04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,648 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Apparently he's not very serious about selling his car if he isn't willing to answer a few replies to his thread. 3 days and 16 replies later, still no correspondence to a thread that he started. No price listed and no pictures? Why wouldn't someone post pictures of something they're trying to sell, especially a car? It's not like it costs anything to post a few pics unless he's just lazy or has something to hide. I wouldn't give this guy a dime, let alone a minute of my time. I mean if you went to the store and got ignored and the sales staff made you feel as if you were bothering them, would you shop there? If he really wants to sell his car, the least that he could do is put forth some effort. The thread title was a bit confusing also. It leads people to think that he's parting out a perfectly running vehicle, though I'm sure he meant that he's parting "with" his car vs. parting it out. It's probably just a kid who hasn't learned the basic courtesies of life yet.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #17
motorwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Apparently he's not very serious about selling his car if he isn't willing to answer a few replies to his thread. 3 days and 16 replies later, still no correspondence to a thread that he started. No price listed and no pictures? Why wouldn't someone post pictures of something they're trying to sell, especially a car? It's not like it costs anything to post a few pics unless he's just lazy or has something to hide. I wouldn't give this guy a dime, let alone a minute of my time. I mean if you went to the store and got ignored and the sales staff made you feel as if you were bothering them, would you shop there? If he really wants to sell his car, the least that he could do is put forth some effort. The thread title was a bit confusing also. It leads people to think that he's parting out a perfectly running vehicle, though I'm sure he meant that he's parting "with" his car vs. parting it out. It's probably just a kid who hasn't learned the basic courtesies of life yet.
That's a good one cooljess...think about your statement above...If I wasn't serious about selling my car, why would I put my email address and ask EVERYBODY to send individual inquiries to my car.??? Ask anybody on this board if I haven't replied to their email inquiry and they'll tell you that I respond VERY FAST (have them check their time stamps if you doubt). So, before you open your trap and think that you are being righteous, play the courteous card and give me the benefit.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #18
motorwerk

Default TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED...

What did I put on my first post? "EMAIL ME if you are interested"...it's not trivial folks?!

I don't want to waste anybodys time here so THAT is why I am ASKING people to email me so that we can potentially exchange contact information and discuss the car. That shows some sort of commitment on your part. I think that is fair to ask in the very least.

If you don't wish to go this direction and post hundreds of questions on this board, please understand that I am not checking 318ti.org regularly and might not be able to respond as quick as I do with email.

I am sorry to say (I am highly offended) that some of you think that I am not being serious about selling my car (I didn't think there were that many immature people on 318ti.org). I gave this courtesy to post my car on this board to those people that helped me throughout my time on this board (which I am grateful). Just because I am not on 318ti.org 24/7 doesn't mean that I don't have any interest to sell my car...and, if you ask anybody who did in fact email me, I responded quickly.

1. I just got my car professionally detailed yesterday (Thursday), and will take pictures to post onto Photobucket. For those who want to purchase the car, send me an email so I know who to send this to.

2. If you want to get a range to bargain from, take a look at cars posted on Autotrader (high/low) and you will know the range of price that I'm looking to sell. Like 99.9% of the people out there, the person who bids the highest and comes up with the money the fastest will be the obvious winner.

3. I apologize if I wasn't clear. This is a perfectly running vehicle of which I am parting out. I am not ripping individual stuff out of my car. I will sell the whole car intact. Thanks for the clarification and I am sorry for the confusion.

If you wish to contact me, feel free to email me and discuss. If we get to the point of exchanging information so that you can take a look at the car, you are on the right track.

Thanks!

Carlos
Old 04-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #19
M3_KILL3R

yoo calm down first of all carlos and he does have a point that maybe some one just doesnt trust email or have an email account but has the ability to send u a post on this site ...that person might be your potential seller, this isnt an add site nor an auction house. Cooljess wat just trying to convey his message to you that this is a community and we all respect one another to respond to a thread that another fellow ti owner started
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #20
cooljess76

I wasn't trying to start an argument or crash your thread. I noticed a bunch of members posting in your thread and it appeared as if they were just talking to a wall. It was only after I posted that you finnaly came back to what seemed like an abandoned thread. It just seems that it would be easier and make more sense for you to post pics and list a price here instead of dealing with individual emails and sending pics and responses numerous times. BTW FWIW, when you start a thread I'm pretty sure that the site automatically subscribes you to it and forwards all posts to your email address anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerk View Post
I don't want to waste anybodys time here so THAT is why I am ASKING people to email me so that we can potentially exchange contact information and discuss the car. That shows some sort of commitment on your part. I think that is fair to ask in the very least.
Why would anyone show commitment to something that they can't see and don't know the price of?

If you don't wish to go this direction and post hundreds of questions on this board, please understand that I am not checking 318ti.org regularly and might not be able to respond as quick as I do with email.
Did these replies not get forwarded to your email address?

I am sorry to say (I am highly offended) that some of you think that I am not being serious about selling my car (I didn't think there were that many immature people on 318ti.org). I gave this courtesy to post my car on this board to those people that helped me throughout my time on this board (which I am grateful). Just because I am not on 318ti.org 24/7 doesn't mean that I don't have any interest to sell my car...and, if you ask anybody who did in fact email me, I responded quickly.
I appologize and it wasn't my intention to offend you.
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to buy your car

1. I just got my car professionally detailed yesterday (Thursday), and will take pictures to post onto Photobucket. For those who want to purchase the car, send me an email so I know who to send this to.
How about posting them in this thread?

2. If you want to get a range to bargain from, take a look at cars posted on Autotrader (high/low) and you will know the range of price that I'm looking to sell. Like 99.9% of the people out there, the person who bids the highest and comes up with the money the fastest will be the obvious winner.
Do you have a reserve price? Sounds like you're trying to sell it eBAY style.

3. I apologize if I wasn't clear. This is a perfectly running vehicle of which I am parting out. I am not ripping individual stuff out of my car. I will sell the whole car intact. Thanks for the clarification and I am sorry for the confusion.
???WTF???

If you wish to contact me, feel free to email me and discuss. If we get to the point of exchanging information so that you can take a look at the car, you are on the right track.

Thanks!

Carlos
Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #21
AutoM3otives

Just chill, cooljess, and let him sell the car. Not everything has to run like clockwork around here, and if he wants to sell the car via personal email, let him. Not everyone lives on this forum 24/7.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #22
jekaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerk View Post
3. I apologize if I wasn't clear. This is a perfectly running vehicle of which I am parting out. I am not ripping individual stuff out of my car. I will sell the whole car intact.

your contradicting yourself in the quote above. if you are parting out a vehicle it means your taking parts off of it.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #23
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
Just chill, cooljess, and let him sell the car. Not everything has to run like clockwork around here, and if he wants to sell the car via personal email, let him. Not everyone lives on this forum 24/7.
Dude I am chilled, I'm not trying to prevent this guy from selling his car. I'm just making a few points that will help him sell his car.

1.) Selling a car is not a courtesy to anyone except the person selling the car. When you go shopping, do you feel like you owe the store something since they're doing you a favor by selling to you? Actually, it's the opposite since you're doing them a favor by giving them your business.

2.) When you post things for sale on this site, you're required to show proof that you actually have the items you're selling. Check the rules. Simply posting a photo is not going to kill anyone and isn't too much to ask. For all we know he could just be emailing people photos of another member's car.

Edit; I guess they changed the rules because I can't find the sticky that I think DustenT made. Anyway proof that the item exists only builds confidence for the potential buyer or people interested.

3.) It's not specified as a requirement on this site, but on other sites such as BF.c, it's required that you list a price for an item being sold or it will be removed since these forums don't want the image of being an auction block. If anything, it's a privelage to be able to sell your things here for free and it should be done respectfully to the site.

