318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
solar panels for mobile...
Yesterday 01:16 AM
Last post by solar_czpt
Yesterday 01:16 AM
0 Replies, 224 Views
1997 manual 318TI M...
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 519 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,312,500 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Default Damn Rat in the Garage

Well this rat moved in about a week ago and has been eating the dog food. He has been getting more comfortable and showing up while I'm out there smoking so today I decided I would evict his A$$.

Hit the gun safe and grabbed the 8 year olds Crossman BB gun. Load a rodent pellet in her and it's 10 pumps and tip toe the garage. Sneak out and close the door...Sit there and wait about 30 seconds and here he comes down the dryer power line. I sit calmly and zero in on his head, he stops and looks at me, I start to slowly squeeze the trigger and he runs up the line***Damn***...Sit about a minute no rat so I open and close the door and sit quietly. In 30 second he comes back down the line. This time I say fcuk it and lead him and peal off a cap at him. I hear a squeel noise and he runs back up the power line. I hear this dripping noise like blood, no it's more then blood maybe urine or body fluid, it's a lot of dripping...

I go over and look..."Son of a Bitch" I just shot a hole in my A/C condensate line and water is leaking all over the dryer, timer and electronic are getting all wet and the rat is on the beam laughing at me.

A/C is now fixed (45 minutes). Sun just went down, I'm in camouflage and I just got done mounting a infared scope on the BB gun and I'm headed out back to zero it in.

That Fcuker is dead tonight and yes he was laughing at me...
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
mgbman69

Well, damn! Good luck!
mgbman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
tiFreak

Vehicles

damn, good luck getting him, my dad had a rat or mouse make a nest out of the sound-deadening foam on the firewall of his old Miata, made a big, ugly hole in it, hopefully you get it before it does something similar to your car
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
performanceisland

if you had one of these john you wouldnt miss! look at the pic.

not with the scope, laser sight, flashlight, etc. its the coolest pellet gun ive ever owned! perfect walther replica.

by the way, thanks for letting me call you when i was working on my stage 3, I figuered out its the piece of crap MAF sensor i bought on ebay that caused my idle problem, it was new, but at $80, I should have known that it is a cheap japanese knockoff. now i just have to get a nice bosch one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0001.jpg Views:	172 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	8512  
performanceisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 AM   #5
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
damn, good luck getting him, my dad had a rat or mouse make a nest out of the sound-deadening foam on the firewall of his old Miata, made a big, ugly hole in it, hopefully you get it before it does something similar to your car
Car is outside but I would be pissed for life. Maybe become a volunteer exterminator and only kill rat for a living if anything happens to my car
Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by performanceisland View Post
if you had one of these john you wouldnt miss! look at the pic.

not with the scope, laser sight, flashlight, etc. its the coolest pellet gun ive ever owned! perfect walther replica.

by the way, thanks for letting me call you when i was working on my stage 3, I figuered out its the piece of crap MAF sensor i bought on ebay that caused my idle problem, it was new, but at $80, I should have known that it is a cheap japanese knockoff. now i just have to get a nice bosch one.
That's a nice little piece...Definately shoot an eye out with that one. Trust me I could miss with that too

Call anytime for help. I don't mind

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 08-26-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Scope is all set. Kids are in bed. I've already placed a garbage can right under the dryer line for easy clean-up. It's hunting time.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Geez, that's some funny funny stuff. Happy huntin'!!

I'll have to track down my thread/post about the stuff I found in my airbox not long after I first got my car. :-D

EDIT - Found it.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."

Last edited by roadrash; 08-26-2009 at 03:02 AM.
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Been at it for over an hour and that sum bitch is playin a real good game of "hide and seek". Haven't seen or heard him at all. I'm going to put out some peanut butter and watch a little TV then resume the eviction process...
Old 08-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #10
wolferj-RIP

Sounds like me trying to get possums out of the basement of my last house... nasty creatures.

We all know that when John sets his mind to something, it gets done... that rat doesn't stand a chance!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #11
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Why not put the peanut butter on some wiring that is connected to an electrical source? Maybe make a big bug-zapper?

You'll get bonus points if you somehow use some principle of turbo-charging to catch this rodent. I have no idea what that would be, but that's why you'd get extra points. LOL

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #12
96cali

LOL John, imagine the damage had you chosen the shot gun. Plus, this is more sporting. Subscribed.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #13
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
Why not put the peanut butter on some wiring that is connected to an electrical source? Maybe make a big bug-zapper?

You'll get bonus points if you somehow use some principle of turbo-charging to catch this rodent. I have no idea what that would be, but that's why you'd get extra points. LOL
Man dude I like your thinking, I do have 220volt right there. I think a tin foil runner on each side of the conduit then connect to the dryer socket
Old 08-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Well here is the score.

Rat ~ 1
JohnBoy ~ 0

Sucker waited me out and I stayed up until approximately 2am with no sign of him. This morning I found no peanut butter, a new hole in the dog food bag and a nice pellet of poop right in front of the dog bag.

Neighbor does have like 10 stray cats he feeds so maybe I will go over there tonight (in camouflage) snatch a cat and toss it up in the attic tonight...err I mean offer it a nice comfortable plush condo setting with fresh game hunting atmosphere
Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post

Ok so now the wife is involved. She wants to use the turbo charger idea.

Check this out:

She wants me to trap the rat and when I get the car running (Friday) we put it in a box and connect that to the tail pipe and put him to sleep

Hate it...I'm sticking with the original program