318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Cars for Sale

Notices

Cars for Sale Only fully running cars to be listed.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 100,872 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 63,823 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,041 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
StormyTheNinja

Default 1995 BMW 318Ti Club Sport ULTRA RARE AND CLEAN

Ultra Rare 1995 BMW 318Ti Club Sport with CLEAN TITLE

H I S T O R Y :

VIN: WBACG532XSAM53569

165xxx miles. It's been detailed, covered and parked so the mileage is steady. Passed smog this year on the first try. OBD 1 if that makes you happy. (OBD 1 if it doesn't).

1 of 106 jet black (Schwartz II) Club Sports built (of about 200 made total, with 94 being hellrot/red) (some say there are 300, but I'm not sure). This car is a special edition from the BMW Individual program.

If you are surfing in here from the internets you probably already know how rare the car is. I've only seen one other for sale in California, ever. This car was purchased from the owner of SF Motorsports in Marin County (a high-end shop that specializes in Ferrari cars) where it served as a runner for the service team and the owner's wife, and he pampered it like it was a Ferrari.

E Q U I P M E N T :

This car has all three options available to Club Sport models:

LSD (Limited Slip Differential) option in the rear, giving it 25% lockup.
Premium Audio Package
Sunroof

Club Sport package cars came with all these items as standard:

M-Sport body cladding: M-Technic front air dam with driving lights (identical to Luxury package M3), //M rocker panels, //M door moulding, and rear M3 air diffuser. This is the only non-M3 E36 with factory correct M3 aero kit, including mirrors.
The bears repeating: it has the iconic E36 M3 side mirrors (yes, they are FACTORY).
//M logo'd shifter knob
Red Millpoint interior with red contrast stitching and Montana black leather bolsters.
//M floor mats
16" OEM sport wheels
Pre-wired for BMW security system and has a central locking mechanism, in addition to 'smart' window close/open mode.

M A I N T E N A N C E :

Oil service has been done every 4,000 with Mobil 0W-40. Air filter changed every spring and fall that I've owned the vehicle.

7/2014 - New brakes, front and rear. Akebono white ceramic pads -- zero brake dust! All new rotors (front and rear) and new brake hardware. Fresh ATE Fluid flush.

7/2014 -- Air conditioning system evacuated and replenished. Blows ice cold.

6/2014 -- Front and rear wipers replaced (Anco), air filter, oil changed. (Inspection I)

11/2013 - New remanufactured cylinder head (with warranty), all new Victor Reinz gaskets, new OEM cylinder head bolts, radiator, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, top and bottom radiator hoses, electric cooling fan/shroud, cooling fan temp switch, and both yellow cooling relays. Also replaced the plastic cooling manifold connector pipe while I was in there. (common part that breaks and is extremely hard to get to). This is every last part in the entire cooling system. New.

OEM BMW Coolant was used exclusively, and cylinders were thoroughly cleaned and de-carboned when the head was removed. Timing was advanced on the intake cam by 2 degrees when head was reinstalled.

11/2013 - Spark plugs replaced. In cabin air filter replaced. Inspection II level service completed.

11/2013 - Differential and transmission fluid serviced. New drain & fill plugs installed.

10/2013 -- new alternator (Bosch OEM) and battery

9/2013 -- new starter (Bosch OEM)

Front and rear tires are Michelin Pilots with 80% tread (new last year with about 5,000 miles)

Upkeep and Cosmetics
(ALL replacement parts OEM BMW)
New //M Shift knob (5/2014)
New //M Anthracite floor mats (5/2014)
New rear OEM package tray and rear speaker grills (the grills serve as attachment points for the swing up rear package tray and are almost ALWAYS broken on these cars). So the hatch area of the car is brand new, unfaded and fully functional. Hatch struts work great and lift the rear with ease.
New OEM cabin heat/air conditioning control panel
Seals and rubber replaced on doors, antenna grommet, etc.

Headlights have been reconditioned and polished

A full 5-step paint correction + detail has just been performed using S21, Menzerna + Chemical Guys products with a Festool Random Orbit rotary polisher and appropriate Lake County pads.

Car will come with a custom fitted car cover and factory BMW Jet Black touchup paint kit.

Car will come with all of my detailed maintenance records and original manual, including BMW cassette tape (!)

M O D I F I C A T I O N S :

A short-throw Z4M shifter was installed when the bushings and seals for the transmission were replaced. Super fun to go through the gears in this Ti!

A new OEM clutch pedal will be included with sale + UUC Teflon clutch bushings. This will correct any slop or noise in the clutch actuation. It's not bad now, but a new pedal DOES make a big difference.

The previous owner installed an aftermarket Eclipse radio (it's just. . .OK) and a VERY nice/clean custom subwoofer box in the right rear corner of the car. I think it's an 8" or 10" sub? Not obnoxious and it's NOT a big sub box--just covers the cubby behind the wheel well on the passenger side. Extremely stealth/well done and I didn't notice it when I first bought the car. It's that factory looking.

Other than that, this car is BONE STOCK and FACTORY CORRECT.

C O N D I T I O N :

First off, this Ti needs NOTHING to drive and enjoy. Everything is factory correct and works: lights, gauges, electric windows/mirrors, heat & air conditioning. It's all 100%

ZERO RUST. ZERO SMOKING. ZERO PETS.

The body isn't perfect, but is very nice overall with no glaring/obvious defects. A couple of small dings in the rear bumper and has some light warping to the nose that holds the kidney grills in place (new sheet metal nose grills are about $65 and this would be a worthwhile endeavor, in my opinion). The clearcoat is surprisingly good, and NOT flaking off like every other 1995-1999 E36 I've ever seen.

The sunroof has become a little temperamental lately. Dunno.

