03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,464 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
mohaughn

Default Cruise Control actuator and control unit

Anybody want a cruise control actuator? Right now I have the unit that mounts up behind the driver side headlights and the mounting bracket that holds it down.

The bowden cable is attached but the rubber grommet that holds the cable into the throttle body fell apart when I pushed it out. So you will probably need a new bowden cable. It is about 20$ at the dealer.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...52&hg=66&fg=20

So 3, 4, and 7 is what I believe is all in one piece. I also have 8 and 9, the plastic piece that holds the cable to the throttle plate and the little metal clip that holds the bowden cable onto the strut tower. $40 shipped.

I'll take a picture and post part numbers when I get home. I wasn't sure which unit was the cruise control unit so once I've checked my bentleys and make sure I'm removing the right unit I will also have the cruise control unit. I need to look at how the stalk mounts to the steering column to see if I want to remove that.

The control unit will probably be 75$.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
L84THSKY

I may be interested in some of the parts. I have the actuator, and the bracket, but maybe not all the misc parts, under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Anybody want a cruise control actuator? Right now I have the unit that mounts up behind the driver side headlights and the mounting bracket that holds it down.

The bowden cable is attached but the rubber grommet that holds the cable into the throttle body fell apart when I pushed it out. So you will probably need a new bowden cable. It is about 20$ at the dealer.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...52&hg=66&fg=20

So 3, 4, and 7 is what I believe is all in one piece. I also have 8 and 9, the plastic piece that holds the cable to the throttle plate and the little metal clip that holds the bowden cable onto the strut tower. $40 shipped.

I'll take a picture and post part numbers when I get home. I wasn't sure which unit was the cruise control unit so once I've checked my bentleys and make sure I'm removing the right unit I will also have the cruise control unit. I need to look at how the stalk mounts to the steering column to see if I want to remove that.

The control unit will probably be 75$.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 02-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
mohaughn

OK. First dibs will go to whomever wants the entire thing. Some of the small parts are so cheap that it may not be worth it to me to box them up and ship them. Let me know what little things you are looking for. If nobody else wants it, we can probably work something out.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
aceyx

You're asking $110 then?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
mohaughn

Sure. I'll take 110$ for both the actuator and the control module. I should be able to get it out of the car before Saturday, the control module that is. So I probably can't ship it all until Saturday or Monday.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 AM   #6
L84THSKY

What about parts 2 & 11 in the picture, what are they? Do you have them?

Quote:
Sure. I'll take 110$ for both the actuator and the control module. I should be able to get it out of the car before Saturday, the control module that is. So I probably can't ship it all until Saturday or Monday.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 AM   #7
mohaughn

Not sure. I haven't look at how the control unit mounts up under the dash. I do know that there is a cluster of wires behind where the stock dead pedal is. I mounted an aluminum dead pedal to the side wall right in front of those wires. I'm guessing the control unit just plugs right in.

Can you remove the wiring for the cruise control in one bundle?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
L84THSKY

I dunno, I have a new harness to install anyway. The control box goes behind the glove, so that is where this bracket must go.

Quote:
Not sure. I haven't look at how the control unit mounts up under the dash. I do know that there is a cluster of wires behind where the stock dead pedal is. I mounted an aluminum dead pedal to the side wall right in front of those wires. I'm guessing the control unit just plugs right in.

Can you remove the wiring for the cruise control in one bundle?

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 02-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
mohaughn

Ahhh.. OK. I've not even looked for the module yet. From that picture it looked like it was in the driver side kick panel... If those are the brackets holding the control unit in I should have them. Something is holding it in..

Although I do recall that the EWS is plugged into a bigger array that has a bracket to hold all of it. If I can get a picture of how the control unit is mounted would that help you?
Closed Thread