318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1995 318i M42 removal of...
Yesterday 02:07 AM
Last post by BertrandP102
Yesterday 02:07 AM
0 Replies, 329 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
05-28-2024 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 2,224 Views
E30 trailing arms
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 381 Views
OMG!OMG!
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 595 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,453 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
HuGo

Thumbs up OMG! HaHa! Ouchies!

So i just came back from the CHP station to get my application. It was pretty hot today on the way back and foward dont know why. On my way to the station there was 6 sherrifs on the freeway. On the way back, i saw 2 CHP's pull over a car. Then there was a CHP motorcycle that was infront of me. So the streets were pretty heated.

Anyway, so im cruising back to my house. There's a Honda Prelude with its stickers, cheap exhaust (with the silencer ), CF hood and trunk. So i guess he was cruising but i was cruising faster then i passed him. He quickly tried sped up wieving traffic (which was pretty heavy) like a jackass (thats why i want to be a CHP to control all that crap) and he starts to tailgate me sick. Then he went 2 lines to my right and passed me. Whatever i dont care. But then i went one lane to the right because it was empty and i happen to pass him again. And again this guy tailgates me after. He lines up next to me and i glanced over, then he started revving his engine (while we were on the freeway driving at 45mph). I have learned to restrain myself and i ignored it. Even IF i wanted to give him a little quick run, i wouldnt have done it cuz theres a lot of traffic and from all the cops i saw i dont want to get pulled over. Either way, i wasn't going to race cuz i dont do that no more. So then he takes off all fast (freeway cleared once we passed the one freeway that gets packed). Two minutes later, guess what? Nope, didnt get pulled over. He freaking crashed on the right side on a tight left turn. He must of skid and slammed his car on the right shoulder.

What did i do? I exit on the next exit to get out. I go back the other way, exit again, to go back the way i was going, to stop where he crashed. I stopped infront of his car, got out went to him. I went to him stook my hand out to him and said "Id like to shake your hand and congratulate you for being a f*cking retard. Looks like the turns owned you." Of coarse he didnt shake my hand and said "F*ck You." I laughed and said "If you had a BMW the suspension would have helped you in these turns like a piece of cake. You didnt see my fly passed you?" Then i pulled up his winshield wiper, put a business card there and said, call him. Then i took off. The business card is my dad's tow truck!

LMAO! God I love this. Im only laughing because he didnt get hurt. If he did then i wouldnt be laughing and i would help him but the guy but didnt get hurt but messed up his car for trying to show off to me and/or race me.

I love the feeling of restraining myself of a race then seeing this happen. Good thing i learn to just hold up and forget about it. I have ALWAYS wanted to do this; where i refuse a race, see the person crash, and me pull over and laugh at the person then congratulate him. And today my dream came true.

This isnt a "kill" story cuz well, i didnt race anyone. But more of a lesson that i learn the outcomes to NOT street race, restrain myself and just forget about it and to see what would have happen if i did. Obviously if i were to be racing i would go much faster where maybe that turn would have tooken me out. But instead i cruised it on the turn and passed by the car that wanted to race me.

so so sad

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
HuGo

BTW, thanks for all the punishment and all the BS you guys gave me about the street racing. Although i said i dont do it every weekend and didnt believe me but i have learned more to just forget about it. And i realize first hand what can happen. I have learned from this. So ill be part of the gang, ill rip on any street racers on this board so they can learn too

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Well I'm glad you didn't put a note with 318ti.org on it.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
Well I'm glad you didn't put a note with 318ti.org on it.
I should have. Maybe he'd want a Ti after him seeing me take the same turn without spinning out. Unless he wants to repair that totaled car.

I cant believe i didnt take a pic, DAMN
!