The stereo wiring needs to be tightened up. Sometimes the audio goes in and out on some of the speakers. I don't listen to the radio much so I never bothered much with it.

Needs a headliner (current one is sagging a bit)

The driver's door panel could use some love. Over time, the standoffs that attach the door panel to the structure have come unglued and an afternoon spent with some epoxy would make it like new again.

The one thing that I wanted to dig into but ran out of time for was a suspension refresh. It's by no means terrible now, and the car tracks straight and true, but the shocks are a bit tired (compared to my M cars), and bushing/dog bone and tie rod replacement would enable this Ti to really shine.

Other than that, I haven't seen a nicer Ti, Club Sport or otherwise. The interior on this car is just BONKERS cool, really unique, and almost perfect. The pictures speak for themselves. It's a great, original example of a rare car that is stock; a blank slate for you to modify or continue to maintain and restore. It will continue to increase in rarity and appreciate in value. If I didn't have four cars I would never sell it. I'm a BMW collector and maintenance fanatic and poured money into this car like I was going to permanently keep it. I have an Individual E46 M3 (Estoril), and an Imola Red M5 and it hurts to have the Ti leave the collection but my growing family makes it a good idea to sell one of the sports cars and get something more practical.

PS: I'm a bachelor that wound up with a white Siberian Husky that I don't want in this car (that's what Priuses are for) -- not a desperate new father with triplets on the way. Keep your lowball offers to yourself. I'm not in a rush to sell the Ti to some joker -- she's gonna go to a good home.

Lastly, I'll take some better pictures tomorrow with my DSLR. The cell phone shots are kind of crap but you get the idea. You can see the pics in my craigslist ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4608350390.html

PICS

C O N T A C T :

Josh, if you are serious about the car.

I'm at: 4 one 5 -- 6 one 5 -- Two 7 Three 7.

Email works too.

Last edited by StormyTheNinja; 08-11-2014 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added VIN
StormyTheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
runnr548

Vehicles

Very nice Ti! :-)
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
teetime4one

Vehicles

Your car is awesome. GLWS

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
StormyTheNinja

Thanks for the compliments -- let me know if you think my price is right. I feel like it's pretty fair but if it was going to an enthusiast I'd definitely be willing to wiggle on it a bit.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyTheNinja View Post
Thanks for the compliments -- let me know if you think my price is right. I feel like it's pretty fair but if it was going to an enthusiast I'd definitely be willing to wiggle on it a bit.
It certainly is in nice condition. Personally I think the price is optimistic but if someone was looking for a clean Club Sport, that one certainly is. Sagging headliner and loose door even though we all know are common problems does take away from the engine and interior shots.

At the end of the day it's a 19 year old BMW and only a ti enthusiast will appreciate it. If you have time I think you can $5K in the shape it's in now. Replace the headliner and fix the door you could probably get back twice in parts alone.

GLWS.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #6
BRADESTAR

Vehicles

I too think that is a great Club Sport.

In my opinion I think that your price is close. Problem is that TI enthusiast are pretty few (outside of this site). At that price point it is getting close to a swap motor TI as well.

Good luck. I'd believe that North of $5K would be good take.
BRADESTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #7
StormyTheNinja

Well that's the thing about a good M42 engine -- that's worth some money too. I think a lot of people swap in an S50/52 when they blow a head gasket or break something serious on the original engine, otherwise there would be a glut of running M42's on the market. Thing is, there really isn't -- when I needed to replace the head + head gasket I looked for a complete long block to save me some time and they just arent around (or at least weren't when I was looking).

So if a swap is your goal, the M42 would be sellable for decent cash to the point where it might be close to an even shake money wise when getting an S50.

What do you guys think: what would you pay for a nice M42 with a rebuilt top end?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:26 AM   #8
erikerikerik

slightly altered Club Sport, it has the lux front bumper from the 96'Sport. Its the most minor of minor mods, in fact I would call it an upgrade!
erikerikerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #9
StormyTheNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikerikerik View Post
slightly altered Club Sport, it has the lux front bumper from the 96'Sport. Its the most minor of minor mods, in fact I would call it an upgrade!
It's actually stock. Have a look at the Club Sport brochure, here : http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3200
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
erikerikerik

...agian that brochure is using a 96 sport.
Ever notice the mirrors?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
StormyTheNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikerikerik View Post
...agian that brochure is using a 96 sport.
Ever notice the mirrors?
Well they laid out the brochure in 1994/5 so I'm not sure how they could have used a 1996 model year in their pictures...

From the fine print next to the picture on page 5:

*European mirrors shown. (The US's version 318Ti Club Sport will feature the M3's distinctive M mirrors)
Old 08-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #12
erikerikerik

Hit up google images, clubsport,
Old 08-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #13
StormyTheNinja

Yeah, I actually did after you commented, and it's sort of a mixed bag -- there doesn't seem to be a definitive set of pictures of the stock front air dam (if, in fact, they were all the same when manufactured).

Here's another black Club Sport with the lux air dam (and it doesn't include an M3 lip, which you'd tend to think would be added if someone were to 'mod' it).

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...z-II-Clubsport
Old 08-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
erikerikerik

09Cover, primedM TECHNIC151112233870$64.20

This is the part build number. It's an ult order for cars that had lux.

Any'who good luck!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #15
StormyTheNinja

Cool. So yeah, as far as the US market goes, no 318Ti came stock with the mesh grill on the front air damn. The Sport and Club Sports came with the M-Tehcnic bumper that is identical to the M3 lux package (and lux 'non-twisty' side skirts.)

They were just really fragile so when they inevitably broke people replaced them with the 'M3 look' mesh grille (which i actually GREATLY prefer, so that makes sense).