318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
solar panels for mobile...
05-15-2024 01:16 AM
Last post by solar_czpt
05-15-2024 01:16 AM
0 Replies, 379 Views
1997 manual 318TI M...
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 631 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,312,739 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-29-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
1rstbmw!

Default Wrecked and stolen ti

So last night I take a ride with two of my buddies in my ti. I head down a rural road driving about 40-50 when a deer runs out in front. I swerve to miss and get in the grass on the right side of the road and it pulls my car off into the ditch.At the time it appeared that there wasn't any damage, so we decided to just pull it out.The only problem was is that it was stuck in there pretty good and didn't seem like it was going to come out on it's on.
Of course we didn't have any cell phone service so we walked up on top of the hill to call my cousin to pull us out.We waited on top of the hill for him to get there and we decided that with it being so dark it would do some damage to the car pulling it out.So we had him just run us to my house and we would come get it in the morning.
We get to where my car was only to find that it was gone The only thing left was a wheel well and side molding.I've filed a police report but my guess is that I'm not getting it back in one piece if at all.
More than likely if it doesn't show in the next week , I'm guesing that it's getting parted out. So I need everyone here to keep there eyes open for it or parts of it that may be sold online.This is really frustrating for me because the car only has liability insurance and is my only car.I'm still stunned that it was stolen given the area it was and the time frame they had to take it.Sorry for the long post but I'm just about to go crazy right now.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
1996 328ti

Vehicles

You sure it wasn't towed by the police?
Sounds like when I wrecked my car. I went to a nearby house for help and two guys looted the car.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
You sure it wasn't towed by the police?
Sounds like when I wrecked my car. I went to a nearby house for help and two guys looted the car.
Nope I've checked all the towing companies and so have the police.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
BobbyDigital

man, sorry to hear about that...I would suggest getting full coverage next time though, its really not that much more, especially if you change companies.
BobbyDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
man, sorry to hear about that...I would suggest getting full coverage next time though, its really not that much more, especially if you change companies.

It is for me I'm 18, and have a clear record it goes from $60 for liability to $140 for full coverage, but I was just about to switch it back because my car payments ended about 8 months ago.It would have been worth it, but to late now.Life lesson learned for me I guess.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
L84THSKY

Wow, I'm speechless. The only thing you could have done, was sleep in the car. But then you would have a rude awakening when the thieves came knockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rstbmw! View Post
Nope I've checked all the towing companies and so have the police.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
Will'sBimmer

wow. that really sucks. i have a question though because i am curious. Did you lock the car when you left it?? Cus if so ( and i am sure you did) then wouldnt locking the car also arm the anti-theft on the engine making it impossible for it to start??? Well I quess if the thief had a tow truck to pull it out he wouldnt need to start it. This sounds like a thief who has access to a tow truck and probaley has access to a junkyard or someone who could help him strip the car and find people to buy the parts because Ti's are rare and not just anyone would need those parts. Because if you locked that car then he cant start it anyway unless he his a BMW computer nerd or something or he just wants the parts anyways and it doesnt matter if the car will start while it is togther or not. SO.....did you lock it???
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
mohaughn

EWS is always active regardless of whether or not the doors are locked or the alarm is armed. If you are not using the right key with the proper electronic signal you will not be able to start the car.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #9
StealthBimmer

Damn you guys down south are rough! Actually that might happen anywhere. Sorry to hear that your ti got jacked from the ditch. Some people just don't give us a break on our bimmers.

My Ultimate Driving Machines

BMWCCA #369516
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/
Best MA ti meet pics
Recommended tint place
StealthBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
HuGo

Kool, im finally getting my fender!

Nah man im just joking. That sucks man. My first car was on liability and got stolen too. I didnt get my car back after 6 months and only to find my skateboard and stereo missing. All my cds were still there (like 60 of em) and i was shocked the car came back to me like it left. I pay 100 for liability for my car now and itll be 250 a month for me to full cover my car. Which i kinda want to do now with all the money im throwing into it.

Hope you find it back though.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
tastade

A good cutoff point is 10%, if you pay more than 10% of your cars value each year you should consider dropping collision and comprehensive. There will of cource be a few people that lose out, but a majority will come out ahead. I pay $140 a year for liability or about $500 a year for collision and comprehensive in addition.

Considering my Car is worth about $4,500 or less, I dropped to just liability. I could get a higher deductible on collision and comp, but then my deductible is a big portion of the cars value. I will just take the chance.

Sorry to hear that your car got stolen though, that sucks. I imagine someone just loaded it onto a truck and took off with it. How close are you with your friends, one of them isn't involved are they?
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #12
1rstbmw!

I left the keys in it. I know it was an idiotic move but you really have to know my town.This never happens here and I guess I was so pissed that I ditched it that I didn't think about the keys.If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:20 AM   #13
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

scabzzzz, give this kid his car back.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
angel318ti

If it was the original engine and transmission your VIN should be on them and also on some of the body panels. Keep an eye out for any parts that go up for sale online and request the VIN # from the seller. Sorry to hear you got jacked.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #15
REDIS

sorry to hear the bad news. good luck. I hope you find the bastard and beat him.