318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Springs, sway bars, shocks.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,547 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-03-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
BonesOfSteel

Default Intrax Lowering Springs??

I had a problem awhile ago when I put my Bilstein HD's on and my car seemed pretty high in the front. I recieved another set and installed them and they were sitting at the exact same spot. Which I was told was the right spot but to my looks like a truck. I am going to by some lowering springs to get my front lowered but I don't want a really rough ride. The back sits really nice so my question is can i buy some lowering springs and just put them in the front and leave oem rear on or will my car be all messed up?? I was checking some springs out and saw these ones

http://www.drivewire.com/performance...ingsprings.htm

I never heard you guys talking about them so I just want to know if these would be alright, if not which would be the best ones to buy?

Thanks
BonesOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
ClubSport

I've got intrax springs on my car. Previous owner put them on. I like the way it sits and handles. They've been fine for the last 45k miles.
ClubSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
mohaughn

If you are going to put lowering springs on the front you should put a matched set of springs on the back. Not only will the difference in height look weird it could also cause unwanted handling characteristics.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
3DGE

I think I have lowered set in front and stock in the rear, I look like I am going fast without moving...o and I dont get that great of light when driving at night...

I will upgrade to something normal sometime, but for you get a full set.
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
BonesOfSteel

Thanks for the replies guys. The only problem I have is my front sits really high with the HD's and OEM springs but the new springs will bring the front down 1.4 and it says the same for the back but my back only has about 1.2 space between the tire and fender. Will it not look funny sitting so low in the back?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #6
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I have a great set of MTecknic's I'm tryin to get rid of. There's plenty of people running HD's with MTecknic's in this forum who love that setup. They'll give you about a 1-1.5" drop. Nothing too drastic and they'll feel much better than the stiff aftermarkets. I'm lookin to get around $125 for these. The dealer's askin for $600. Regardless, we all know that nobody's gonna pay that much for springs but for comparison purposes I thought I'd mention it. I live in California and I'm lookin to put my car on the ground, so if you or anyone out there wants a nice set of springs that won't compromise ride quality and will improve performance with a medium sized drop, shoot me a PM. $125 plus shipping or pickup.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
BonesOfSteel

I talked to so a couple of people about different springs to install with the HD's and I was told that the Intrax were just as stiff as the H&R Sport. He told me that I will get a 1.4 FRONT & 1.0 REAR which sound very nice compared to my 4x4 frontend. The H&R are a bit more expensive but if they are better I will get these instead. I live in Canada and the cheapest I can find them is $299.00. I know that I can get them in the states for $225 but with shipping & customes it will cost me around $375CAN. Any advice would be great!