318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,343 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,162 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-16-2005, 04:50 AM   #1
mischief

Default rear speaker 5.25 mounts

well i just made some 5.25 speaker mounts

i spent about 4hrs

what you guys think

take a look at my pics they are the last 15 photos on this link
look at pages 4,,,5 and 6 http://community.webshots.com/user/mischiefteck
mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Not bad at all. It sucks it took you 4hrs to do it,but atleast you took your time and it came out good.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:09 AM   #3
cali-ti
aka Stabby

be careful with that drill press man
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #4
mischief

that was just the prototype
$20 gets you a pair comes with screws hahah
J/k
Old 12-18-2005, 03:53 AM   #5
mischief

the speaker sound louder but i lost the bass and thats what i wanted more bass.
has this happen to any of you
Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
halek

nice job mischief.

Did you make those frount kicks yourself or buy them?

I got 6.5" components in the stock locations but the sound stage is just crap.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #7
mischief

the kicks run around $139.99 i have the link if you want it or you can buy my pair
im building a Enclosure for the rear speakers this should help me with the bass
Old 12-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #8
halek

a link would be good
thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 06:33 PM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief
the speaker sound louder but i lost the bass and thats what i wanted more bass.
has this happen to any of you
i'm guessing it's because you lost the seal with the "front" of the enclosure (ie, the plastic trim). the stock one had the angled piece that sealed it to the bottom of the trim, basically created a sealed enclosure for the rear speaker. with a space in there, you lose that.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 12-18-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by halek
a link would be good
thanks

heres the link
http://www.cardomain.com/fit/BMW/318TI/1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
i'm guessing it's because you lost the seal with the "front" of the enclosure (ie, the plastic trim). the stock one had the angled piece that sealed it to the bottom of the trim, basically created a sealed enclosure for the rear speaker. with a space in there, you lose that.
thats what i thought to
im trying to make a enclosure just like it
Old 12-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Nitro Nollie

Nice work!!!

On my rear speakers, the cone of the speaker would hit the plastic cover when I installed my 5x7 in there. I got no bass and had bad sound. I then used spacers and made sure that the speaker cone would not hit the plastic when it is fully extended. They work now. Also the stock speakers were set deep into panal, this allowed the sound to generate preasure ( act like a crossover) and deepen the tone .... more bass... If you install the speaker set deep into the panal it will have more bass. However, since the 5.25 is so large, you may not have enough clearence to do so.

Just some stuff I found on my long search for bass...

Nitro Nollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
clex2

Wouldn't these work?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...er/kelkoo.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	AUTOLEADS-SAK-1203.jpg Views:	140 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	1025  
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex2
Boo-yaa

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i've actually seen someone post those before a long time ago. anybody in the states ever ordered them?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #15
clex2

I have two pairs of them. I wanted them in case they went out of production. There still in the boxes, never tried them. Got them just in the eventual event that I wanted to do some stereo work. I would rather have the MB quart drop in 4T replacements, but that is looking less and less likely. The only one I saw was a pair Vitesse tuning sold a few years back on ebay. Shoulda, coulda, woulda......damn.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote