318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1997 manual 318TI M...
Yesterday 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
Yesterday 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 346 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,312,138 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 AM   #1
durnadupa

Unhappy Ouch, unfortunately single at last

Though I was under the impression that it wouldn't happen, it did. And for reasons that I don't think are reasonable. First let me say that I have known this girl for more than 4 years, close friends for 1, and then in a great relationship for 1. It was great, I found someone who would actually amuse me, made me happy and had fun with. I posted things before that we had problems with, got over that once I got around to letting my feelings out to her. Then everything seemed like it would be great for the summer, and I would have a blast. Then suddenly this past four days she didn't talk to me via phone, text, aim, nothing except for just a few lines. I didnt know why, figuring she was just busy. Today I finally thought that I was able to hang out with her, she told me she was coming over. I got all ready for a potential night out on the town and maybe some more, and I was excited to see her.
Then I get the phone call, "come outside, i think we need to talk." I am like what?! and sadly walk outside. She told me that "felt that our love had weakened, and that the state of the relationship we are in now isn't good enough to keep us together for college. We don't talk much anymore, and I dont want to go to college and only have to break up and be sad during the first few months. I want to see if I can stand being away from you, for this month and then if I can't I would want to get back together with you."
I in a daze, kinda sit there half confused/half wat the f*ck, shake my head and choke up... I don't get upset but I truly was.
I talked to my cousin who I am close to and she told me that why would she want to do this now? in your potential last month together, want to end it right now?
Sorry guys, but this is venting from frustration, sadness, etc... Anyone who has solutions is welcome to voice them. My solution is to get blasted on saturday night at a party, any better ones? or what could have caused this?
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:21 AM   #2
jflip2002

Get blasted on saturday, but dont do anything stupid if you'd consider being back with her. Maybe shes a girl, playing stupid girl games, and is just testing you to see if you'd move on right away or not. Girls are dumb like that, she'll come around. And if she doesnt, then oh well. You're going to college coming up... Trust me, there are a lot of girls there, and being single isnt exactly the worst thing in the world lol. Thats just my opinion.. From a stranger you dont know lol
Old 07-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #3
myblueTI

yup the only solution is to get blasted and have a great time but dont drive your ti when you know you shouldnt be. Be safe
Old 07-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #4
schussey

girls come and go. Drink some beer, smoke a joint, and chill. Dammit.

-chris
18'' Ace Wheels • Pirelli P7000 SS Tires • Bosal Brospeed Exhaust • B&M Short Throw Kit • H&R Sport Springs • Euro Clears • cat delete • Rogue Engineering Clutch Stop • Modded Airbox • blacked out kidney grilles • Suede Headliner/A Pillars

S52 CONVERSION UNDERWAY
schussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:23 AM   #5
bmwracerchick

Awww that is horrible.....my guess.....the real reason was she didnt want to be tied down in college. Its for the better then. Hope you will be ok. Like schussey said, girls do come and go, in my case guys do to or they did until I found a great guy i really love. We are hear for ya, Think of it as a new life ahead of you. Sounds like maybe a phase to that everyone in a relationship could run into, see how it works if you cant stand being apart for a month....might be a good idea but at least spend the last month together. I am sure all will turn out well whether your with her or not. :hugs:
Old 07-15-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
durnadupa

myblueTI, haha dont worry I won't be driving my Ti, because it is already in a wreck yard... I had three female loves in my life; my BMW 318Ti, my girlfriend Gloria, and my dog Hope. The first one to be knocked out was the Ti, then now Gloria... I swear if something happens to my dog I am gonna flip.
I actually got my ticket going to drive her to an airport, and crashed on my way to help with her school fundraiser. I dunno, I am still not feeling right about any of this, it is just blah. I feel like ****.
And unfortunately I am gonna be a college commuter, because the room and board wasn't covered in my scholarship... so my college life will be crappy. Bad news day after day.
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:39 AM   #7
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Dammit, I hate being the voice of reason, but I have to present a dissenting opinion on the "getting blasted" issue. IMHO, there's nothing to be accomplished by doing that. Why? Well, what's worse than being depressed? Being depressed and hung over. Getting blasted is fine if you're doing it while having a good time, but doing it just to forget your troubles doesn't really accomplish anything in the long run.

My only suggestion is that you do NOT stay home alone. Get out... spend time with friends... don't give yourself an oppportunity to do anything stupid.

I know this sounds cliche'... and I hated hearing it, but this is the truth: Hang in there guy, it does get better, life does go on, and you WILL meet someone else, probably even someone better.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:45 AM   #8
1rstbmw!

