318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,547 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Maverix

Vehicles
Default My Car Is Ruined!!

I recieved word at work that a hail storm was about to hit in 5min. I asked my supervisor if I could move my car to the bank on the otherside of the parking lot, which would only take me 10 seconds to drive it there, then 30 seconds to run back. He wouldn't let me. Then 40min ago from this post, a barrage of golf ball size and bigger hail stormed outside. This is the outcome.

My back window looks like someone was shooting at me with a gun.
My front window is cracked.
Driverside tail light is cracked
Passengerside mirror housing
Interior water damage
Speaker system no longer works.

Dents Allover:
Drivers door
Both rear fenders
Trunk lid
Hood
Front fenders
Top of the car, including the sun roof.
CF hood roundel

Only thing that didn't get damaged is my headlights, and my CF spoiler (shows how strong CF really is).

I don't know how I'm going to afford to get this fixed. I can't even afford to get the windows fixed first. I only have liability.
I'm pissed at my supervisor right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Image003.jpg Views:	490 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	7771   Click image for larger version Name:	Image004.jpg Views:	457 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	7772   Click image for larger version Name:	Image005.jpg Views:	447 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	7773  

They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
wolferj-RIP

Crappy luck Mav... that looks like it hurt! Poor car...

I know you are pissed, but don't get so pissed at your boss that you get fired... then you will be really screwed...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Ji Money

Why didn't your boss allow you a few minutes to move the car?! That's messed up.

McLaren F1 - BMW M Power S70/2
Ji Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
I know you are pissed, but don't get so pissed at your boss that you get fired... then you will be really screwed...
true

that really sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear that, I'd be devastated if something similar happened to my ti
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #5
Maverix

Vehicles

My boss doesn't care about cars. He drives a sub legacy, and the car looks like ****. He has never done a oil change on it, and he has had it for 3 years now. Like I said, he doesn't care.

My hands and arms are covered in glass, scrapes, and blood. I was to worried about driving my car home before the second wave of hail, that I didn't care about it.

New update:

My CF roundel is dented
My mirror housing is cracked
I have interior water damage
My speakers system is no longer working.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
~Jess
Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #6
marleymon

First off, your boss is a cake boy! Not sure what you do, but you shoulda just ran anyways...
Second.... I know you had full coverage on that right?

If so, I bet the insurance will want to total it. I had my 65 buick in Ann arbor for 2 days when a storm like that came through.
They gave me the value minus what I bought it back for ($400).

You (I believe) can make them fix it even if they want to total it, but you may end up with a salvage title.
Now.... full coverage? Fix it? or take the money and run....then part it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
hotmilk400

personlly, i would have left anyway.. .. there was no reason they shouldnt have let you go, its not like there would have been a big rush of people demanding your service right before that time.. i would have told him i was taking a 15 min break, and leave.. . if it were me, i would make a huge deal about it everytime you see him now... i would bring it up and how he is the reason it cost you whatever amount of money to get it fixed... i would be such a pain in his ass.. they really cant fire you for bringing it up.

also, i would contact people higher then him, and tell them how he did not let you leave. i dont know what that would do, but you might get a "we are sorry" letter, and he might get a "your a jackass" letter.. haha

seriously, if i lived close to you, there would be a hammer in his window shield, free of charge.. haha..

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #8
marleymon

sorry mav...read the post again...no coverage...that sucks...
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #9
lysergicsurfer

This is only my opinion

I would go down there and cut his d**k off with a rusty knife, then put it in his mouth and make him choke to death on it.

That man shouldnt be living.

My car is my baby, it would be like someone stabing your child 100 times
lysergicsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
Mr.Squeelerz

I'm guessing his legacy is just fine?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #11
hotmilk400

lysergicsurfer scares me.. haha.. remind me to never cut you off in traffic.. hahahahha..

ehhh, the best plan of action if to goto the junk yards and try to find something cheap as replacements if you want.. but... i would total it... u might still get a nice amount at the junk yard, or in a private sale. buy a cheap used compact, pull a loan from a family member, or if you can afford low monthly payments, get one from someone. sometimes you can do monthly payments with a private sale if they trust you.. or really wanna sell the car.. haha.

seriously, if i still had my donor car, i would get you the parts somehow, and just let you pay me back how ever you could, in whatever amount of time. (since it was a junker, and wasnt worth anything with or without the windows)

also, the sound system probally doesnt work because yot car might have had a rear amp, and it just got wrecked

dont worrie so much about the interior water damage, get it dry, keep it dry. mine had broken side windows, and a broken sun roof.. and it didnt do to much damage, but it can wreck side panels if they stay damp.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #12
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymon View Post
First off, your boss is a cake boy! Not sure what you do, but you shoulda just ran anyways...
Second.... I know you had full coverage on that right?
I can't afford full coverage. I'm only a teen, and it's expensive as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmilk400 View Post
i would have told him i was taking a 15 min break, and leave.. . if it were me, i would make a huge deal about it everytime you see him now... i would bring it up and how he is the reason it cost you whatever amount of money to get it fixed... i would be such a pain in his ass.. they really cant fire you for bringing it up.

also, i would contact people higher then him, and tell them how he did not let you leave. i dont know what that would do, but you might get a "we are sorry" letter, and he might get a "your a jackass" letter.. haha

seriously, if i lived close to you, there would be a hammer in his window shield, free of charge.. haha..
My supervisor gets to decide when I have break. I'm going to put him on a guilt trip every time I see him. He just lost a really good friend.
Quote:
This is only my opinion

I would go down there and cut his d**k off with a rusty knife, then put it in his mouth and make him choke to death on it.

That man shouldnt be living.

My car is my baby, it would be like someone stabing your child 100 times
Are you serious? I will send you it through pm if you're serious.

He told me,"It's not like your life is over, life moves on! Your car is not your life!" I told him that MY car is MY life! My entire paycheck either goes to my stomach or my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeelerz View Post
I'm guessing his legacy is just fine?
No, it's f'ed up alright. I just didn't get a chance to look at it. I was to worried about getting home. I hope all his windows are busted.
~Jess
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmilk400 View Post
lysergicsurfer scares me.. haha.. remind me to never cut you off in traffic.. hahahahha..

ehhh, the best plan of action if to goto the junk yards and try to find something cheap as replacements if you want.. but... i would total it... u might still get a nice amount at the junk yard, or in a private sale. buy a cheap used compact, pull a loan from a family member, or if you can afford low monthly payments, get one from someone. sometimes you can do monthly payments with a private sale if they trust you.. or really wanna sell the car.. haha.

seriously, if i still had my donor car, i would get you the parts somehow, and just let you pay me back how ever you could, in whatever amount of time. (since it was a junker, and wasnt worth anything with or without the windows)

also, the sound system probally doesnt work because yot car might have had a rear amp, and it just got wrecked

dont worrie so much about the interior water damage, get it dry, keep it dry. mine had broken side windows, and a broken sun roof.. and it didnt do to much damage, but it can wreck side panels if they stay damp.
There is no way I'm going to total the car. I've put WAY to much work into it. It cringes me to think of the hard work I spent on the suspension, headlights, and the interior going to waste. Not only that, but everything else!
~Jess
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
1996 328ti

Vehicles

That really sucks big time. Whatta d!ck for a boss.
Karma will get him back.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #15
acevedo12

man if finding another job wasn't so hard you should be kicking ass and taking names!

i don't know what your boss is thinking but he obviously needs to get laid