318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Wheels and Tires

Notices

Wheels and Tires Discussion of different brands of tires, sizes and wheels.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 988,723 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Platanos

Default Is this even possible??

I don't think rolling the fenders will be enough....
Anyone know of a widebody kit or shop?

Any insight is much appreciated...
Old 11-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
AutoM3otives

oh snaps OZ Mitos.

This guy's got taste.

yea sorry, wont fit. Beyond massive fender rolling and prolly 205 tires.

But they fit my M3. Wanna sell?

EDIT:

The car in the link below is running:
OZ Mito 9,5x18 and11x18 with 225/35-18 and 265/30-18

http://www.felgen-man.de/compact.html
Old 11-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
H3_2.1-ti

Hey Platanos,

Those are probably my favorite OZ wheels. It's too bad they are discontinued.

Are all 4 wheels the same size? Offset ET21? If so, they can fit but with major mods; re- flaring the rear arches and front fenders; machining the hub surface of the wheels to raise the offset (bring them ias close as possoble to the suspension taking into concideration the space between the wheel/tire and the suspension); the narrowest tire size to fit without running into problems in my opinion would be a 235/40/18; you will need a steering limiter kit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Engine: 2.1L Hartge conversion (bored to 86X91mm, ported & polished head, new valves, new crank, & upgraded ECU), Supersprint SS headers, Hartge exhaust, custom cat bypass (track), KV85 wires, Bosch platinum plugs, Vitesse cf spark plug cover, Vitesse cf CAI, Samco hoses, Fiamm air horns. Drivetrain: custom ssk, Vitesse adj. clutch stop, Redline D4 ATF & 75W90. Chassis: 18x8.5 Hartge Classics on 225/40/ZR18 Direzza DZ101s, 17x8 Hartge 7 spokes on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs and 17x9 Enkei MT1-R on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs(track), Vitesse 10mm spacers with cf/billet hub extenders, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Hartge sway bars & strut brace, urethane offset LCABs, Vitesse rsb, billet/urethane RSMs, X-brace, ATE BBK, ATE slotted rr. rotors, Goodridge ss. lines, ATE Superblue. Exterior: Violettschwarz, Hartge lip spoiler, window spoiler, hatch spoiler & mirrors, Vitesse cf door pillars, Vitesse cf fog light blanks (track), ZKW ellipsoids, HIDs in headlights, highbeams and foglights, and much more... Performance BMW Magazine feature car March 2003 www.vitessetuning.com
H3_2.1-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Platanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
oh snaps OZ Mitos.

This guy's got taste.

yea sorry, wont fit. Beyond massive fender rolling and prolly 205 tires.

But they fit my M3. Wanna sell?

EDIT:

The car in the link below is running:
OZ Mito 9,5x18 and11x18 with 225/35-18 and 265/30-18

http://www.felgen-man.de/compact.html

That car is running different offsets. Are you sure they will fit your M3 without any work? Make an offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3_2.1-ti View Post
Hey Platanos,

Those are probably my favorite OZ wheels. It's too bad they are discontinued.

Are all 4 wheels the same size? Offset ET21? If so, they can fit but with major mods; re- flaring the rear arches and front fenders; machining the hub surface of the wheels to raise the offset (bring them ias close as possoble to the suspension taking into concideration the space between the wheel/tire and the suspension); the narrowest tire size to fit without running into problems in my opinion would be a 235/40/18; you will need a steering limiter kit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

The front wheels are 8.5x18 ET13. The rears are 9.5x18 ET21. I don't know if I would trust someone machining the hub surfaces down, it would have to be perfect or shaking will be felt. What is a steering limiter?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
AutoM3otives

They'll fit, but I'm against the grain of eurostretch and staggered setups, let alone massive rubbing, so you can keep them. I'm happy with my fikses =P

Good luck, I hope you find a way to get them to work.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
H3_2.1-ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
That car is running different offsets. Are you sure they will fit your M3 without any work? Make an offer

The front wheels are 8.5x18 ET13. The rears are 9.5x18 ET21. I don't know if I would trust someone machining the hub surfaces down, it would have to be perfect or shaking will be felt. What is a steering limiter?
Basically, the front wheels will stick out a little over an inch and the rears, an inch and a half with those offsets.

