someone’s name and character why not do it honestly and give all the facts? Though why would you do that? It doesn’t make for a very convincing case.

I don't want your MONEY! Repeat I Don’t Want your Money! Unless you let me use it as toilet paper.

I hope this clears my name to any that read this, I will reply to all replies and messages when I get a chance.

Do any of you think I could have a good case in court? I wonder if I could make a case, based on the slander, defamation of character, harassment, and exposure of personal information and all other attempts of Slander! I guess I will consult an attorney.

Note once you agree to pay for something with paypal, and then decide that you don’t want it for whatever reason the person you sent money to has three weeks to send it back. Aparently Paypal thinks this is a reasonable amount of time, please take this into consideration before you make purchases. Also be clear about when you expect your item to be shipped, I think 5 business days for small parts and 10 business days for large parts is resonable since these are specialty items that are not pre packaged. What do you think?

Thanks to all the understanding and patient people.

Sincerely, Kieve Flinn
Old 10-31-2009, 04:29 AM   #28
dave45056

These are his own words. Now I'm sure you can all understand why I am saying not to buy from him. He communicated well before the sale, but the moment I sent payment, he disappeared. Worst of all he LIED about sending my parts. He called my office phone on Friday after I was gone for the day, then got pissed I didn't call back until Monday when I got the message.

We had an agreement. I payed for my part in full. He said he shipped it, which turned out to be a lie. Says he doesn't want my money, but hasn't returned it. Additionally he wants me to send him $5 on paypal for a response. Nice guy, huh?
We are a community here and have known some people for a long time. YES we are leary about buying on the internet from people we don't know. YES we need communication after a sale to make sure a part is shipped.

I reiterate... don't deal with this guy. He's a Liar and a Thief in my book. And he wasted 2.5 weeks of my time waiting on parts he never shipped.

Good news is, I got the parts I needed elsewhere... purchased them over the Internet and had great service.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #29
gcims

Kiev, I was never rude to you or unreasonable. I was disappointed that you never shipped the tools you said you did after waiting 3wks from the time you were paid. When you did not return my emails, PM's and call, I ran the dispute thru PayPal (non receipt dispute# PP-767-366-525 on 8-18-09) and you returned my money in less than an hour. You gave your reason for not shipping the parts and being busy. I said no hard feeelings. Then you turned around and posted these tools as for sale. I PM'd you back saying if you still have them, I would honor the original deal, just send them. You never replied.

Why would you return my $ in 1hr but not ship the tools in 3wks after getting your money? You do not make sense!

Look, to prove to you I am not an ass, ship the tools to me. When they get here, I WILL Pay Pal you the $20 PLUS post that you did a good job on the sale for all the world to see. You need to recover your reputation here. I just want the tools!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #30
pdxmotorhead

Just an general observation from a non interested party.
I'm not pointing to the folks involved here, rather the community at large.

Sellers:
1. MUST publish their terms clearly and stick to them.
2. Communicate ASAP no matter what plans they have that may interfere.
3. DO NOT have the right to hold funds refunds etc if they want to maintain a good reputation. Does not matter if the buyer is a jerk. And Paypal is NOT a benchmark.
4. Be an adult, you have to hold the high ground and do what you need even if your pissed off. Its part of running a business get over it...
5. If something goes wrong, Be tidy and don't BS about what happened, suck it up and be honest so it won't bite you on the butt later.
6. Don't procrastinate, your running a business, other people are depending on you doing what you promised, what seems small could be screwing someone over big time and you won't know it, until they are pissed.
7. Running a business is WORK if you think its going to be an easy buck your an idiot.

Buyers:
1. Must follow instructions. Understand the sale terms and don't whine if your perception is that they owe you the world you agree to the terms when you pay the $$.
2. Be realistic, don't start from "I was screwed" ANYBODY can have stuff happen if you know the seller is a part timer, you should expect the occasional lag. It is pretty standard in small business that people work 8AM to 5PM THEIR time zone, and weekends are NOT workdays and do not count in the wait time.
3. If you supported your local shop you would not have this problem.

"The sweet taste of a good deal, does not last near as long as the sour taste of a bad one."

Ok I'm done...

Dave
Closed Thread