318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Electrical

Notices

Electrical All wiring questions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,989 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #61
oakley

Ok iv just aquired the obc.I take it from reading this I now need to aquire a stalk!! and i cant use it without? Looking at it im not going to be able to wire all the functions in..It all looks too complicated to me but I do want outside temp so if all I can get working is time and temp thats cool...Bearing that in mind is the stalk needed?
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #62
RenanMoreira

MY OBC Shows PPP too, please help us!!!

'95 318ti Violettschwarz
RenanMoreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #63
championc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakley View Post
Ok iv just aquired the obc.I take it from reading this I now need to aquire a stalk!! and i cant use it without? Looking at it im not going to be able to wire all the functions in..It all looks too complicated to me but I do want outside temp so if all I can get working is time and temp thats cool...Bearing that in mind is the stalk needed?
Did you get sorted ? If you follow the details in my post #17 or that of #35 you can't go far wrong. It's fairly simple once you can use a screwdriver

C
championc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #64
L84THSKY

I recently tried to sort out the Cruise Control issue, still no luck. It really sucks that there is no visual indicator on the dash when the Cruise Control is on/activated. I'm running blind hoping I get that last wire sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Firestone View Post
here you go

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #65
oakley

Na I didnt put any more effort in!! The obc is still kicking around in my boot!! Really could do with taking a look at it again tho as my old clock led screen burst in the cold weather so its bleeding abit at the mo!!
18" AC Schnitzer alloys. AC Schnitzer exhaust. Umnitza V2 Angel eyes with remote locking function. 6500K HID's (altho currently running 4200K HID's) Rogue Engineering RSM's. EBC Turbo discs and Greenstuff Pads. Retro fit dimming mirror. M style indicator wing mirrors. Carbon Fibre GT splitter. Carbon kidneys grills. Alpine IDA-X001 Ipod headunit. M3 leather gaitors. M pedals. Illuminated M gearshift. Reiger rear spoiler. Shark fin.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #66
John Firestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
I recently tried to sort out the Cruise Control issue, still no luck. It really sucks that there is no visual indicator on the dash when the Cruise Control is on/activated. I'm running blind hoping I get that last wire sorted out.
I have a controller detect when the cruise control is engaged by watching the high side of the actuator clutch (X22 pin 23):

I don't know how much current you can draw off the cruise control module nor what kind of inductive kick comes off the clutch. I designed for the worst case.

Last edited by John Firestone; 09-16-2009 at 07:07 PM.
John Firestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #67
Alexandre VTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenanMoreira View Post
MY OBC Shows PPP too, please help us!!!

'95 318ti Violettschwarz
I have this problem here too. Yesterday change my battery, and this shows up.

Any advice?
Alexandre VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #68
harriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
That's an odd question. I read miles per gallon by reading the MPG on my OBC. I have reset it before, but when I leave it be, it eventually averages out to about 25MPG.

I was only concerned about the MPG being accurate, because my MPH was NOT accurate. Since they do not use each other's info to make calculations, my MPG should be correct.

Can you answer my original question? Does your MPH (average speed...whatever you call it) read accurately when moving and when stopped?

MPH is an AVERAGE speed over the course of the trip. if you reset it while stopped it will read 0
harriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #69
harriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre VTS View Post
I have this problem here too. Yesterday change my battery, and this shows up.

Any advice?
PPP here too after jump start. did anyone fix the ppp issue yet? or does it have to go back to dealer?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #70
Alexandre VTS

I bought a new onboard computer. Find a cheap brand new on germany, so didn't wasted my time and money with dealer. But next time, that I'll change my battery, I'll disconect the OBC
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #71
harriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre VTS View Post
I bought a new onboard computer. Find a cheap brand new on germany, so didn't wasted my time and money with dealer. But next time, that I'll change my battery, I'll disconect the OBC
How do you disconnect the OBC? I can't seem to get the wire harness off the back of the unit.

If i order a new OBC do I have to get it reprogrammed?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #72
championc

I tried a few times by disconnecting the unit completely for a few days. At one stage, it suddenly started working again out of the blue and then when back to it's old ways. Sadly, I've now said goodbye to my E36 Compact but am enjoying my replacement - an E46 Convertible !!

C
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #73
harriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by championc View Post
I tried a few times by disconnecting the unit completely for a few days. At one stage, it suddenly started working again out of the blue and then when back to it's old ways. Sadly, I've now said goodbye to my E36 Compact but am enjoying my replacement - an E46 Convertible !!

C
How do you disconnect the unit? I can't seem to get the wire harness off the computer .. any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #74
championc

Lever the clock / unit out. Just use a small flat screwdriver and put if around the sides, only in about 0.3mm and start levering it out. Once out, simply disconnect the electrical connection off the back.

C
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #75
Alexandre VTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriman View Post
How do you disconnect the OBC? I can't seem to get the wire harness off the back of the unit.

If i order a new OBC do I have to get it reprogrammed?
Well,

As I remeber, was not complicated to unplug the OBC.

In my case, wasn't need any reprogram. Just pluged, and voilα!