318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 100,872 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 63,823 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,041 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 05-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #31
Philly

normally im not a fan of "odd" colored wheels but your car pulls it off nicely!
GJ!

as for the discussion on the rear bumper, leave it be or wait til a cheap mtech one pops up... not a fan of the mockpaint diffuser myself.
Would be interesting to see how a 2dr/4dr diffuser would fit with our bumper though!

328Ti

Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #32
eurohb

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
normally im not a fan of "odd" colored wheels but your car pulls it off nicely!
GJ!

as for the discussion on the rear bumper, leave it be or wait til a cheap mtech one pops up... not a fan of the mockpaint diffuser myself.
Would be interesting to see how a 2dr/4dr diffuser would fit with our bumper though!
hey thanks and yea just trying to be a little different and the fitment shouldn't be that hard if i got time i can make it up but being in school sucks hah college blows
Old 05-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #33
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

If you think college blows, just wait until you get dumped out into the real world. heh heh

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #34
eurohb

Vehicles

ahah i know but college is boring going to switch majors for the 3rd time
Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
mmosquera89

The rims don't look that bad. You should paint the car the same color as the rims.
College students can't make up their minds nowadays. I switched majors for the 2nd time too, so I should know like most students do. What major are you switching to for the 3rd time? I switched from graphic design to computer networking.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #36
eurohb

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosquera89 View Post
The rims don't look that bad. You should paint the car the same color as the rims.
College students can't make up their minds nowadays. I switched majors for the 2nd time too, so I should know like most students do. What major are you switching to for the 3rd time? I switched from graphic design to computer networking.

ahah i got my cisco certification in NETWORKING! hah then i went to business didn't like it, now i am going into the medical field
Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #37
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroJDMHB View Post
ahah i got my cisco certification in NETWORKING! hah then i went to business didn't like it, now i am going into the medical field
Next thing you know I will be seeing your ass telling me the following "Welcome to McDonalds can I take your order sir"

Car is looking nice and aren't you glad I convinced you not to get rid of it???

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #38
mmosquera89

@lazoh: Haha nice. I remember having that job at high school. It sucks. Glad I left that **** hole.

@EuroJDMHB: Was the test hard? Because I just got done taking my A+ Hardware and this summer I am also taking A+ Software among other classes. I am actually going back to fix my major to CET Cisco and my minor to CET Microsoft.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #39
eurohb

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Next thing you know I will be seeing your ass telling me the following "Welcome to McDonalds can I take your order sir"

Car is looking nice and aren't you glad I convinced you not to get rid of it???

yes tio and i will be taking your little kids meal.. which reminds me do you want a lil girl or lil boy toy puto haha thanks yeah and forsure i will see you when you come back home! be safe when traveling.

Quote:
@lazoh: Haha nice. I remember having that job at high school. It sucks. Glad I left that **** hole.

@EuroJDMHB: Was the test hard? Because I just got done taking my A+ Hardware and this summer I am also taking A+ Software among other classes. I am actually going back to fix my major to CET Cisco and my minor to CET Microsoft.
yeah don't mind Lazoh he is a short midget haha and yah the test was hard STUDY YOUR ASS OFF PLEASE!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #40
mmosquera89

Lol nice. I plan to keep my books so that I can use that to study. Too bad you're not into that anymore but it's nice to be in the medical field. Lord knows how many more we need them everyday. Where in the medical field do you wanna get into?
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #41
eurohb

Vehicles

Quote:
Lol nice. I plan to keep my books so that I can use that to study. Too bad you're not into that anymore but it's nice to be in the medical field. Lord knows how many more we need them everyday. Where in the medical field do you wanna get into?
i still have a lot of my networking books haha and yeah i wanna get into the xray and radiology field.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #42
mmosquera89

That's cool. I just had a coworker graduate from Keiser University who is in the same field. I bet there is a lot more studying than CET.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #43
lysergicsurfer

I am not really of fan of this, but this looks like it could be made very easily. If I was more of a track rat, I would do this and put in a full cage. But thats not realistic on a daily driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...ht_1998wt_1167

This diffuser is 50$, plus 20$ for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...item5192693db7

I think this would be a simple instal. Cut out the outline of this, make some sort of mounting bracket behind the cover. Then with fiberglass, or bondo, you can fill in the space around it, or round of the edges making it look clean. You can have your bumper professionally painted, as well as having this painted in the black of your choice, and still be way under the 500$+ price of a ti sport bumper.

And Philly, these cars have been in around for 15 years now, I think they would have made a cheap version by now. I doubt we will see anything in the near future. If some cheap chinese knockoff company tried to make a cheap replica version it would be of poor quality. There is even a lesser chance that a high quality company would make something nice and still for a decent price.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
eurohb

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysergicsurfer View Post
I am not really of fan of this, but this looks like it could be made very easily. If I was more of a track rat, I would do this and put in a full cage. But thats not realistic on a daily driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...ht_1998wt_1167

This diffuser is 50$, plus 20$ for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...item5192693db7

I think this would be a simple instal. Cut out the outline of this, make some sort of mounting bracket behind the cover. Then with fiberglass, or bondo, you can fill in the space around it, or round of the edges making it look clean. You can have your bumper professionally painted, as well as having this painted in the black of your choice, and still be way under the 500$+ price of a ti sport bumper.

And Philly, these cars have been in around for 15 years now, I think they would have made a cheap version by now. I doubt we will see anything in the near future. If some cheap chinese knockoff company tried to make a cheap replica version it would be of poor quality. There is even a lesser chance that a high quality company would make something nice and still for a decent price.
hmm think i might look into this and add this to my Ti. I am planning on getting my 6 point in hopefully by December (what i am shooting for) and maybe a 5speed swap b4 that
Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #45
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

hey bryan, once you get your wings fitted, LMK how much space there is between the wiper and the wing.

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
Closed Thread