318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 989,520 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
robcarync

Unhappy another nose panel thread woooo

so i tapped someone in traffic today....a 2001 5 series that looked really nice, but anyway my nose panel is crunched in a little bit and i am looking at new ones on ebay and what not and i am trying to figure out what is the deal with head light washer holes....what are they and do i need them or dont need them if i am going to replace my nose panel?

also my hood wont pop open because the nose panel is kind of crunched in on the latch area. is there a way around this or will i have to take the car somewhere? luckily there was no damage to the hood or bumper really...and the grills are intact....just the nose panel is dented up.

any advice would be awesome guys. im and very sad my baby is injured :-(
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
robcarync

ok after i did one more search i see what they are...for a nozzle that washes the headlights....i was thinking a washer like a circular disk and didnt know if i needed it. looks like i dont.

still some advice on the hood opening would be sweet!
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
robcarync

ok resurecting an old post....i got the hood to pop...so all that is wrong is a dent in the nose panel and the grills are a bit busted...which i will replace...now for fitment...

i see there are nose panels for 97+ and 92-96...

now i think i have it figured out but i want to double check the fitment

the only difference is the size of the grill, correct?....so if i got a 97+ nosepanel, it will still fit on the car, i just need to make sure i get 97+ black out grills...and vice versa

which ones do you all like better....i cant tell a difference honestly so im not sure which to get....i will probably just get the first nose panel i see (there is a 97+ genuine bmw nose panel on ebay right now i may get) and i just want to make sure i get the right grills that go with it!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #4
Mad-Machine

You are correct that you can put a 97+ nose panal on an 96 and earlier car... you just need the correct grills as you stated.

Personally, I prefer the nose panal on the earlier cars.
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
robcarync

ok that is what i thought, after searching for some pics, i think i like the 95 grills better anyway....i will keep searching for the right one
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

I put the 97+ nose panel and grill on my car

bavauto.com sells it complete with the grills about 150
Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #7
robcarync

sweet thanks guys...i just ordered a 95 nose panel (replica off ebay) and some blacked out grills for the 95 nose panel.

i was going to go with OEM nosepanel from ebay but all they had was 97+...and i figure a replica will work well enough for my intentions of not rear ending anyone agian.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #8
pnosker

Can you retrofit headlight washers to the ti?
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #9
robcarync

it can be done, though i did not get the washer cut out holes. if you do a search, i believe clex did it on his ti