10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,002,822 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #16
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Dude, Steve's been cool enough to let us use the regional forum on this site to organize our monthly meets. Let's just keep things simple and stay part of the group. 318ti.org is the best forum I've ever been part of and I really don't want to ruin a good thing. As for a SocalTiCarClub, well we already sort of have that. We're the 318ti.org California Chapter. As much as we use this site, we should all be Supporters. Everyone should cough up 10 bucks and become Supporters. Atleast that way we'll all have the decals. I'm sure that if enough people showed interest, Steven would arrange to have a few shirts made or atleast give permission to use the site logo on our shirts.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #17
HuGo

Im not trying to seperate us from the org. Im trying to make things a little easier on everyone. Saving steve's space, not making a new thread every month, or a new thread for different stuff you know what i mean? Remember, you guys asked me, if every month i was going to start a new thread, and i said i dont think steve would like me making a new thread every months. And thats why i created the forum i did, so that we can use that forum for all that stuff.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:36 AM   #18
SoCalpinoy86

I like the idea of a local 318ti club.... although I've been pretty busy with school so I'd just make it to some of the monthly meets... I'm definitely going to try for next month... but even then my next quarter of classes have already started. I kind of just like being part of this general group of ti owners... and in terms of a local club I'm not sure how dedicated to it I could be but I can guarantee my support for one.
SoCalpinoy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 AM   #19
HuGo

When you guys sign up, to make it easier on everyone, use the same usernames.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:50 AM   #20
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
Im not trying to seperate us from the org. Im trying to make things a little easier on everyone. Saving steve's space, not making a new thread every month, or a new thread for different stuff you know what i mean? Remember, you guys asked me, if every month i was going to start a new thread, and i said i dont think steve would like me making a new thread every months. And thats why i created the forum i did, so that we can use that forum for all that stuff.
I don't even know why I am bothering to reply, but. . .
Threads take up very little space. It's all in a database.
What loads down boards are system resources.
Many people online at the same time. Many searches at once.
We are nowhere near having a problem here.
Your new forum duplicates technical sections, I'm not sure why.
A local event could easily be posted as a sticky here.
Any mod here would be happy to stick it.
It doesn't bother me if you have your own forum.
You'll see what it's like to be on the otherside. Good luck.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #21
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
I don't even know why I am bothering to reply, but. . .
Threads take up very little space. It's all in a database.
What loads down boards are system resources.
Many people online at the same time. Many searches at once.
We are nowhere near having a problem here.
Your new forum duplicates technical sections, I'm not sure why.
A local event could easily be posted as a sticky here.
Any mod here would be happy to stick it.
It doesn't bother me if you have your own forum.
You'll see what it's like to be on the otherside. Good luck.
hehe. Yea i dont know why i put the tech section. I was just trying to make it look nice i guess. And as i was thinking, ill probably take that out since the purpose of the forum is more of a get together thing. But yea, now that i think about it, theres no use of that section since i doubt there will be more than 40 peole registered to it. Ill leave the for sale section for us local to use.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #22
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
A team? Will you have matching jerseys?

LMAO
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #23
PettitWC

i think it separates us too much from everybody else when we can just post stuff on here and keep it simple

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:58 AM   #24
Mothman

Vehicles

Hey Chris your Redskin Youtubes don't work on yourspace.

Mothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettitWC View Post
i think it separates us too much from everybody else when we can just post stuff on here and keep it simple

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #25
PettitWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
Hey Chris your Redskin Youtubes don't work on yourspace.

Mothman
yeah, i don't know what the deal is, i gotta fix that

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 AM   #26
jaimito79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Dude, Steve's been cool enough to let us use the regional forum on this site to organize our monthly meets. Let's just keep things simple and stay part of the group. 318ti.org is the best forum I've ever been part of and I really don't want to ruin a good thing. As for a SocalTiCarClub, well we already sort of have that. We're the 318ti.org California Chapter. As much as we use this site, we should all be Supporters. Everyone should cough up 10 bucks and become Supporters. Atleast that way we'll all have the decals. I'm sure that if enough people showed interest, Steven would arrange to have a few shirts made or atleast give permission to use the site logo on our shirts.
If been reading all the post to get me up to par. Hugo, you're young and have a lot of time on your hands. I think its pertty cool what your trying to do to keep the California members united. But, I have to agree will Cooljess76. As for me, I just became apart of this community, and I owned my car for almost 6 year. I really love this forum, and so far the people I have met have been awsome. The meet was a sucess to me. For the first time ever 318ti's got together and I was apart of that. Like Cooljess said, we're basically the California Chapter. I'm gona pitch in $10 and become a site supporter. You see that Steve is willing to help out in whatever he can. It's alot of work to run a forum, I'm sure. Lets just get together when we can an have fun. Don't get discouraged if things to go the way they may get planned. Other ideas will spark for the one's people like yourself come up with. Big or small, I'm apart of an awsome community. I did think the Socal 318ti forum was pertty cool bro. By the way, when are you guys comming to my pad to install your suspension? Lets set a date so we can rent the fender roller.
jaimito79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #27
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimito79 View Post
By the way, when are you guys comming to my pad to install your suspension? Lets set a date so we can rent the fender roller.
I think me and my dad will just end up doing the suspension ourselves. My dad has done everything on my car and i thought about it, and id like to keep it that way. He already asked me when the springs are coming and when are we doing the swap and i didnt want to tell him "someone else is doing it for me" I dont want him to think that i believe he wont do a good job. And i already told this to jess. My dad has been a mechanic for maybe aslong as ive been born or longer. He works on 16 passenger busses as his job at his job. So working on my car is like a piece of cake. Plus he loves working on cars all the time.

But, if we have too, im still down to rent the roller fender, and we can set a date for that.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 06-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #28
lazoh

Guys! HuGo is a true trooper! he wants us to be in the map and its all good! I would suggest that we at least give it a try and see if it works, my other idea is (and I was just thinking about this today!) to have our own webpage! I feel the same way about 318ti.org, I met you guys in here and I will continue to meet more people here. Let's discuss these ideas further and see where they take us. Just my 0.02 cents and HuGo, thank you for the effort bro!
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #29
jaimito79

I'll ask Cooljess when would be a good time. Maybe, just maybe for the next meet, after we return. I know it will be time consuming to do three cars or more. But still I'm guessing that'll be a good time.
jaimito79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #30
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Guys! HuGo is a true trooper! he wants us to be in the map and its all good! I would suggest that we at least give it a try and see if it works, my other idea is (and I was just thinking about this today!) to have our own webpage! I feel the same way about 318ti.org, I met you guys in here and I will continue to meet more people here. Let's discuss these ideas further and see where they take us. Just my 0.02 cents and HuGo, thank you for the effort bro!
No problem chapin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimito79 View Post
I'll ask Cooljess when would be a good time. Maybe, just maybe for the next meet, after we return. I know it will be time consuming to do three cars or more. But still I'm guessing that'll be a good time.
I forgot to mention along with the suspension swap, im doing my brakes swap too. And if i can find flanges and halfshafts, then the LSD will go in too.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...