318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Personal bios and Introductions

Notices

Personal bios and Introductions A short personal history.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 971,965 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
bunks-tj

Default NO BMW

Good morning folks.

I am not currently an owner of a 318 or a BMW of any kind however I have been lurking here, on and off, for a while. I have had Saab’s, and Audi’s in the past and I am currently driving a Jeep wrangler. I love the jeep and will never get rid of it but as it gets bigger the mileage goes down and I have been looking for a little car to zip around in for a while. The 318 came up on my short list of possibilities. I have always loved the 318ti ever since a friend of mine had one when we were in HS. I have also been hanging out with some guys that are into autocross and was thinking that a 318ti might be a suitable car for that sort of weekend fun too.

I am open to any and all criticism, ideas, and or advice you on the forum are willing to give me. As far as I am concerned, all information is good information.

Thanks again guys.

Liam
bunks-tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
tiFreak

Vehicles

welcome, the ti is a good little autocross car with some simple suspension upgrades
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

welcome liam! as brendan said the ti is a fun auto-x car with suspension, and also an LSD, though some come with it you would have to look really hard to find one with an LSD already in it or buy one with an open diff and put an LSD in.

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
bunks-tj

yeah turning it over into an auto-x would be a slow process for me. for now it would be an around town car. the jeep gets about 14mpg . 318 has to do better than that..

seems like 318ti's pop up here in the DC area a lot but then disappear real quick again. since i have been on here today i found at a local delaer that has one that wasnt listed a few days ago. but they have it listed for a different price on CL than on their webpage. i am going to email them and see what the deal is. on CL its listed for 3k and dealerpage lists it for 4K
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...690031126.html
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
THAT318

hack job on the bumper to fit that dual tip on there but its not a bad looking car. and im sure they put it on craigslist at a lower price to atract attention call them and say u saw it on craigslist for 3 grand and you wont pay more :P
THAT318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
bunks-tj

i might go check it out this week. maybe i should start a thread about it get it out of the intro forum.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
MPWR

Welcome! Don't forget to try the Koolaid.

That would be an incredible deal on that car in this area- especially from that dealer. If you're interested, take a look at it NOW. Unless there is something wrong with it, it will not me around long. If it was in decent shape, I would expect BMW of Fairfax to charge $5000 for that car, and get it.

Join BMWCCA NCC. The DC area chapter is very likely the best car club in the world. Seriously, check it out.

'97 318ti M-Sport
'95 M3
BMWCCA
MPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
bunks-tj

wow i am surprised that they would go for that much. seems like this one is a base model right? i guess everything in dc is more expencive. i am not in a super hurry to buy, but i am always looking for a good deal. i am going to move this over to a new thread. thanks for the healp already
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
bunks-tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPWR View Post

That would be an incredible deal on that car in this area- especially from that dealer. If you're interested, take a look at it NOW. Unless there is something wrong with it, it will not me around long. If it was in decent shape, I would expect BMW of Fairfax to charge $5000 for that car, and get it.

Join BMWCCA NCC. The DC area chapter is very likely the best car club in the world. Seriously, check it out.
thanks for the link. i think i have to be a member to register for that forum tho right? ha ha i dont even have the BMW yet. good info about BMW of FFX. i guess everything in the DC area is expencive huh. i am not sure i would be as interested in THAT ti for 5k. at that pricepoint i think i need a sunroof.

wonder why they have it marked below what they could get for it.. that makes me nervous. i think i am going to try to get down there and check it out anyway
Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
bunks-tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPWR View Post

i did get registered over there. thanks for the link
Old 04-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
THAT318

wow umm just noticed that the driver side has been hit. look at how its still damaged.
THAT318 is offline   Reply With Quote