318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,008,633 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Mad-Machine

Default a few questions

I picked up my Ti on wednesday and have been using her for a couple of days now to get back and forth to work and I have been compiling a list of repairs,

Mechanically sound with a great looking body and interior, the previous owner(s) really did not take care of the little niggling faults all cars get as the miles add up.

As such, here they are:

Headliner is starting to sag - I have seen the threads on this and already have an idea how to fix it. No biggie there and the sagging is not that bad.. yet

Steering wheel - The surface of the wheel is worn through to the underlayers. This leaves a nasty thing to grip that sticks to your fingers. It also looks TERRIBLE. I also do not like the stock wheel. Will the Z3 rim fit?

Door locks - the passenger side solinoid is not working the lock for that side. Is that a known fault with the design?

Driver's door window - yes, I had not owned the car an hour and the glass went down into the door and never came back up. I have fixed it twice, but I noticed that it works great until the glass gets out of the track at the front, then the sliders/tabs fall out of the slide tracks at the bottom of the glass. Is this the usual symptoms of needing the new tabs/sliders?

I also have a bad balljoint in the front. I knew about this ahead of time and the car came with a new one in the car (but not installed) does it bolt in to the A arm, or will I need a press to get the old one out?

Camsensor - Another Fault I knew about and it came with a new one. While it looks easy to get at, what about the plug? The wire disappears under the intake to parts unknown.. hard to get at?

Over all, a great little car. Once I get the little things done, I should start having a ball with her. Thanks ahead of time for any advice and hints.
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote