318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 983,734 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-13-2007, 04:37 AM   #31
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnosker View Post
Hugo, that's a ridiculous statement. Not everyone's stupid... and most people have taken geography. Afghanistan is well known because of its wars with the USSR and previous history with neighboring countries. Iraq is well known since the early 1900's when England gave them up after not being able to control them, the takeover/control of Saddam Hussein in the mid-1900's, WMD production in the late 80's and now... don't say stuff you can't back up. While not all of us are smart enough to go to community college, more than "nobody" knows geography and has heard of those two countries.
What i meant was people know it more now than they did before. You know like, did they knew iraq was there as much as the whole world knows about the US.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:51 AM   #32
ChItalian1027

Vehicles
Default iraq

hey angel r u in the army, navy, or the marines?? also dude that sucks that u leave in 27 days!! good luck over there!! i would sell the ti for over 5k maybe 6 judging by the mods!! good luck and come back safe!!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 AM   #33
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass95318ti View Post
hey angel r u in the army, navy, or the marines?? also dude that sucks that u leave in 27 days!! good luck over there!! i would sell the ti for over 5k maybe 6 judging by the mods!! good luck and come back safe!!
you forgot to mention the air force? you got something against the are force? whats wrong with the air force? lol jk.

I think he said hes a soldier.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #34
zboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnosker View Post
Hugo, that's a ridiculous statement. Not everyone's stupid... and most people have taken geography. Afghanistan is well known because of its wars with the USSR and previous history with neighboring countries. Iraq is well known since the early 1900's when England gave them up after not being able to control them, the takeover/control of Saddam Hussein in the mid-1900's, WMD production in the late 80's and now... don't say stuff you can't back up. While not all of us are smart enough to go to community college, more than "nobody" knows geography and has heard of those two countries.
Umm. . .pnosker, unfortunately, 50% or more of the population do fit Hugo's characterization. You are lucky to live where most people are possessed of more than average intelligence.

And while most of us (assuming we're 18+) have taken at least one geography class, based on my experience, a lot of kids barely learned anything while they were taking it and promptly forgot what they did learn afterwards.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #35
ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboot View Post
Umm. . .pnosker, unfortunately, 50% or more of the population do fit Hugo's characterization. You are lucky to live where most people are possessed of more than average intelligence.

And while most of us (assuming we're 18+) have taken at least one geography class, based on my experience, a lot of kids barely learned anything while they were taking it and promptly forgot what they did learn afterwards.

Sad but true. I'm going to be a Junior @ Wentworth Inst of Technology this coming September. When I look back at my public education from K-12 and how I learned that kids from poorer cities nearby would register themselves with relatives from our city to go to our schools (which they were cracking down on) I could only imagine how bad their schools were. I think the schools I went to pretty much failed @ "No Child Left Behind". Whether or not they failed, they still got pushed through the system due to space constraints. So I do consider myself very lucky to have received a well rounded education and the drive to learn more.
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #36
HuGo

Retard's mission should have been called "child stay behind" it made it worse than how it was.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #37
angel318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass95318ti View Post

I'm in the Army for 10 years now. Halfway done. I'll retire by the age of 37. I'm 27 now. I just found out from my mom that she will be moving to the area in one week. That means I don't have to sell the car! I was already getting separation anxiety just from the thought of having to sell the car.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #38
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel318ti View Post
I'm in the Army for 10 years now. Halfway done. I'll retire by the age of 37. I'm 27 now. I just found out from my mom that she will be moving to the area in one week. That means I don't have to sell the car! I was already getting separation anxiety just from the thought of having to sell the car.
I hate anxiety!

So your gonna retire in the army? Thats kool. I was planning to do the same but retire from the air force. Dont you get all kinds of crazy benifits from retiring?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #39
angel318ti

Yes, you get a lot of benefits. to be honest with you, you have way too many plans for your future. You just need to pick one and stick with it.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #40
HuGo

Quote:
Yes, you get a lot of benefits. to be honest with you, you have way too many plans for your future. You just need to pick one and stick with it.
thats the worst advice you can give to someone dude.

Its good to have different ideas. I mean there are people who dont have one clue to what they want to do. Its good to have different ideas so you dont just rely on one and you actually have choices. This is the land of "opportunities" so why should i just think of one and thats it? Being the land of "opportunities" i should take the "advantage" and think of many things until i decide to do one. And i know what im going to do already. I simply said that, that's what i wanted to do but not anymore.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #41
angel318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
thats the worst advice you can give to someone dude.

Its good to have different ideas. I mean there are people who dont have one clue to what they want to do. Its good to have different ideas so you dont just rely on one and you actually have choices. This is the land of "opportunities" so why should i just think of one and thats it? Being the land of "opportunities" i should take the "advantage" and think of many things until i decide to do one. And i know what im going to do already. I simply said that, that's what i wanted to do but not anymore.
OH, you are using the "process of elimination strategy". Not bad I guess. Good way to burn some time while figuring out what you DON'T want to do
Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #42
HuGo

Quote:
OH, you are using the "process of elimination strategy". Not bad I guess. Good way to burn some time while figuring out what you DON'T want to do
Yup. I eliminated all the choices i thought about doing and already doing what im going to do. Not bad for 19. Some people are 30 and still cant figure out a bill.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #43
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

Quote:
i'm glad ur gonna retire in ten years!! good luck in iraq!!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #44
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
Yup. I eliminated all the choices i thought about doing and already doing what im going to do. Not bad for 19.
You are going to sell cars?

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #45
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
You are going to sell cars?
I expected better from you

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...