318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,408 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,279 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #31
vsonix

Vehicles

So apparently the 5GT has made only 50% of expected sales so they are trying to see if an M Sport version will do any better than the existing versions. Looks OK I think but could do with other wheels.

FWIW I think BMW's core appeal is tied in with the M-Sport brand and people that want outright spongey luxury tend to favour MB as these days even the more lux-oriented BMs seem to be quite firm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	BMW-5-Series-GT-M-Sport-Pack-3.jpg Views:	132 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	11607   Click image for larger version Name:	BMW-5-Series-GT-M-Sport-Pack-1.jpg Views:	139 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	11608  
vsonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #32
Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
Not the only hatchback. Just the only one called a hatchback.

There is also the Z3/Z4 Coupe.
BMW still sells hatchbacks in the rest of the world . It's ironic that 10 years later hatchbacks are becoming more popular and the 4 cylinder is the engine of choice in the US. Meanwhile, BMW is trying to stay luxury in the US by not offering a decent entry level compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwoof View Post
97e36ti, the guy who ragged on your car is a jerk, plain and simple. We know the 318ti is a great car, otherwise we would not have bought one. Right?

And anybody who uses "gay" as an insult just proves he's a tool. I don't get how that's supposed to be a bad thing.
Completely agree. Too many people associate gay with stupid rather than what it really means, cheery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsonix View Post
So apparently the 5GT has made only 50% of expected sales so they are trying to see if an M Sport version will do any better than the existing versions. Looks OK I think but could do with other wheels.

FWIW I think BMW's core appeal is tied in with the M-Sport brand and people that want outright spongey luxury tend to favour MB as these days even the more lux-oriented BMs seem to be quite firm.
I don't usually like 5 series but that one really takes the cake .
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #33
bullmand

I'm not surprised by the lower than expected sales of the GT thing. I don't think that folks that want a 5 Series want the hatch feature and the 5 Series wagon buyers don't want this thing because it doesn't have the space they want. The price is a little out of control as well, but that's true of pretty much all the BMWs we can get anymore.

There's more than a little irony in the fact that they sold the GT here anyway given BMW NA's assertion that Americans won't buy hatchbacks. I believe that was the official excuse for us not getting the E46 Compact and probably the 1 Series as well. Although at this point I suspect it has more to do with competing with Mini than anything else.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
2ndBimmer

The 5GT is weird. Sat in one in Carmax the other day. Not a bad place to be but I think BMW is trying to bisect and trisect and quadrasect (?!) the lines between a sedan and an SUV too much now. I like the 3 and the 5, I like the X3 and X5, and even the X6 but they are cutting the slices too thin now.

PS. People ragging on the Ti are toolbags.
225/50/16's Yokohama Advan S4's
Panasonic 70Wx4 CD/MP3 player + 4x Alpine 6x9's rear
2ndBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #35
Bloodrunsdry

Don't forget about the 1 series hatchback but it did not make its way to the states. As for bf.c members... I don't tend to go any place on bf.c besides the F/I section. The guys know what they are talking about and can normally give answers to any question asked. Everyone else seems to be BMW fan-boys or purists that are just stupid and could not figure out how to change there own tire's but will tell you how crappy your car is compared to there's. my 2c.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #36
vsonix

Vehicles

apparently there's gonna be an F30 3er GT, I can imagine that being quite a nice car actually, pitched to compete with the likes of Vauxhall (opel/buick/GM) Insignia and Ford Mondeo hatches.
vsonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
weloveiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97e36ti View Post
what up with people who drive like m3, other cars like bmw beside 318ti talk bad things about 318ti?...... I don't have freaky money like those guy who have big money, I'm still in school, have 4 kids at home, married, have bills to pay, i can't afford m3 like i always dream of.
1st - They just be haters. We will always have 'em. Ignore them.

2nd - Change you "dream car" to a ti, either the same one or different, that's been built up & kicks M3 ass.

I too have 4 kids & plenty of other outlets for my precious pennies.
But I've seen some ti's on this forum that make me drool.
"You know who you are...lucky bastards!"
weloveiggy is offline   Reply With Quote