318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 992,038 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #106
wolferj-RIP

for 20+ years I worked in hospitality, managing small, resort properties. After getting "down-sized" in 2008, I took a year off from regular employment and conducted personalized wine tours.

I found I like a regular job better, so I went to work for a small software company doing training and support. After 2.5 years of that, my boss announced that he was leaving the company I work for. I promptly took a weeks vacation as it looks like I will take over as director of operations when I get back in the office come Monday...

Wish me luck (or condolences...)!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #107
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Complete bum last two years no work at all after a 13 year run in property management. I do see me having to work soon or I will have to break into retirement funds...
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #108
Bobtail_Bimmer

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
for 20+ years I worked in hospitality, managing small, resort properties. After getting "down-sized" in 2008, I took a year off from regular employment and conducted personalized wine tours.

I found I like a regular job better, so I went to work for a small software company doing training and support. After 2.5 years of that, my boss announced that he was leaving the company I work for. I promptly took a weeks vacation as it looks like I will take over as director of operations when I get back in the office come Monday...

Wish me luck (or condolences...)!
Congrates big guy and there are plenty of people on here that will give you an E Hug when you start to beat your head against the wall in total frustration and want to strangle everyone under you.
Bobtail_Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #109
slade13

I'm a Mazda tech for now and work on motorcycles at home.
slade13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #110
teen ti

Vehicles

just picked up another job, bar tending for all of the concerts and events this summer at the local concert center

teen ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #111
elchicano

I work as a Program/Unit Assistant for a Detox center. I mostly do all the administrative work for the facility. Like the billing, set up monitoring accounts, verify the clients financial information is correct, and make sure the clients have been discharged and and billed correctly. A pretty good job but Mondays are stressful because of the amount of clients that come in over the weekend.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #112
Fuzzy Nutbucket

Vehicles

Going on 4 years as a CNC machinist at Siskiyou Inc. Started not knowing a thing about machine shops, already one of the best guys on swing shift.

/!\CAUTION/!\
Low Flying Engines
Fuzzy Nutbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #113
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtail_Bimmer View Post
Congrates big guy and there are plenty of people on here that will give you an E Hug when you start to beat your head against the wall in total frustration and want to strangle everyone under you.
Thanks! My guess is that people will read about me as the latest wunderkind or the next "postal" worker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade13 View Post
I'm a Mazda tech for now and work on motorcycles at home.
What's your plan for after "now"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen ti View Post
just picked up another job, bar tending for all of the concerts and events this summer at the local concert center
Are you 21? if not, How are you able to to bartend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano View Post
I work as a Program/Unit Assistant for a Detox center. I mostly do all the administrative work for the facility. Like the billing, set up monitoring accounts, verify the clients financial information is correct, and make sure the clients have been discharged and and billed correctly. A pretty good job but Mondays are stressful because of the amount of clients that come in over the weekend.
Dave, even if this is not your dream job, you are learning solid, applicable skills that will translate into future careers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Nutbucket View Post
Going on 4 years as a CNC machinist at Siskiyou Inc. Started not knowing a thing about machine shops, already one of the best guys on swing shift.
This is my favorite kind of story. I have always been a "start at the bottom and work your way up" kind of person, constantly learning and expanding your knowledge and skills. Keep up the great work!
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #114
teen ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Are you 21? if not, How are you able to to bartend?
im 19 but you only need to be 18 to serve alcohol

teen ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #115
hondamnit

im a porsche/vw/audi tech... been doing it for about 10 years now.
hondamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #116
elchicano

Quote:
Dave, even if this is not your dream job, you are learning solid, applicable skills that will translate into future careers...
Honestly this job is perfect for me right now. I'm getting plenty of hours and the job is not one where I'm taking my work home. Once my day is done I'm out, if anything is pending I will get to it tomorrow. It's also good because I'm still undecided as to whether or not I want to pursue the administrative side or the clinical side of drug and alcohol addictions. Plus there is always opportunities to move up in positions which is something not every job has.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #117
Lachlan

Vehicles

I'm still studying Accounting at University, but I have a job at an Accounting firm, but more specifically, in the area of Auditing.
Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #118
ILurveBMW

I dispatch/manage service for a Mercedes Benz dealership. They love my car. : D
ILurveBMW is offline   Reply With Quote