4.) Even after his attempt to clarify, his post is still confusing. Apparently he doesn't know the difference between "parting out" and "parting with" a vehicle.

So you could "just chill" AutoM3, if anyone should be offended it should be me since he made the comment about me opening my trap. However, I could care less since I'm not even interested in the car anymore. I just wanted to bring things to his attention and perhaps help him sell his car. It's generally not a good practice to insult your potential buyers.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #24
AutoM3otives

Quote:
So you could "just chill" AutoM3
Me? Chill? Trust me, I'm not busting a nut like you are. I don't spend all my time making my posts the length of novels like you do.

Thanks for letting us know how YOU would sell a car on the forum. But right now, YOU are not the one selling a car, HE is.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
Thanks for letting us know how YOU would sell a car on the forum. But right now, YOU are not the one selling a car, HE is.
Quote:
I just wanted to bring things to his attention and perhaps help him sell his car.
What have you contributed besides being a troll?
And to the OP, feel free to start a new/more clear thread and I'll be more than happy to stay out of it. Sorry it turned into this mess.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM   #26
HuGo

Quote:
Sorry it turned into this mess.
I had a blast.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #27
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
I had a blast.
lmfaooo
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 AM   #28
96cali

Motorwerk- In all honesty it's not unusual for someone to sign up, post an ad and never contribute again. I did not recognize you as an active member and was surprised that you let the thread get that far along without correcting your original post. To part with means to sell intact. To part means to sell in parts by dismantling the vehicle which seemed odd. I also think strongly not posting a peice is a turnoff for people- it's just more work and more work means fewer people will get interested. Just list your high end range and come down from there. Alos you'll rarely find someone with deep pockets on this forum- we all know too much and consider ourselves "smart" (corectly or not).

Good luck with the sale bro!

Cali

Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #29
motorwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
Motorwerk- In all honesty it's not unusual for someone to sign up, post an ad and never contribute again. I did not recognize you as an active member and was surprised that you let the thread get that far along without correcting your original post. To part with means to sell intact. To part means to sell in parts by dismantling the vehicle which seemed odd. I also think strongly not posting a peice is a turnoff for people- it's just more work and more work means fewer people will get interested. Just list your high end range and come down from there. Alos you'll rarely find someone with deep pockets on this forum- we all know too much and consider ourselves "smart" (corectly or not).

Good luck with the sale bro!

Cali
Thanks 96cali,

You've always been helpful as I've learned alot from 318ti's in general by reading your posts in the past. I don't unsually contribute/post alot here because most info is easily attainable through the search but I have to give props to you for my knowledge. As far as pictures are concerned, my account only allows for 1MB (it looks like) so you can follow this url instead (Photobucket) here:

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...slideshow=true

Price: I am looking at the range (high of 8K and low 6K for my car) and I am willing to negotiate.

I also guess I shouldn't have used the word 'parting out' since it is confusing some members that I am 'actually taking parts out of my car'.

Why this ad was posted: To better explain why I didn't have pix of the car but put a 'feeler' out for an ad on 318ti is basically because within this past week, I flat out decided to sell it; I didn't have a camera to take pix (until this past weekend), so it was kind of a backwards approach. Understandably, it seems odd to post without pix (which makes complete sense as I myself would be turned off). It truly is for sale and I've been getting good responses from 318ti.org members individually so far. Thank yoU! I would still appreciate sending me an email at carlos507@gmail.com if you are interested and we can arrange to talk.

Thanks to everyone!

Carlos aka motorwerk
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #30
96cali

It sure sounds like a great car and really my first post was just trying to stir up attention and maybe get you to correct it post haste. IIWY, I'd ask the mods to close this thread and start a new one with pics, your price and Feeler or For Sale in the title. Avoid part/parting out/with. Just my .02. Start fresh!

Closed Thread