A machine shop with the proper CNC mill set up can do the job, but there is a limited amount of aluminum they can remove.

A steering limiter is like a plastic/teflon stopper that installs on your steering rack to shorten the turning radius. If you really want to keep the wheels, the only other option I can think of is try contacting OZ NA. Maybe they can rebuild the wheels to E36 offsets, limiting the mods you'd have to make to the car. One way or another you will have to open the wallet and spend a good chunk of change if you want it done right.

Cheers,

Engine: 2.1L Hartge conversion (bored to 86X91mm, ported & polished head, new valves, new crank, & upgraded ECU), Supersprint SS headers, Hartge exhaust, custom cat bypass (track), KV85 wires, Bosch platinum plugs, Vitesse cf spark plug cover, Vitesse cf CAI, Samco hoses, Fiamm air horns. Drivetrain: custom ssk, Vitesse adj. clutch stop, Redline D4 ATF & 75W90. Chassis: 18x8.5 Hartge Classics on 225/40/ZR18 Direzza DZ101s, 17x8 Hartge 7 spokes on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs and 17x9 Enkei MT1-R on 235/40/17 Direzza Z1 *specs(track), Vitesse 10mm spacers with cf/billet hub extenders, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Hartge sway bars & strut brace, urethane offset LCABs, Vitesse rsb, billet/urethane RSMs, X-brace, ATE BBK, ATE slotted rr. rotors, Goodridge ss. lines, ATE Superblue. Exterior: Violettschwarz, Hartge lip spoiler, window spoiler, hatch spoiler & mirrors, Vitesse cf door pillars, Vitesse cf fog light blanks (track), ZKW ellipsoids, HIDs in headlights, highbeams and foglights, and much more... Performance BMW Magazine feature car March 2003 www.vitessetuning.com
H3_2.1-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #7
angel318ti

damn you got me by far! I have 17X10 in the rear and 17X9.5 in the front. I can't remember the offset though we had to actually bang the fenders out to make mine fit so If you really feel like going through all that have fun! I did it because my car was being painted anyway. this was the final result. Ignore the fart can. I was replaced by a more tasteful supersprint setup.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:53 AM   #8
SDKmann

Wide body or no. Those pics of those tis without the wide body and those rims look like they should be in the mexican ghetto. Just go for the wide body it will look cooler anyway.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #9
AutoM3otives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Wide body or no. Those pics of those tis without the wide body and those rims look like they should be in the mexican ghetto. Just go for the wide body it will look cooler anyway.
you obviously have no notion of the euro stretch trend. that ****s hot.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 AM   #10
SDKmann

Yeah Ive seen it but I dont like it. Hey not everything coming out of europe is desireable and great. I guess it dosnt look horrible but Id still go with a wide body.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #11
AlaskaBlue

Hehe I love the look of the euro strech, but I would never do it to my car. Definately not something to be found in the bario mexicano

I personally would just roll the fenders out as far as possible. That would look very clean especially if you don't just take a sledgehammer to the back like I did.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #12
mohaughn

Euro stretch? We used to call that the "atlanta look." Of course you only would see that only ghetto hoopties back about 15 years ago using 14 inch wheels with gold spokes.. Lot of nissan sentras and lincolns used to run around like that... Only I think they didn't use wide wheels they just used really wide spacers...

There definitely is such a thing as to much wheel for a car...
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM   #13
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Those wheels look nice on the ti,you should do a widebody setup if it's your budget. There are not too many ti's with a widebodys that look sweet so make us proud on the one you chose.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 AM   #14
moku
islander on the mainland

That's too bad Fernando... I know how hyped you were to get those wheels.
moku is offline   Reply With Quote