318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,010,303 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #166
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
Well... I have 99% of the parts needed, but I'm still waiting on my refund so I can go down to Florida! It sucks having that big box with all those parts just sitting there, I can't wait to get it done... it's going to be sick!... The video that blowin posted, pumped me up, hearing that sick BOV sound is freaking awesome! Can't wait to hear mine...
Dude not to knock Blowin but your car will be faster then that video. Trust me. Also your blow-off will sound much better with a waffle sound due to different plumbing. Your car is high compression so at 10psi will make more power. Our MM motors don't make the big power until we are at 17-25psi Danny was really de-tuned in that video so don't even think that is what you will have, it will be much more
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #167
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Dude not to knock Blowin but your car will be faster then that video. Trust me. Also your blow-off will sound much better with a waffle sound due to different plumbing. Your car is high compression so at 10psi will make more power. Our MM motors don't make the big power until we are at 17-25psi Danny was really de-tuned in that video so don't even think that is what you will have, it will be much more
My comment was because of the sound of the BOV, the video itself doesn't give us any idea of how fast the car is, so I wasn't really even looking in that direction.... I'm really looking forward to hearing the BOV on my car, it is the single most coolest part of doing a Turbo IMO, of course the power increase is awesome as well.
BTW I checked the fitment between the downpipe and the turbo, they are a perfect match. For those of you looking for a gauge pod, the one I got for the steering column from ATI, is a perfect fit. Can't wait to finally solve whatever issues i have with my refund so i can get this done... it really sucks having all those parts just sitting there!

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #168
bimbim

Vehicles

Is there a kit you guys can compile and sell to us? I'll write the installation guide?
bimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #169
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbim View Post
Is there a kit you guys can compile and sell to us? I'll write the installation guide?
The kit that I bought is almost complete, you would need a new MAF (95' M3) and new injectors with adapters plus gauges... The problem is not a kit in itself, it is the software to run it properly.

My install has been delayed, due to my return not coming in yet, but hopefully I'll get it by the end of the month (so says the IRS)... I'll do the write up as my install is on the way.

The kit I got is from God Speed, bought it on ebay, so you can try to look it up.

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #170
pdxmotorhead

If ya want to keep every bodies life simple, keep it a do-it-yourself kind of deal.

As soon as its a "kit" it has to be CARB certified or the Green Gestapo will jack
up the kit provider.

Id say a "documentation" package would be cool. Its like having the treasure map...

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #171
bimbim

Vehicles

sounds like I might be able to follow your posts on the turbo install, yoda, look forward to seeing it happen.
bimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #172
TroyAndEddie

Damn! This couldn't have been done 2 months ago when I was still in Charleston?! :P
Old 04-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #173
Beyondcr

I will love to hear how this unfolds! Video of the installation would be awesome, Good luck guys!
Beyondcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #174
yoda

Vehicles

Just did the Battery Relocation to get that step out of the way...
Hopefully I get my refund 1st of May and we can get this done that month!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #175
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Sounding good.Let's keep the posts on the board for people to read.

Ok Injector adapters (Metric). Injectors , and 1995 MAF. Also I think you need a 2" to 2.5" adapter from turbo to pipe from your turbo and a 2.5" to 3" from your intercooling pipe to MAF.That is all I can think of right now...

I'm still not working a steady job soweare allsettodo this quickwith helpfrom other people. We will knock this out quick

John Smith
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #176
yoda

Vehicles

Seriously!... I don't know what's up with the IRS, but they still haven't given me my refund, they referred me today to Tax Advocacy to see if they can get the ball on the move on my behalf. This is ridiculous to say the least!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #177
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Ok no problem on this end. Get that Leak-down test to ensure
Old 07-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #178
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Nice chatting with you 2LT Rodriguez sir. Look forward to you moving down here.

I don't think we will have any issues knocking this out before your next deployment so no worries as long as we have all the parts. I'm sure I can get some extra hands here to help that have worked on my car so they know what needs to be done on cetain areas that are redundant...

Can't wait to get this done. Keep in touch

Oh yea I can perform the leak-down here to ensure the motor can handle boost for years to come.

John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 07-02-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Added leak-down
Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #179
yoda

Vehicles

Awesome John!
Can't wait to get things started, especially with my new career down in Florida... Been wanting to get back east since 2007!
I won't be deploying for some time to come though, since I'll be in Training for my new job until December and when that's done and my transfer to the Florida Guard pulls through... I'll still have another 4 month school to attend. So I'll have some time to enjoy the ride.

Thanks again for the opportunity, you are a true gent!

Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #180
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Meeting with Lois today at my house to check out his car. Looks like the project will start soon