318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
M50+manual swap bastard...
03-01-2024 10:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
Yesterday 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 48,403 Views
Cali Top owners: How...
07-14-2014 04:29 PM
Last post by Trusted-1
03-15-2024 02:37 AM
2 Replies, 45,334 Views
FOR SALE: 82k mile 1995...
03-15-2024 01:24 AM
Last post by di318
03-15-2024 01:24 AM
0 Replies, 41,002 Views
BMW E36 Compact rear...
03-13-2024 12:56 PM
Last post by BMW Welsh rally
03-13-2024 12:56 PM
0 Replies, 51,849 Views
WTB: 318ti with...
04-20-2022 08:57 AM
Last post by di318
03-10-2024 08:08 PM
21 Replies, 249,362 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Cybersid13
03-09-2024 02:12 PM
209 Replies, 682,760 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #16
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Autoworks
We tried to do business with KO performance, but they screwed us over along with destroying the name of our superhcarger.
If that is really true, that is a huge understatement. It will take a LOT to win the community back after what happend to one of our members. Videos, real dynos, more real dynos, quality, honesty, more videos, 1/4 mile time slips, etc.

Quote:
After our ordeal with KO Performance we decided to create our own website and market the product ourselves. The website is new and underdeveloped but we plan on making a posting when our website is ready.

The only problem is that Joe Ghattas referred me to your website http://eatonm3.com in November. At that time, it was also called KO Performance Developement and not Midnight Autoworks. Granted it has changed in the look, but it is not new. Can you explain this?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:40 AM   #17
pdxmotorhead

There is one on e-bay, I was about to ask if anybody knew any thing about them....

DAVE
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #18
Midnight Autoworks

Default MIdnight Autoworks website

#1 I will be posting close up pictures of the manifold in all angles by tomorrow night, that seems to be priority number one.
#2 I am Joseph Ghattas and I used to answer technical phone calls for KO Performance , I no longer work for KO Performance, I now work at Midnight Autoworks and I am helping them get their web site up and market the supercharger manufacture direct, after KO attempted to manufacture their own kit and called it a "revision", I began forwarding customers to the underdeveloped Midnight Autoworks website so they could purchase direct and get a kit that actually works, the other KO Performance sales rep ,Greg, also quit last week because of this "in house" supercharger ordeal. I now work for midnight Autoworks full time and I am prepared to bring to light any of the , dynos, videos ,details about the supercharger that you need before anyone here makes a decision.
#3 Because of the damage done to the name or reputation around our supercharger kit, I am offering one member, any member, any where in the U.S. the following:
We will fly to you with our stage 3 supercharger kit, let you inspect the parts completely, then we will install the system on your car from a-z and you drive the car and if you are not 100% satisfied with the kit we will uninstall it , return your car to stock absolutely free we go home and you haven’t spent a penny, if you are satisfied with the kit and completely blown away by the power of your car, you can buy the kit for $3,399 and the installation is free, we go home and you confirm to the forum that the kit is everything we promised.
Midnight Autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:09 AM   #19
lkwd318ti

Quote:
#1 I will be posting close up pictures of the manifold in all angles by tomorrow night, that seems to be priority number one.
#2 I am Joseph Ghattas and I used to answer technical phone calls for KO Performance , I no longer work for KO Performance, I now work at Midnight Autoworks and I am helping them get their web site up and market the supercharger manufacture direct, after KO attempted to manufacture their own kit and called it a "revision", I began forwarding customers to the underdeveloped Midnight Autoworks website so they could purchase direct and get a kit that actually works, the other KO Performance sales rep ,Greg, also quit last week because of this "in house" supercharger ordeal. I now work for midnight Autoworks full time and I am prepared to bring to light any of the , dynos, videos ,details about the supercharger that you need before anyone here makes a decision.
#3 Because of the damage done to the name or reputation around our supercharger kit, I am offering one member, any member, any where in the U.S. the following:
We will fly to you with our stage 3 supercharger kit, let you inspect the parts completely, then we will install the system on your car from a-z and you drive the car and if you are not 100% satisfied with the kit we will uninstall it , return your car to stock absolutely free we go home and you haven’t spent a penny, if you are satisfied with the kit and completely blown away by the power of your car, you can buy the kit for $3,399 and the installation is free, we go home and you confirm to the forum that the kit is everything we promised.
Hehe cool!
I kinda like the sound of #3 there...
I'm down for it lol.

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
HuGo

Sounds good, dusten, u got any other Ti's laying around? To bad i aint got money or else id try it. Hey midnight auto, u guys finance?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
nuvolarossa

Are you the same guys of the old site z3power? The logos are the same.
nuvolarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #22
Midnight Autoworks

Yes same guys, back when it was just on the z3's and we were using the modified stock manifolds and fuel pressure regulators, that kit worked but wasnt as good as Downing Atlanta and not nearly as good as the kit we have today.
Z3power.com was getting less then 50 visitors per month and anyone who looked at the site was not impresed, so we took our kit to KO and offered them a nice margin on the supercharger kit, they thought the kit looked easy to reproduce on their own and decided to make it in house, etc.................
So now we are going to :market ,sell, and assemble and tech support the kit our selves and deliver top notch kits and customer service and win the 318ti forums trust.
Midnight Autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #23
nuvolarossa

Quote:
Yes same guys, back when it was just on the z3's and we were using the modified stock manifolds and fuel pressure regulators, that kit worked but wasnt as good as Downing Atlanta and not nearly as good as the kit we have today.
Z3power.com was getting less then 50 visitors per month and anyone who looked at the site was not impresed, so we took our kit to KO and offered them a nice margin on the supercharger kit, they thought the kit looked easy to reproduce on their own and decided to make it in house, etc.................
So now we are going to :market ,sell, and assemble and tech support the kit our selves and deliver top notch kits and customer service and win the 318ti forums trust.
I have a question: on the stages 2&3 what "air mass meter" do you use? Or just from what car? The pins are the same of the original Air mass meter unit connector?
nuvolarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #24
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
You have a lot of work ahead of you. I think everyone on this forum is going to be VERY skeptical of any new product. BTW - I replied back to your personal email address.

Take a look at the KO supercharger threads, if you haven't already. L84THSKY purchased one and just got refunded recently. I think your best bet would be to give L84THSKY a smokin' deal on your setup, since he is ready to buy.

L84THSKY - I believe you dealt directly with Joe. What are your thoughts?

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #25
L84THSKY

No doubt I am the one who should get this no strings install offer.

Joe called me last night and gave me his pitch. I'm curious if anyone sees any holes in his story. I'm gonna leave it up to you guys who are most skeptical of this kit. If you guys think I should go ahead, then I will.

But like alot of people said, get pictures and alot of technical data out for all to see, before you waste a plane trip to NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
You have a lot of work ahead of you. I think everyone on this forum is going to be VERY skeptical of any new product. BTW - I replied back to your personal email address.

Take a look at the KO supercharger threads, if you haven't already. L84THSKY purchased one and just got refunded recently. I think your best bet would be to give L84THSKY a smokin' deal on your setup, since he is ready to buy.

L84THSKY - I believe you dealt directly with Joe. What are your thoughts?

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #26
L84THSKY

If you wanna make good, here is my offer.

1. You come up to NY with a stage III kit.
2. After the kit is installed and working, you go home.
3. You wait 6 months to see that the reliability holds up; no failures.
4. After 6 months I pay you for a stage II kit, not a stage III.

The free install is for your benefit; you can take all the pictures you like. If you want it dynoed, then by all means. The stage III at stage II price is for my benefit. Then, I got a good deal, after all the **** I went through.

Quote:
Because of the damage done to the name or reputation around our supercharger kit, I am offering one member, any member, any where in the U.S. the following:

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #27
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
If you wanna make good, here is my offer.

1. You come up to NY with a stage III kit.
2. After the kit is installed and working, you go home.
3. You wait 6 months to see that the reliability holds up; no failures.
4. After 6 months I pay you for a stage II kit, not a stage III.

The free install is for your benefit; you can take all the pictures you like. If you want it dynoed, then by all means. The stage III at stage II price is for my benefit. Then, I got a good deal, after all the **** I went through.
I second L8's request. This seems very fair. If you want to sell these supercharger kits, you need to have at least one VERY satisfied customer. L8 is about as anal as they come, so this is to your advantage.

I don't know that you will need 6 months to test the kit however. This needs to be mutually beneficial, so I would suggest 1 month of testing on your car, then report back and pay for the kit.

Midnight - If you have a hang $3k out on the line for a month to sell these kits, your getting a hell of a deal. Assuming they are as high quality as you say they are.

L8 - If this goes through, I suggest a before and after dyno on your car with air/fuel monitoring. There are many dynos with the DASC, so I'd like to see how these two units compare.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #28
96cali

I also think 6 mos is extreme- maybe 30 or 60 days.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #29
weezer

Default Pat on the back

.....HEY don't I at least get a pat on the back for semi-discovering this?....heh heh heh...LOL

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #30
andyman7931

if L8 gets this deal and is happy, you can put me down for purchasing a kit. Within the next few months I'll be buying a kit, for now it's probably going to be a DASC, but if there's a good alternative, I'm open.

I still haven't gotten my car yet. on Fri I'm flying up to MA to pick it up. I'm so excited. I hate paying for something and not getting to play with it.
andyman7931 is offline   Reply With Quote