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
Jean H.318TI

dude honda guys think that they will bit up any bimmer with their VTEC thing... and they think tat VTEC is a f**kin turbo.lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean H.318TI View Post
dude honda guys think that they will bit up any bimmer with their VTEC thing... and they think tat VTEC is a f**kin turbo.lol.
A guy in my job once told me when his friend's vtec kicks in, all he does is burn tires. Sad i know. I told him when my dad's vtec kicks in all it does is do 360 burnouts.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 AM   #7
tastade

Haha, the better thing to have done would have been to offer to call him a tow truck. It is always nice to see people get what they deserve, but you shouldn't rub their face in it. I wouldn't bash the Prelude, my '91 Prelude handled as good as my 318ti. The only downside to the prelude was the understeer when I had my race tires, and I didn't have a limited slip to put power down coming out of corners. With the street tires it was pretty neutral handling though, and the Honda's can go through a slaloms like none other. The Honda Fit posts a slalom speed near that of a Ferrari or Porsche, this is just one aspect of handling, but important none the less.
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
pnosker

Preludes are front wheel drive... most FF cars don't have lsds because of the fact they're FWD. But yeah, nice slalom speed with the Fit (cool car).

Glad to hear you're ok and learned Hugo.

Another funny VTEC story. This kid in one of my classes (he was a soph and I was a senior) was talking about his 1992 civic and he said it had VTEC, and some frosh asked him what VTEC was and he said "it's like a turbo, but doesn't make the whiney noise."

stupid people
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #9
project318TI

Hey Hugo, what color was the prelude and what freeway did he try hitting u up on?
project318TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by project318TI View Post
Hey Hugo, what color was the prelude and what freeway did he try hitting u up on?
It was yellow on the 110.

What part of LA are you from?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #11
M3_KILL3R

lmao man thats funny ya ive had A LOT of people try to race me from, luxury E classes to ricer civics.....i love just driving off makes me feel great!i remember once in my cousins car a celica and a gti tried racing us we drove off they both crashed like 2 mins apart i was freakin crackin my ass off!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
Mothman

Vehicles

LOL I Had a Yellow Hemi Truck try to race me! I was doing 75mph in the #2 lane and I would not move out of his way. He was blowing his horn and flashing his lights. The #1 lane (ie Fast lane was packed) So when he got in the #3 lane to pass me, I went to 85mph; just enough that the car in front of him and me blocked his pass. So he got behind me thinking that I was going to keep my speed (WRONG AGAIN) I kept just fast enough that lanes 1 and 3 were always blocked. Then when I saw him jump from 2 all the way to lane 4 (because it was opening up) I kept my speed fast enough just to keep his front wheel in my mirrors. I opened up my sunroof to listen to his engine and sure enough a few seconds later I heard his engine ram up. The downside for him was that we started going UP hill! (LOL!!!!) Well, as we started up the hill I was going about 112-115mph and he faded away!

Just before I got to the top of the hill, I remember that CHP likes to sit on the on ramp, so I drifted into the #4 Lane and got in front of a Ralph's 18 wheeler. Low and behold there he was waiting with his radar gun up! and Turbo Boost BMW CHP Bike, Mr. Hemi came flying over the hill and got pulled over.

Lesson for all Hemi Truck drivers, Going UP HILL is not the best time to make your move and CHP Officers 8-10 times are on the other side.

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 AM   #13
HuGo

I do the EXACT same thing. If im already going 80 (which is pretty fast and over the speed limit) and i see someone try to go around me to go faster, once i see them switch lanes, i speed up so that the other car gets on the way of the passer. So then the passer gets behind me again cuz im going fast but then i go slow again. And i keep doing it over and over until he jumps 3 lanes over, or i get bored.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #14
Mad-Machine

I hate it when people do that to me. I like to keep a steady speed on the highway. I usually keep the cruise set for around 72. I really really REALLY hate it when people speed up to either keep me from passing them or they realize they were going slow and speed up to match my speed. Makes me feel boxed in
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:08 AM   #15
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Don't play games on the highway. We could all take lessons for German drivers. Keep the left lane clear unless you are passing, if you are passing get it over with and move over. Some people drive faster than others, get over it. It's not your job to police traffic. We would have some much less congestion if people took driving seriously and understood how to keep traffic flowing, instead of speeding up to avoid getting passed, F'ing immature.

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote