318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,480 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,358 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Donovan

Default How Pathetic

I just discovered this afternoon that my BMW valve stem caps were missing. Why in the world would someone do this? Now thats just plain silly. I am still trying to figure out where it could have happened. This weekend I went to an Ultrasound Radiology Conference in Universal City,CA for 2 full days and I doubt it happened there. I also doubt that this incident would have ever occurred in front of my house.

I just cant imagine how cheap people are to do this sort of thing. On the brighter side at least that's the only thing that happened to my car. I have yet to fully inspect it, though.

Maybe those cute Bmw valve stem caps attracted too much attention. Anyway its a good idea to just get regular caps.

Its a $15.99 item loss but still feels like a violation of some sort.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
cosmos schwarz

kids nick them for their bike's, you cant blame them. i would get some richbrook anti-theft one's to stop it happening again.

E36 3.0 M3 Cosmos Schwarz
E36 1.8 318ti Cosmos Schwarz
cosmos schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
BleMW

i had one missing one time.. pretty sure the same thing happened (kid stole one for bike)
Old 06-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Shaggy
Site Moderator

I have those same valve stems too... Better go check if mine are still there!

Nick
1995 BMW 318iC.
Modifications by: Understeer.com, M3 Aerodynamics, Bilstein, Stromung, Turner Motorsports, Bavarian Autosport and Downing Atlanta Superchargers.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
larryn

I used to lose a set every few weeks at the train station I parked at. I hated the look without them, and would always keep a half dozen sets of the chrome ones in my glovebox. I caught the kids one day as the train pulled into the station, and thought to myself.. I'm never going to be able to hold the kids here without it looking weird or getting myself in trouble with a parent.

So, I initially was mad at them, but then I asked them why they needed so many of them. One of them said "I dunno, I have a box of them at home. I kinda collect them.".

So, I asked them to stop collecting mine, and I haven't had them stolen in a few years now.
larryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
L84THSKY

When I was a kid, we used to pry the ornaments off the hood of Cadillacs.

I've got those fancy "Made in Austria" caps with sensors on them telling me when it's low on air. Haven't gotten them stolen yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I used to lose a set every few weeks at the train station I parked at. I hated the look without them, and would always keep a half dozen sets of the chrome ones in my glovebox. I caught the kids one day as the train pulled into the station, and thought to myself.. I'm never going to be able to hold the kids here without it looking weird or getting myself in trouble with a parent.

So, I initially was mad at them, but then I asked them why they needed so many of them. One of them said "I dunno, I have a box of them at home. I kinda collect them.".

So, I asked them to stop collecting mine, and I haven't had them stolen in a few years now.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

You never stole them off cars when you were younger for your bike? Atleast thats what we did when we were kids.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #8
M3_KILL3R

i know how u feel i got my corners jacked the other day!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #9
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Tighten them down with a wrench and just keep the wrench in your toolkit or glovebox.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 AM   #10
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_KILL3R View Post
i know how u feel i got my corners jacked the other day!!!
So who has a set of keys to your car besides you? Last i new is your hood has to be open for them to be removed.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #11
Zacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post

lol
I have money for mods if i want them, gas cause ill want to drive them, and honey's who will want to get in them
Zacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #12
tastade

We had a Dodge Ram Charger with a big ram on the hood, one of the few left with the Ram in town. A large 3/8" bolt through the hood into the ornament did a lot to prevent it from being stolen. There were pry marks around it, but they never got it off.
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #13
ATF

I'm waiting for the day my side markers get jacked, since all you have to do is slide them forward and they pop out..

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #14
M3_KILL3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
So who has a set of keys to your car besides you? Last i new is your hood has to be open for them to be removed.
ya they do but if you get a screw driver or a crow bar and prey them out ....break the clip on the side of the headlight THEN they come out nice and easy! now i dont have clips on the side of the headlight and my corners wont stay on!! .......sry dont want to jack your post but any way i can hold the corners down without the clip like mod something so i can screw them in??
Old 06-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #15
Zacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_KILL3R View Post
ya they do but if you get a screw driver or a crow bar and prey them out ....break the clip on the side of the headlight THEN they come out nice and easy! now i dont have clips on the side of the headlight and my corners wont stay on!! .......sry dont want to jack your post but any way i can hold the corners down without the clip like mod something so i can screw them in??
tape or glue till u get new ones.
I have money for mods if i want them, gas cause ill want to drive them, and honey's who will want to get in them
Zacki is offline   Reply With Quote