318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1997 manual 318TI M...
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
Last post by angwydwagon
05-13-2024 09:38 AM
0 Replies, 1,446 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
M3_KILL3R

Angry F COPS!

the other night i was driving home around 10pm and i noticed that all the street lights were off but i didnt pay any attention to it. I was cruising at 40 not a care in the world. Loving that school is starting and i can finally see some people i havnt in a while. So im driving and i see this road flare and a cop right behind it so i was like oh okay i should slow down its probably an accident. I slowed down to 25 and i creeped past them after i was gone i see lights and a cop GUNNING it towards me. I'm like ok WTF did i do!! i pull into my friends house thinking its not for me because i didnt do anything. He tells me to stop the vehicle. I'm bewildered as to why this man stoped me.

I ask him is there a problem officer? hes like did you see the road flare i said ya and i yielded and went past it. Hes like you know you have to stop at an intersection right. I was like what intersection you were blocking it off! hes like i know its dark you probably didnt see us there. *NO SH1T YOUR LIGHTS WERE OFF AND THERES 1 ROAD FLARE IN THE STREET WITH NO WORKING LIGHTS!* dude gives me a ticket for failing to stop! i was so mad i was like are you serious how are people going to know to stop there!! later that night my friend that lives on that street tells me he saw those 2 cops give out 30ish tickets that night alone and told me when the city workers came with stop signs the cops were harassing him so he wouldnt put them in. OKAY WTF can you say corrupt!!! on top of that i JUST cleared my last ticket and i have to do it again!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
Bloodrunsdry

you have some bad luck man. boo
Old 09-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrunsdry View Post
you have some bad luck man. boo
you have no idea! i have the worst luck when it comes to cops! i rarely get pulled over but when i do i have those corrupt cops that just care about giving out the tickets never those nice ones that think about giving you a warning....
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
toti4

Fight your tickets and do it like a lawyer. I fight every ticket I get and have for the past 30 years. I can't aford not to make them prove it. You will never win unless you use the lawyer methods to the letter. The right objections and motions or demures and at the right time; the correct citations of case law and so forth and so on. The best defence is often a technical defence. Bear in mind that there are secret incantations that must exist in all branches of law in order for lawyers to make money. In court be as a lamb with the agility of a snake, the heart of a lion and the eye of an eagle. Google "speed ticket" and consider picking up the NOLO press Book "Fight your Ticket" (sometimes you can find it in your local library). I once had a traffic court judge wave my right to a speedy trial against my express wishes. Be sure to read very carefully everything you sign at arraignment and never wave your right to a speedy trial or the court can screw with you forever while developing its case.
toti4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #5
lazoh

I second that!!! Fight it and use as your defense the fact that these guys wrote 30 other tickets or so. If you know someone else personally that got a ticket that night, recruit them and you all should have the same story and make mention of the other cited when in front of the judge!!! I feel the same way about F!!!!!! Cops!!!

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
Marv17

Bro. That sucks man! I call that some f-ing bull****. u have to fight that. Man something like that happened to me too.... but luckily i didnt get the ticket. dude... that blows.
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #7
toti4

That 30 others were sighted only supports the prosecutions case. It's also more money for the commissioner's court. The lights being out may be a defense, since these visually impairing conditions are the responsibility of the city. If the police delayed city workers in the process of rectifying this condition than the city is complicit. Still, you have to prove it and use the proper legal format to have a chance at prevailing. If you have witnesses, produce them, but you will still have to conduct your case correctly. Otherwise it's just an excuse or explanation and you won't stand a chance of prevailing. Some judges will entertain explanations but only as considerations to sentencing and usually they have no impact, but it really depends on the explanation and the judge (or commissioner).

Remember, the best reasoning in the world won't win your case. Defendant in pro per: "Your honor I had to drive fast because my wife was bleeding to death and I had to get her to the hospital. Here is the doctor report saying I had to rush her in." Commissioner: " So you were speeding then-GUILTY!" You have to use the law. Prosicution witness [aka;cop]: "Your honor I have produced a traffic and safety survey carried out at 1200 Oak road" Defendant in pro per: "Objection! "Your honor the traffic safety survey carried out at 1200 Oak road is a different stretch of road with different conditions than on the 1800 stretch of Oak road where I was cited. [explain differing conditions] The prosecution witness's testimony is therefore lacking in foundation, since the report is not germane to the circumstances. I move the court to dismiss this case for lack of foundation." Commissioner: "NOT GUILTY."

This is only an example. Spend time in a law library or talk to a lawyer. Get the NOLO Book. Don't be one of those 99% of suckers who loose in traffic court because they don't know how to play the game.

Also. I'm not a lawyer and never worked for any lawyers. I'm just a guy who can read and yes there is corruption everywhere.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
M3_KILL3R

i want to fight it but really i dont have the time and i dont have any real hard evidence its my word against his...i should have went back and took pics of the scene but i didnt i did however have a friend driving next to me and he also didnt see the light and didnt stop he made a right turn i went straight so he went after me =/
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
toti4

Testimonial evidence (verbal testimony evidence under oath) is hard evidence, especially if you have a witness. That could make for more evidence than what they have on the prosecution side, especially if it's one cop. You still have to present your case correctly, of course and be aware of the basic traffic court trial structure. This is:

1.Prosicution witness (cop) testifies.
2 Defense cross examination (you get to grill the cop - this is the fun part! You can question a cop all day and chew the courts time, so long as the questioning is relevant). It's your constitutional right to confront your accuser. This is why I fight my tickets, because its where I get to make the cop sweat. See Nolo Press Book "Fight Your Ticket"
3.You testify (never lie) or better yet don't testify and bring a motion for dismissal.
4.Final closing arguments (summation).
5.Ruling - "Guilty" or "Not Guilty"
6.Last chance for quick motions, such as; commutation of sentence (ands/or fine) for reason of extraordinary hardship or whatever motions to affect sentencing. Any such motions must be brought after the judge rules and before the gavel strikes (you have maybe 1 second to interupt the judge before the gaval strike), otherwise you are too late because the trial is over when the gavel falls.
7.Gavel - ends trial and begins sentencing hearing.

But yeah... who has the time...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #10
M3_KILL3R

dude i swear i dont want to go through all that trouble loll i just want to get another sentence of traffic school...additional 12 hrs. Given under code 410501A i was legally allowed this second 12 hrs class but it all up to the judge