318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 973,929 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
WhoNew

Default Eaton S/C question

Hello all. I have a question about the snout of an Eaton m90 S/C.

I need to shorten it by 3 inches. Should I cut it, and try to machine it down, or try to find a shorter nose that will fit.

I have done a ton of google searches, and have only found that an M62 and M45 nose will not fit the M90 case, and that the thunderbird M90 is driven from the opposite side (go figure FORD makes it upside down). I have included a few pics.

Also, Is the M44 the only engine to use the air shroud injectors, or do all BMW's use them ?

The Miata speed check valve, does it go in the line between the Air intake boot and the injectors ?

Where can I find a rising rate fuel pressure regulator RRFPR ??

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22563
WhoNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
SDKmann

Not to sound like a dick but is a new thread that links into your other thread necessary for every question you have? I think you'll be just fine posting in your other thread. Sorry, not trying to be rude.

Id try find a shorter nose that would fit, I wouldnt cut it personally. Should be stronger that way too.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
WhoNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Not to sound like a dick but is a new thread that links into your other thread necessary for every question you have? I think you'll be just fine posting in your other thread. Sorry, not trying to be rude.
Actually, I found that it is. I purposely post here, so the guys who have knowledge of FI will chime in. It seems that when you ask questions in an existing thread, they tend not to get looked at again.

Not only that, But the thread in the lounge is to keep people who are interested in my forward (and hopefully not backward) progress. This section is for questions I have......

Trust me, I thought long and hard before I just willy nilly posted a new thread, but the other thread has not had an answer in more than 24 hours, and this one has more questions.

So, I understand why you would say something, and I don't think you are a dick, but it caught your eye didn't it ??

I could be asking questions about how to put gas in my car, or where the oil filter is located, or how many Germans it takes to change a light bulb in an e36, but I think these are valid questions, and HOPEFULLY someone other than myself will learn a few things in the process.

The link was in case someone wanted to see what the questions were all about, and that I'm not some 19 year old wishing things outloud. As 99% of the threads I have read while doing searches about this subject. I am trying to give GOOD usable information, as well as receive good usable information. That's all.

Now I could lock myself in the garage, and complete the project and never say a word about how I did it, so the way I see it, I can start a new thread to get some feedback on questions.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
SDKmann

Very true, my apologies.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
WhoNew

Thank you. apology accepted. Sorry I got a little snippy at the end of my rant.

So, can you answer any of my questions ??? LOL !!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
SDKmann

I say ask FATHER on what he did with the snout, I wouldnt try to cut it personally, if you can find a shorter one that fits Id go with that.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
Flint01

1992 to 1995 Bonneville Smaller Snout It looks like it will work fine (from your pic, WhoNew). I would look into that if it will fit.
Flint01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
WhoNew

Thanks flint. I will look into it.

i have read all the KO and MA S/C threads, and they are a nightmare. However, I did talk to father quite a bit, but he is using a piggyback to run his injectors. I would like to rum M3 injectors, but am not sure if they are the airshroud type like the m44's are.