318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,310,383 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 405,555 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #76
Midnight Autoworks

Same coating? Black paint?

It is not a fair statement to say we are selling at D/A pricing, Our stage 1 matches Downing Atlanta performance.
Here is the pricing
System pricing include fully rebuilt and blade recoated superchargers.
For a brand new supercharger add $450 to your total.

Stage 1 $2,189

Stage 2 $2975

Stage 3 $3,499

For the same money as D/A we are selling you not only a base
bolt on supercharger kit, but
injectors,
air mass meter,
A dual nozzle water injection kit.
Software,
And our software , which is an ICM box (programmed injector control module) or “piggy back” , does not turn on the check engine light, the car in the picture doesn’t have any catalytic converters( you can probably hear that too). We are working with Carl from Active to finish a software flash for the stock Ecu and remove our injector control box. But even with our ICM, its still light years better then the fuel pressure regulator on stock injectors. In a DASC, you can throw a check engine light when you red line because the stock air mass meter goes over 5v.
Midnight Autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #77
Midnight Autoworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
Then keep in mind the hp ratings that have been quoted are from a modified car.

Gutting out the cats adds a couple HP extra at the most. The only other modification done to my car is the high performance clutch
Old 01-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #78
andyman7931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Autoworks
Same coating? Black paint?

It is not a fair statement to say we are selling at D/A pricing, Our stage 1 matches Downing Atlanta performance.
Here is the pricing
System pricing include fully rebuilt and blade recoated superchargers.
For a brand new supercharger add $450 to your total.

Stage 1 $2,189
I'm interested in a stage 1 kit. 2189 + 450 = 2639. The DASC in group buy is 2850 (referenced here http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5757) That means your stage 1 kit is 7% cheaper than the DASC kit. I know their kit works well, the manifold looks great, and I can ask lots of people how theirs works. The cost savings at this point just aren't worth the risks of having a KO repeat.

I think at this point to keep my interest in this product, I'd need another person to have this installed, or see a significant price reduction. I checked on the z3power info and if I could get something sub $1k that bolts on, I'd possibly be interested. I've custom designed a junkyard twin turbo on an e30 m20 engine, I don't think this would be any harder even if I had to extensively tweak the setup, I just don't have the location to fabricate parts any more.
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #79
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Gutting out the cats adds a couple HP extra at the most. The only other modification done to my car is the high performance clutch
I had to laugh at this one.....

Gutting the car does not add HP,it will make it lighter so it's a little quicker but it does not give you hp.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #80
Midnight Autoworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman7931
I'm interested in a stage 1 kit. 2189 + 450 = 2639. The DASC in group buy is 2850 (referenced here http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5757) That means your stage 1 kit is 7% cheaper than the DASC kit.
Thats their group buy price, when I have 10 in stock I can run a group buy too.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #81
Midnight Autoworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I had to laugh at this one.....

Gutting the car does not add HP,it will make it lighter so it's a little quicker but it does not give you hp.
Read closer, he said gutting the cats, as in catalytic converter.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #82
andyman7931

Quote:
Thats their group buy price, when I have 10 in stock I can run a group buy too.

so when do you think you'll have 10 in stock and what do you think the price will be?
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #83
Midnight Autoworks

GB, lol..Its going to cost me about $18,000 to get 10 stage one kits in stock and does everyone want a new or rebuilt blower? And is there 10 people here that are interested? I mean theres not much room for me to back off in price and still pay the bills on a stage 1.
Stage 3 I could more then likely be able to run a sweet group buy.
Give me a show of hands of who would be down for a stage 3 kit for a gb price and Ill make you a group buy price.
Please state if your interested , what stage your interested in and weather or not you would be purchasing a new supercharger or rebuilt supercharger.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #84
weezer

After the all the back and forth responses from us and "them"....one thing is very clear: they are selling superchargers with rebuilt compressors. It's probably more cost effective, but we all don't know the reliability issues on rebuilt blowers. This exercise, including the bad experience that L8 had with KO, shows us there is no short-cut and cheap way to get our cars more HP. DASC may be pricey, but proven record, warranties (because they have a reputation to uphold) and NEW, not rebuilt, compressors with their superchargers. So perhaps we should let the power of the people decide; let Midnight Autoworks prove to the public (car owners who do not subscribe to this forum) and hopefully their product lives up to their advertising. Ah, the free market economy......don't you just love it......

