318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine Swaps

Notices

Engine Swaps Engine conversions.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
  Share/Bookmark

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
e30polak

Default Undr8d_Empire: Scarlet (#Project333Ti)

WARNING! THIS IS A LONG READ!

ALSO, NOT SURE WHY THE PICTURE QUALITY IS SO POOR… IMAGESHACK HAS BEEN DOING THIS RECENTLY...

Before anything I want to thank all my sponsors for all the help they given me on this project, it wouldn't have happened without all of you! Sorry this took so long for me to do, it should've been done a long time ago!

@CastroMotorsport - WWW.CASTROMOTORSPORT.COM
@KingsAutoBodyShop - WWW.KINGSAUTOBODYSHOP.COM
@Bimmerheads - WWW.BIMMERHEADS.COM
@Excel_Motorsports
@MateoMotorsports

I've built a few cars over the years that have all been a bit different and that I enjoyed in different ways, but my favorite build to date was my old OBD1 S52 E30 named Scarlet. I built that car my freshmen year in college and enjoyed it for about 4 years as a daily driver, canyon carver, and overall fun car, and I've missed it since the day I sold it. It was such a great car because it was unique at the time, plenty of fun to drive, reliable as hell, and surprised everyone!

I sold it after finding my dream car - my former E30 M3, that was built from the ground up with no expense spared. I couldn't afford to buy the M3 at the time, so I borrowed the money from my dad and promise him I would sell the Scarlet as quickly as possible. All in all it was worth it, as I got most of my money out of Scarlet, while being to enjoy her for so long and using the money to build my dream car. The M3 build was a long process and I always had a mediocre/boring car that I would drive as a daily driver in between the project. After enjoying the m3 with the s14 and then building it with the s54, it truly was the most impressive all around car I had built and driven to date. The problem was that it was always going to be just that fun weekend car, as I didn't want to put mileage on it, or put it at risk for an accident any more than I had to. I sold my M3 over 2 years back for great money to Frank Ocean for various reasons.

Next I embarked to swap an LS6 into and e46 m3 rolling chassis I had purchased. Things took way too long and didn't end up working out, but I still wanted to build another fun car.

Fast forward a bit and I saw my friend Nathan (m3mobbin) had posted his 318ti rolling chassis for sale. I immediately called him, as I knew the back story on the car, and wanted it to go to a good home. Nathan had the chassis painted, what he thought was Imola Red years back and the car sat under a cover in his garage since before I met him.

He always talked about building it with a m/s/52, but was always preoccupied building his sedan. Any how everything was "there" for the interior and the car to be put together and on the road, minus a motor and trans. I had already been itching for another project car and decided I didn't want to build another non-M e30 (I've owned 6), but something more unique, that I hadn't owned before. I had A LOT of parts to build the car from years of hoarding, including motors, suspension, transmissions, wheels, etc. So I figured why not?! Then my favorite part of the build began - planning!

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports

Last edited by e30polak; 11-02-2015 at 09:20 PM.
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote