318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,226 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,063 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,458 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #16
Rasjgo101

so far I've been doing a little research in the best place I seen to get the sc14 supercharger is off of eBay do you have a better source or do you know of a better Source can point me in the right direction I'm interested in going big or going home
Rasjgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #17
MisterM52

Thumbs up Eaton M45/M62 final drafts done

Hello Everyone,

After many days of labor, as of tonight the Eaton M45/M62 based designs final technical drawing whiteprint drafts are complete. Next week it is going to our 3D modeling & CAD team, then the final prototyping. We should be able to release the finals by late August. I will get back to you all at some stage tomorrow.

Far the days come..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190628_215315.jpg Views:	675 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	17722  

Last edited by MisterM52; 06-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.
MisterM52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #18
niceguyeddie

Do you need a downpayment on one to help the process?
niceguyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #19
Rasjgo101

Boy oh boy
Can't wait to see this happen
And I love the fact that you're trying to keep it at a great price point that way you can get a lot of people involved in purchasing this kit
Old 06-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #20
Beemernut

Vehicles

Will there be a significant difference between the cost of a kit that uses the bottom half of the manifold for the Eatons vs one that retains the stock manifold fully?

Last edited by Beemernut; 06-28-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: wording
Beemernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #21
Rasjgo101

������this is great
I was wondering the Same thing too
Old 06-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #22
MisterM52

Thumbs up

Hey again guys, thanks for all your support, So let me get back to the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenjnick View Post
If you ever need a test monkey M42 in NJ, im your guy hoping to save a little cash and play with this kit. As always it looks great on that little motor haha. Im really enjoying watching this progress and I appreciate your support for the 4 cylinder crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there, an M42 and near NJ? I think I will take you up on the offer, I was looking for a few folks to try out different superchargers. Tell you what, I would like you to try the Eaton kit and use the M62 (same SC used on the DASC).

See if you can find the M62 from a Mercedes Kompressor from local yards or part guys, they are plenty usually.

Meanwhile, if you cant, we will supply you with a unit to test. Now you are about an hour away from the HMW K.C. workshop in Vineland, NJ. So we will just double check if we have one laying around, if so you can go pick it up from the chief engineer Keith there. Just be sure to return it afterwards.

If you like then drop me a line and we will work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post

You have my attention. I will be sending you a PM with some questions.

Thank you my man, I got your PM, I have some suggestions to make most out of what you got instead of spending more money(anywhere including us). I will write to you later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieNZ View Post
Just looking at the list of SC's, will you be doing one for the M90?
Hey Ollie! Well the M45/M62 brackets are actually an adapter away from the M90 from the Jag or even something larger. I haven't got plans to incorporate it till maybe later in the year depending on how these setups go. But really its about mounting the M90 adapter on top of the current brackets to make it work. The M90 used should be the ones from the Jaguar, Aston Martin or the Ford Thunderbird as they are short bodied. Also you will certainly need a hood scoop for an M62 or m90 as it will sit quite high. Maybe one of those muscle car hood scopes will go well with these cars. But if you are making more power than a Z4 3L. Why not.

But yes if you like, we could work something out. But watch out, The other downside is the M90 is slightly larger (40-50cc or so) than the SC14 and about 10% more efficient. You can easily blow up our little M44/M42 with them if you are not careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasjgo101 View Post
I'm super super stoked about this I can't wait to get in I would love to be picked from the bunch I definitely want to be the guinea pig ear
What kind of a car did you have there? I could use a few testers. I can take you in. We can work it out late July.

Quote:
so far I've been doing a little research in the best place I seen to get the sc14 supercharger is off of eBay do you have a better source or do you know of a better Source can point me in the right direction I'm interested in going big or going home
There are a few sources, we usually supply ours from the UK but airmail takes a hit. On Ebay they come up time to time, this is a store who list them often at good rates - http://www.ebaystores.com/foreignengines and we have bought from them before.

There is also AliExpress - where I suggest anyone looking for the AMR500 grab theirs as they are going at a good rate ($180 shipped)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32289771813.html

There is also the TVS Eaton
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32662649749.html

the TVS R410 is around the same size as an AMR500 (~500CC so only good for maybe ~5PSI at most) But more efficient and used in the new Volvo twin charged engine. This should work with our Eaton M62/M90 brackets if adapted, but not yet officially supported just like the M90.

That said, if buying the SC14 from Aliexpress, ask for the actual blower's picture so you know the condition. Of if you are really interested let me know and we will work something out.

Quote:
Boy oh boy
Can't wait to see this happen
And I love the fact that you're trying to keep it at a great price point that way you can get a lot of people involved in purchasing this kit
Thank you! We want it to be something that is realistic, affordable and anyone can do, making great savings while we can still make a profit to keep offering the public what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
Do you need a downpayment on one to help the process?
Hey there! thats quite alright as we finance all projects ourselves. But much appreciated. That said however if you would like to test things out, I can offer a 50% off when I have the final prototypes and supply the kit, you grab the blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemernut View Post
Will there be a significant difference between the cost of a kit that uses the bottom half of the manifold for the Eatons vs one that retains the stock manifold fully?
Hey there! So there wont be any difference, all will be priced the same just around a $1K-$1.2K shipped all powder coated with accessories. I intend to make the AMR500 kit cost a lot less as it has less parts we need to manufacture.

But overall there will be 3 main kits, one for the AMR500, second the SC14, both of them retain the stock manifold. If anyone who bought the AMR500 eventually want to upgrade to the SC14, we will cut down the price half and upgrade them) so that way they dont pay more than its worth.

Then the third setup will be for the Eaton M45 & M62, for the eatons we will be using a mini plenum adapter (hence only top half needs to be removed for eatons) Anyone who wishes to try the M45/M62 will get a kit that fits either one of these.

------------------------------

Anyone here have any GM M90's locally? I think they are abundant and if I could make it fit, it could make things easier for a lot of people in the future who want even bigger power although I dont say take the boost any more than 8PSI on a stock motor, specially not without a proper tune.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:33 PM   #23
niceguyeddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post

Hey there! thats quite alright as we finance all projects ourselves. But much appreciated. That said however if you would like to test things out, I can offer a 50% off when I have the final prototypes and supply the kit, you grab the blower.

Count me in. Need me to PM or email you?
niceguyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #24
MisterM52

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
Count me in. Need me to PM or email you?
Done, Drop me a PM when you have the time, I cant take more than 3 testers (as then I will have to make more final prototypes and lose money).

Once I have the brackets and do some testing of my own and approve, then we will talk about payment and shipping (late July). But I will try to keep it at $500 -$600 shipped and all just to cover production and shipping. Grab yourself a blower locally (the yards sell the eatons very cheap- just need the right one) and then do a log. That's all I ask.

So, 1 In. I need 2 more testers. Aiming for Late July. Want M44 and M42.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:38 AM   #25
thenjnick

Acquiring a blower before then is probably not likely for me ill keep an eye out for a good deal however. Sounds like a good time playing with one of these kits

thenjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:42 AM   #26
MisterM52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenjnick View Post
Acquiring a blower before then is probably not likely for me ill keep an eye out for a good deal however. Sounds like a good time playing with one of these kits

We can supply an M62 at no extra charge - should have a spare, use it till you find your own? But I will need you to try it on the M42 of course. If that works and you can do some quick bolt on tests and later a build. We can work it out.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:40 AM   #27
thenjnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
We can supply an M62 at no extra charge - should have a spare, use it till you find your own? But I will need you to try it on the M42 of course. If that works and you can do some quick bolt on tests and later a build. We can work it out.

Im in, whatever I can do to help. Im sure we can work something out.

thenjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #28
OllieNZ

You've got me tossing up whether to take you up on the offer of testing for you vs my original TC plan

My biggest issue is SC sizing. Ideally I want to run around 350rwhp but with the possibility of turning the wick up to some where around 450rwhp even for just a short time. I will be running an IC, and any other mods needed to support the power.
OllieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #29
Beemernut

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieNZ View Post
You've got me tossing up whether to take you up on the offer of testing for you vs my original TC plan

My biggest issue is SC sizing. Ideally I want to run around 350rwhp but with the possibility of turning the wick up to some where around 450rwhp even for just a short time. I will be running an IC, and any other mods needed to support the power.
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but at those power levels you might want to consider if it would be more cost effective to do an M5x swap and turbo it on stock internals, as I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do an all-out engine build to support that power on an M42.
Beemernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #30
OllieNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemernut View Post
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but at those power levels you might want to consider if it would be more cost effective to do an M5x swap and turbo it on stock internals, as I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do an all-out engine build to support that power on an M42.
Now that you mention it, it just so happens I've got a spare M44 and an M47 crank sat in my shed
OllieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote