Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,286 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
lutze

Vehicles
Default WTB Trunk parcel shelf, CD changer magazine

Just picked up a '95 ti and looking to fill in some missing pieces...

Looking for:
  • a rear deck / parcel shelf (black interior)
  • rear-mounted CD changer 6-disc magazine (can buy the whole thing off you if you'd rather not split it up), or
  • the single-disc Business CD head unit, if it'll fit a '95 w/o me having to tear the dash apart replacing mounting brackets and wiring.

If anyone has one/many of the above, or runs across them somewhere else, I'd appreciate the head's up.

Thanks
lutze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
John_in_VA

Default WTB Trunk parcel shelf, CD changer magazine

I helped a buddy find a ti about a month ago and he is going through the same sort of things bringing it "up to speed." A new parcel shelf is ~$120. His, too, is black but has faded a bit from so he's thinking about replacing it. His may be available. I'm is Leesburg; he's just west of me in Purcellville.

I have a factory cassette head unit and CD changer from a '95 325i sedan that have been in storage since '96. I might have an extra 6-disc magazine - will have to check.

John
John_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_in_VA View Post
I helped a buddy find a ti about a month ago and he is going through the same sort of things bringing it "up to speed." A new parcel shelf is ~$120. His, too, is black but has faded a bit from so he's thinking about replacing it. His may be available. I'm is Leesburg; he's just west of me in Purcellville.
If your friend buys a new parcel shelf, and lutze buys the old one, I'll help with info on how to make the faded one black again.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
lutze

Vehicles

I actually just moved from Leesburg back in February and work in Dulles so I'm halfway there during the week. If he decides to part with the deck that'd be great -- otherwise, is the $120 figure direct from BMW, or through another dealer? I had a closer look and it looks like part of the plastic retainer assembly for the deck pins is broken off of those speaker cover / trim pieces, so I may have a few more pieces to collect before that's taken care of. And regarding the stereo, I might be interested in the head unit as well if you're looking to part with it; the face of my existing one is pretty worn out but all the aftermarket head units I've found are either cheap and gimicky or won't match the rest of the amber interior lighting.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
John_in_VA

@roadrash - I told Bruce we could use some SEM aerosol dye to "blacken" it up, but he's afraid it will be streaky. I even showed him MacUser's blog entry.

@lutze - Look for a PM from me with more info.
John_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
hotmilk400

i have a black faded one that i would let go. i took it out since i have a sub in my car, and it would rattle. it is out of a 98 tho, not sure if it is 100% the same, but it should be.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_in_VA View Post
@roadrash - I told Bruce we could use some SEM aerosol dye to "blacken" it up, but he's afraid it will be streaky. I even showed him MacUser's blog entry.
If that's the thread that I commented in, look for my pix. The stuff I used was not streaky.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
tbake504

I have one if you want to buy it. Pm me if you want me.
tbake504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #9
lutze

Vehicles

tbake - pm sent

Just to update, the car apparently has a Pioneer head unit, which (according to realoem) makes a difference on the cd cassette.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #10
wolferj-RIP

You would need a cd changer with the m-bus connector (round plug) to work with your current head unit. The later models (96 and later) "usually" came with an i-bus connector (small square plug).

The CD-43 and CD-20 business head units use the i-bus connector for the changer. The head units should be plug and play with your existing stereo wiring with the exception of the changer cable. You could source a later style cable for the radio to cd connection, but the power supply connection is different and would need to be modded to work.
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Trevi

PM Sent.
Trevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #12
lutze

Vehicles

@roadrash & John_in_VA: I did pick up Bruce's shelf off him, so I'll be trying the re-darkening process eventually here

@Trevi: Got it, thanks. B/c I have the Pioneer setup and would be using the Pioneer 6-disc already in the trunk, I think I have to replace the headunit with another Pioneer rather than the Alpine.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
LostCause

ive got a black parcel shelf for sale, pm me.
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
lutze

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
ive got a black parcel shelf for sale, pm me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutze View Post
@roadrash & John_in_VA: I did pick up Bruce's shelf off him, so I'll be trying the re-darkening process eventually here.
Found one already, but thank you for the offer. Now, if you happened to have a spare unbroken set of the rear speaker covers/parcel shelf hinges we could be in business