318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,989 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Default Came across something pretty cool......

So I don't know if you have heard or not, but earlier this year Pelican Parts published a book called "101 Performance Projects for you E36 BMW" This book was long awaited. The book is not bad, and is a great add on to the Bentley Manual for the DIY people.

Anyway, on to the real good stuff. Project 23: "Turbo and Supercharging" Has pictured of my TI at Bimmerfest 2005.

I was rather excited, so I thought I would share. I no longer have that TI (God rest her soul) but I put hours and hours of my life into her. We bonded on another level you might say. It was great to see her being shown off even though she is not around anymore.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
lkwd318ti

ahh!!!
I remember your ti!
I remember it at Bimmerfest too!
Cool stuff being in that book though haha...

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
3DGE

So how did she die? Images?
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DGE View Post
Look in his gallery and it will be self explanatory.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:34 AM   #5
ZeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DGE View Post
Yeah, she had an untimely incident with a wall on the 5 fwy a couple of years back..

The story is in my gallery.. She does live on her S/C made it to Mendi3, and her motor is with Hugo, and I am sure they are many other parts of her around in other TIs.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 AM   #6
lkwd318ti

I remember seeing the chassis for sale a while back...
I recognized it because of the IAAS sticker haha...

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:03 AM   #7
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG View Post
I was rather excited, so I thought I would share. I no longer have that TI (God rest her soul) but I put hours and hours of my life into her. We bonded on another level you might say. It was great to see her being shown off even though she is not around anymore.

In a way she's still alive. Her body is crippled but the heart goes on. Her heart is in my car now. And guess what, she got a body transplant because its still supercharged if you think about it

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #8
ZeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post

In a way she's still alive. Her body is crippled but the heart goes on. Her heart is in my car now. And guess what, she got a body transplant because its still supercharged if you think about it
Ain't that the truth.. Hopefully you'll give her as good of a home as I did.

If anyone is interested in picking up the book. I highly recomend it! It is a great addition to the Bentley!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
HuGo

maybe ill turn it into a race car when i get a e46 M3. The end of this year the latest. I have a friend thats gonna help me do some custom tuning so maybe ill be looking at 220+ at the wheels. Just need about 1,200 bucks. He says that with the setup i have with just a little tuning i can push out another 20hp out of it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
mohaughn

You could get 60hp out of it by hooking up the fuel regulator properly....

I don't see you getting 220 out of a DASC without a good charge cooling system... and you will not pick that up for 1200.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
and you will not pick that up for 1200.
Well see..

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 12-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
mohaughn

Well if you can fab up your own intercooler for the dasc for less than 1200 and tune it up to 220hp I'm sure a lot of members on here would love to see it happen... Honestly though, I don't think you are going to find anything better than what Technique tuning is offering for a little under $1k.. And the best price for any intercooler, the only one, was 1500$.

I just really don't see the DASC putting down that much power. It's not designed to be a big power supercharger. But I would still love for somebody to prove me wrong as it would give the rest of us a cheap solution for more power.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #13
HuGo

Quote:
Well if you can fab up your own intercooler for the dasc for less than 1200 and tune it up to 220hp I'm sure a lot of members on here would love to see it happen... Honestly though, I don't think you are going to find anything better than what Technique tuning is offering for a little under $1k.. And the best price for any intercooler, the only one, was 1500$.

I just really don't see the DASC putting down that much power. It's not designed to be a big power supercharger. But I would still love for somebody to prove me wrong as it would give the rest of us a cheap solution for more power.
Well im assuming that with a 10psi pulley, bigger injectors, here and there, and tuning i might see those numbers. But like i said, well see. My friend is gonna give me a race gas formula so maybe with that too.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #14
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

hey zeroG where can i pick up this book seeing as i live in chicago

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #15
ZeroG

Quote:

You can take a look at my gallery. I have charts from my DASC 318 with over 200 HP at the wheels.

I am also the creator of the only (to my knowledge) intercooler for the DASC, and it cost me a lot more than $1200... I am currently considering a Metric Mechanic bottom end.. There FI engine claims 240 at the crank, so there bottom end with my top end and a TEC III for fuel and ignition and I think 300 RWHP is obtainable... We'll see though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass95318ti View Post
hey zeroG where can i pick up this book seeing as i live in chicago
Yeah, the book is published, so any book store should be able to get it for you. You can also order it from Pelican Parts directly, as well as Amazon.com