I feel for you I would have lost it after the ti wreck!!!hope things get better.
1rstbmw! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 AM   #9
m44ic

coming from the guy who started the origonal single at last, here is my 2 cents dont talk to her, it will just make you sad or pissed and stay with friends all the time and one word, rebound.
Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
L84THSKY

High school to College is a big transition. If you go away to school, you probably wouldn't see each other much anyway. This is the best time to go your seperate ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durnadupa
myblueTI, haha dont worry I won't be driving my Ti, because it is already in a wreck yard... I had three female loves in my life; my BMW 318Ti, my girlfriend Gloria, and my dog Hope. The first one to be knocked out was the Ti, then now Gloria... I swear if something happens to my dog I am gonna flip.
I actually got my ticket going to drive her to an airport, and crashed on my way to help with her school fundraiser. I dunno, I am still not feeling right about any of this, it is just blah. I feel like ****.
And unfortunately I am gonna be a college commuter, because the room and board wasn't covered in my scholarship... so my college life will be crappy. Bad news day after day.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #11
nick_hegel

Hang with friend and get blasted!! That way you won't be depressed at all. Everyone on here and pretty much in the world has gone through this or will in the future. Like stated before girls come and go. Time heals all!! It worked for me.
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...urowerksig.jpg
nick_hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
gooten1

Just broke up with my gf too. Hi five on being single.....

I know it sucks. Sorry to hear about it, but I know you'll be ok. Besides, if you're not, all of us are here to talk to.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #13
nick_hegel

Eventually you will feel fortunate to be single. I never thought that would happen, but I wouldn't want it any other way right now!!!
'96 Alaska Blue ti w/ Supersprint cat-back exhaust...Dinan CAI & Chip...Eibach Pro-Kit Springs...Bilstein Sport shocks...BavAuto camber kit...Brembo d/s rotors...UUC SSK...Centerforce Dual Friction clutch...TMS 9lb flywheel...18 inch OZ Rims...Carbon-Fiber dash/gauge bezel...Momo Shift Knob...Indiglo gauges...Schroth Harness...ZKW's/ProLumen 6k HID...Predator Chromiums
Old 07-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #14
robcarync

im sorry man...my girlfriends been kinda weird lately too...getting mad over nothing and just being in a bad mood...im kinda afraid shes gonna break up with me sometime soon...

coming from someone who doesnt party at all, id say getting blasted to try and forget about being upset isnt the thing to do...seems like it increases the potential that you might do something stupid while drunk/high...if you go get blasted with friends that make you happy though, straight homeboy, have fun!

===not trying to hijack thread, but i figured id throw my story in here from a few days ago===

i was hanging out with my girlfriend, and 4 or so other friends, my sister, and my brother. after the movie, everyone went home and i was chillin in my room, and my sister came in and was like 'oh alyssa (my gf), let me show you how to be on face book (website/database for college students)" i know my girlfriend wanted to make a face book profile so i was like whatever thats fine....well she spent a damn hour on the computer and didnt say more than 4 words the whole time.

my sister then was like 'ok, your done...have fun' and left...and my girlfriend stayed on my computer another 20 minutes or so....i was bored out of my mind to say the least, and it put me in kinda a bad mood...i mean i wanted to hang out with her, not sit for an hour and be ignored while she plays on my computer (she wasnt really hanging out with me much earlier...talked mostly to my sister and my other friends...so the whole computer thing just made it seem like shed been ignoring me the whole night)

she finally got off...and i was laying in my bed (same room as my computer), and she kisses me on the forehead, and is like 'sorry it took so long....ohhh look at the time i have to leave in 4 minutes'. dandy homeboy...

so basically i was just in a bad mood, not really mad at her...but in a bad mood cause i didnt really have much fun...and so she left, and im online...and she gets online when she gets home (to play with her face book profile some more, naturally)...and she asks whats been bothering me, i told her (for the 2nd or 3rd time that night), and then all of a sudden she blows up on me...like i mean screaming at me VIA aim....if this was in person, i would have probably blown up at her for the first time, but online i can control myself better...

arguing is one thing, but she was just being totally mean...saying i was getting all upset for a non justified reason, and she made comments like "OMG, god forbid i do ANYTHING other than entertain YOU every SECOND that i see you"... and "im so sorry robbie, ill NEVER do ANYTHING at all other than whatever you want me to do"

i tried to talk some sense into her, and explain i wasnt mad AT her, i was just in a bad mood cause i was bored and i didnt want her to think she didnt anything wrong (she had told me before she wanted to make a face book profile, so i didnt really mind cause i knew she wanted too, but still i was bored)

finally, after shes yelling at me and everything...its the next morning after some sleep, and she metnions shes still bitter about the night before...and she says shes bitter because i got upset for stupid reasons and i was being immature and whatnot...so i said 'alyssa...have you EVER gotten mad at me for a stupid reason that was just uncommonly silly...dont even try and say no because you know you have..." she admits that she has...i then say "and out of those countless times yuo have gotten mad at me for un justified reaons, how many times have i reacted by blowing up at you and getting angry"...response "you've never blown up at me..."

point taken...

next time this happens, im giving her a straight talk about introspection or something...
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #15
nick_hegel

Sorry to heat crap like that Rob, but man am I glad I don't deal with that anymore!!!!