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #85
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer
After the all the back and forth responses from us and "them"....one thing is very clear: they are selling superchargers with rebuilt compressors. It's probably more cost effective, but we all don't know the reliability issues on rebuilt blowers. This exercise, including the bad experience that L8 had with KO, shows us there is no short-cut and cheap way to get our cars more HP. DASC may be pricey, but proven record, warranties (because they have a reputation to uphold) and NEW, not rebuilt, compressors with their superchargers. So perhaps we should let the power of the people decide; let Midnight Autoworks prove to the public (car owners who do not subscribe to this forum) and hopefully their product lives up to their advertising. Ah, the free market economy......don't you just love it......
+1

If someone wants to take this chance, please let everyone know how it goes!

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #86
TiPerformance

Quote:
GB, lol..Its going to cost me about $18,000 to get 10 stage one kits in stock and does everyone want a new or rebuilt blower? And is there 10 people here that are interested? I mean theres not much room for me to back off in price and still pay the bills on a stage 1.
Stage 3 I could more then likely be able to run a sweet group buy.
Give me a show of hands of who would be down for a stage 3 kit for a gb price and Ill make you a group buy price.
Please state if your interested , what stage your interested in and weather or not you would be purchasing a new supercharger or rebuilt supercharger.
No one is going to be interested until you show a complete kit, that not only works, but looks good. Any monkey can go out and rig something up, but how well does it work and look?

Where is all the cost coming from on your kits?

We all know that if you look on ebay you can pick up the nissian frontier superchargers for $100-$150 and can be rebuilt for $100-$150 That is a max of $300 per supercharger....?

Any Dyno sheets to post?
TiPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #87
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

I don't like this.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #88
SDKmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
I don't like this.
I second that. Its going to be a while before I put a charger in my car but when I do it wont be from this guy. My advice to L8 or anyone who is considering his offer to test instal the stage 3 is to not let this guy anywhere near your car. This sounds like this guy worked for KO and then after no one would buy from them because their chargers were crap they started midnight.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #89
Midnight Autoworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPerformance
No one is going to be interested until you show a complete kit, that not only works, but looks good. Any monkey can go out and rig something up, but how well does it work and look?

Where is all the cost coming from on your kits?

We all know that if you look on ebay you can pick up the nissian frontier superchargers for $100-$150 and can be rebuilt for $100-$150 That is a max of $300 per supercharger....?

Any Dyno sheets to post?
The website has a complete working kit on it. The same car in the video. If you'd like I can post more pics.The kit has been on the car for over a year. I understand that the video is distorted, tonight we will take more video under the hood and while driving. Dyno charts will be on by the end of the week.

And yes you can buy a s/c on ebay for about $150 and REPLACE THE BEARINGS for another $150. Rebuilding (replacing bearings and blades)cost more than that.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #90
Midnight Autoworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann
I second that. Its going to be a while before I put a charger in my car but when I do it wont be from this guy. My advice to L8 or anyone who is considering his offer to test instal the stage 3 is to not let this guy anywhere near your car. This sounds like this guy worked for KO and then after no one would buy from them because their chargers were crap they started midnight.
Once again we are not affiliated with KO. John Paul (owner of KO) is in no way involved with Midnight Autoworks. http://sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETREG&docnum=G05341900173&rdocnum=G05341900173 All we are trying to do is prove that OUR supercharger is reliable and powerful and is NOT the crap that L8 received.

Like we said earlier, we have offered a deal to let us install the kit for FREE and let you test it before you spend a penny. If you are unhappy we will remove the kit, restore your car to normal and go home without you spending a penny.