10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,312,138 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 06-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #1
czar

Default 1996 318ti with <78k for sale near Poughkeepsie, NY

Looking to sell my '96 318ti. It's green with beige/tan leather interior. It has cold A/C, trip computer, power windows and locks, sunroof, alloy wheels, sunroof, push button start, and lots more. I purchased this car 2 years ago with about 55k on it. Since then, I've done a complete tune-up, recently replaced the plugs, replaced the O2 sensor, replaced the hatch shocks, and completed oil changes every 2500-3000 miles.

Overall, the car is in really good shape. With only 77,xxx miles, the engine runs strong and starts right up. Since changing the O2 sensor (check engine light was on indicating oxygen sensor), performance is better. Around town, I'm averaging 30-32 mpg, and on the highway, I'm getting about 35 mpg.

Right after I purchased it, the lock cylinder went on the ignition, so installed a push button start (with help from el presidente at bmw-forums) complete with relay, so it's solid. There's an illuminated orange (matches interior lights) push button start and a toggle switch to turn car on and off. It works flawlessly and actually (IMO), makes the car more interesting. Currently, both the toggle and PB are located in the blank rear window spaces in the center console.

The interior is in nice shape. The leather is slightly rough on the side of driver and passenger seats - no rips or tears, just from use/friction. The trip computer works well, as does most everyting else. The only known issue with the car is that the sunroof is not working correctly; however, I just ordered a new sunroof motor which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I think that should do the trick.

I have a new set of ignition wires, one more oil filter and the matching BMW filter socket (for removal and install). Car is in great shape, handles well, is a blast to drive, and gets great mpg.

I'm selling car because I'm relocating to Helsinki, Finland at the end of the summer. Car is located in Amenia, NY, east of Poughkeepsie, <2 hours directly north of NYC off Rt. 22.

If anyone is seriously interested, I'll get you some photos and/or you may come to see it. I run a summer camp, so I'm looking to sell the car before camp starts. Book value is somewhere between $6000-$9000 with its low miles, so make an offer. I'm motivated

I've taken great care of the car, and have done a lot of the maintanace myself, so I'm pretty familiar with everything. Let me know if you have any question. With the exception of the PB start, this car is completely stock, so it's perfect for somene who wants to mod from scratch or someone who would like a stock 318ti.

I know Im new around here, but I've been involved with bmw-forums for awhile. I would definitely keep this car if I weren't moving -- it's a great piece of machinery. Make an offer, I'm a reasonable person!

bnpowers@gmail.com is the best way to contact me

Thanks,
Ben
Old 06-11-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
ctborder

Can you email some pictures to ctborder@yahoo.com

I am in Lake George, NY this summer and am looking for a nice reliable car.
Closed Thread