318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,000 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
shaggy318ti

Default CUSTOM FIBERGLASS BOX

Hello,
I was wondering if any of the members on this forum woul be interested in ordering a custom fiberglass "stealth" box. I would be making and selling these. I have already made one and I am in the middle of making my second one. I will describe how they look so you guys can get a feel for how they appear.
The box would contain one 12" woofer, or possibly two tens depending on what you want. The back of the box is molded fiberglass, and it would sit in the rear hatch on the passenger side. The front of the box would be flat and made of MDF. The front of the box would extend from the farthest point of the inner wheels well, and continue to the rear tail light. The rear of the box would fit the side wall carpeting of the hatch. These boxes weigh roughly 5-10 pounds without the speaker.
I have been making custom fiberglass and MDF boxes for well over 5 years. So i do have a little experience. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks alot,
DAN
shaggy318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
shaggy318ti

HAHA- Yes, Tyler i totally agree, unfortunately i am at work right now. And i'm sure that my description did not help much. When i get home i will try and snap a few pictures of the box i am in the progress of making.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
oakley

Talking

dude id be interested if u can post to uk or put on ebay ect...been looking for ages to find a decent setup..i have a 12" sony explode but it just fills the whole boot..want something that fits in the plastic well by the wheel arch and frees up some space!!! POST THOSE PICS!!!!!
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
snwbrdrbum10

how much for a 12" box? and i believe someone had a DIY on this type of box. It fills in the wheel well portion of your hatch on one or both sides....
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...ight=enclosure
Old 06-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
shaggy318ti

yes, the boxes would look alot like the ones posted above. The only difference is the face of the sub box would be flat, not curved. This saves on cost, and it has more strength since the majority of the face is flat.

Price would be around 200 dollars
Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy318
Price would be around 200 dollars

Bump for a good price..

I'm sure people will take you up on this offer with that price. I would if i was interested in a new setup myself,but untill she blows it's staying.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
jetblackbimmer

I talked to a guy about having 2 molded pieces similar to the one above, but at an angle to have the amps mounted above it and he quoted me $5000 just to do the mold, not including rerouting wires or mounting the subs and amps. Would love to do it myself but I don't have the space to work with fiberglass.

I am definitely interested.

What about colors? I want something to match the black/red millipoint interior. How much more for that kind of coloring? Still need to see it though.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:53 AM   #9
shaggy318ti

I will get some pictures up as soon as possible.
I threw this out here as an idea to see how much interest there is. The price of 200 would get the box built, molded and sealed. That does not include the woofer or my installation, or an amp, that is simply a molded box that will fit very well in our hatches!
Jetblack- I can apply upholstery to these boxes, but i will charge a little more, depending on the price of the fabric. Right now i can NOT paint these boxes due to where i live.
Hope this all helps, let me know if there is any more interest or suggestions. I am open to just about anything!!!

-DAN