318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,529 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,430 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
yoda

Vehicles
Default Which Perf Exhaust is better?

Hey guys,

Since there is no thread dedicated to which performance Exhaust is better, here it is....
Which one do you guys prefer STROMUNG, SUPERSPRINT, ANSA or REMUS?

I remember having the Supersprint back in 99' on my ti, and it was a full cat back with a resonator chamber, similar to what the Remus looks like but with dual pipes, I loved it.... it had a deep low tone at idle, and it was not at all overwhelming when you revved it... didn't sound like a "ricer" at all, it had the right amount of noise to it!...
The Supersprint one I see offered now doesn't have the chamber and you have to buy a connecting pipe as well. The one I had back in the day was a direct bolt-on.

So,
I'm interested to hear what you guys think of your systems...

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
tiFreak

Vehicles

DDM Tuning is supposed to be introducing a new 318ti catback made by Apexcone, I'll be buying that when it becomes available
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
DDM Tuning is supposed to be introducing a new 318ti catback made by Apexcone, I'll be buying that when it becomes available
I've had very recent problems with DDM Tuning and their "customer" service, I'm not sure I would buy from them again. They take your money immediately, take 2 weeks to process your order, then it takes 5 days to ship from Southern California to Central California, then when it finally gets here, the shipping box is in perfect condition but one HID inside is broken! they try to blame UPS and make a claim... after you bitch at them they tell you they'll ship it out (thursday)...on monday you call and they say oh the shipping department hasn't gotten to it yet!... I'll see if they get it out today....
So a month after ordering HID's from them, and still waiting...
Not really recommend them at all at this point, never dealt with a company that simply didn't care about the customer and with a mentality of we'll get to you when we get to you!...

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
BMW_Hatchback

I currently have a remus, but I hope to pick up a stromung in the near future. Its just awesome.
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
yoda

Vehicles

DeadHead:
You rear "valance"/"diffuser" is wider than the regular ti's. The regular opening does not look that BIG around the stock pipe. The Euro 323 ti had Dual pipes so the opening was wider than ours to accommodate the pipes. The Supersprint Exhaust will fit on it perfectly (dual pipes) unless you want to go with a Remus, Ansa, or Stromung which are all Single Pipes. If the budget in mind for your Exhaust is less than $700 then forget about the Supersprint, and I would be interested in trading Valances with you....
Let me know!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
DaedHead8

I like a very quiet exhaust, even at high rpms and the only one I've heard for our cars that I liked enough to consider is the $700 Dinan "free flow" exhaust. And sorry, not interested in trading valences. Could I see a picture of yours so I can how mine is different?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
Jean H.318TI

i have the stromung and love it and i actually felt some power after installing this cat-back
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #8
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedHead8 View Post
I like a very quiet exhaust, even at high rpms and the only one I've heard for our cars that I liked enough to consider is the $700 Dinan "free flow" exhaust. And sorry, not interested in trading valences. Could I see a picture of yours so I can how mine is different?
Yours is simply wider by a couple of inches, it looks the same...
The 2nd picture is from my old ti and it had the 323 ti valance on it, I later installed the Supersrint Exhaust on it...sadly have no pictures of it though...you can see on the tag that that was back in 1999...

Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
yoda

Vehicles
Default BUMP!

BUMP!!!....

Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
BMW_Hatchback

ha nice mti badge
Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback View Post
ha nice mti badge
Hey it was my 1st BMW, and it was back in 1999!... I know the M Badge and that exhaust in the picture were freaking awful!... but oh well...
Today I would only RE-Badge my car after an Engine swap, and then it would have to be according to the Engine...323, 325, 328 or M.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
yoda

Vehicles

BUMP!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
yoda

Vehicles
Default BUMP!

Come on guys, I know some of you out there has to have a REMUS or ANSA!
I have yet to hear anything about them.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
spidertri

Vehicles

Cedric (BMW_Hatchback) has a Remus, he thinks it's too quiet but I like it. I was driving behind him and when he took off you could definitely hear it.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
BMW_Hatchback

Dave is right. The remus I have has a nice howel to it, even when just cruising, and its tasteful at idle. I've only heard the remus from in the driver's seat, but I'm sure Dave is right on with what he said, also my dad like it alot because its not obnoxious