318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 101,433 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 64,467 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,651 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaVortex View Post
Am I the only one who likes the non-conformist ti dash better than the normal E36 one?
No. I like the ti dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTimeSlime View Post
The dash looks great. The wheels look great, the bumper looks great. The head liner is a little disco for my taste, but whatever you're into man!
I thought the same thing.
The steering wheel reminds me of the Droid logo.
Overall, nicely done.

It does need this hanging from the rear view mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Christmas_disco_ball.jpg Views:	199 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	9922  
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #17
iammagnus

LOL you guys obviously arent a fan of my headliner but I cant stress enough it looks nothing like that pic in person that shot does it no justice. I'm gonna try and get a better pic when I add my writeup.

Nobody has given me any opinions on the approx value of the car? Any opinions or thoughts on an asking prices gents?
iammagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #18
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

The headliner isn't really my style. But my only real issue with it is that you didn't finish it by also covering the sunroof section, and the trim around it.

The problem with valuing a car like yours is that it has so many personalizations that it's actually more difficult to sell than a plain, base model. As you make a car more and more unique your pool of potential buyers shrinks because fewer and fewer people share your taste. Note that I'm not judging your personal taste/style, just pointing out that we're all unique. Of course, some are more unique than others. LOL

As an example... consider someone like me, who has relatively "vanilla" taste for my daily driver. I look at your car and see a several mods that are sincerely pretty cool, but that I'd still have to spend money to change. E.g., the headliner. All those changes add up to "I'd be better off starting from scratch with another less-modded car."

Now, all of the above being said... I have no idea what I'd offer for your car. LOL I agree with the others who've suggested that you find a way to keep it. Perhaps you can utilize your obvious skills/resources to fix up a damaged car or two and sell them for a profit?

EDIT - I'm definitely jealous of the flashlight in the glovebox! :-)

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."

Last edited by roadrash; 05-25-2010 at 11:06 PM.
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
The headliner isn't really my style. But my only real issue with it is that you didn't finish it by also covering the sunroof section, and the trim around it.

The problem with valuing a car like yours is that it has so many personalizations that it's actually more difficult to sell than a plain, base model. As you make a car more and more unique your pool of potential buyers shrinks because fewer and fewer people share your taste. Note that I'm not judging your personal taste/style, just pointing out that we're all unique. Of course, some are more unique than others. LOL

As an example... consider someone like me, who has relatively "vanilla" taste for my daily driver. I look at your car and see a several mods that are sincerely pretty cool, but that I'd still have to spend money to change. E.g., the headliner. All those changes add up to "I'd be better off starting from scratch with another less-modded car."

Now, all of the above being said... I have no idea what I'd offer for your car. LOL I agree with the others who've suggested that you find a way to keep it. Perhaps you can utilize your obvious skills/resources to fix up a damaged car or two and sell them for a profit?

EDIT - I'm definitely jealous of the flashlight in the glovebox! :-)

interesting never thought about it that way. Although honestly I wouldnt say my car is that "personalized" or that heavily modded. Pretty much a mini hellrot M3. I get that some people may not like the red inserts on the steering wheel or the headliner (which has oficially been given a bum rap) but all in all I think anyway is relatively mild its no show car. Thanks everyone for all the input. Still unsure on what to ask for her or if even to let her go.

Writeup hopeflly will be put up tonight for my fellow hatchback brethren.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #20
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
the e36 dash looks like an ordinary dash and adds no character or benefits
One other thought about the benefits of the sedan/coupe dash. With one of those, you can then put in a "double DIN" touchscreen video monitor for your carPC. :-)

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
mdpowered

thats hot! Does it help you pick up girls?
mdpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #22
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpowered View Post
thats hot! Does it help you pick up girls?
why yes it does lil buddy. Your sister wants a ride on my............................. I mean IN MY car!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
mdpowered

Lol
mdpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
Mr.Squeelerz

I'd say 7-8k is a good bottom dollar if it looks this good in person and operates as one would expect it too. There are some unique additions that may not appeal to some, but I IMO its a tasteful looking car. Get rid of the red on the steering wheel....I could live with the rest.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeelerz View Post
I'd say 7-8k is a good bottom dollar if it looks this good in person and operates as one would expect it too. There are some unique additions that may not appeal to some, but I IMO its a tasteful looking car. Get rid of the red on the steering wheel....I could live with the rest.

id say thats bottom dollar for sure. I know its my car and all the time and effort I have into and allt aht jazz tends to inflate peoples asking price but im realist. 7/8k IMO would be bottom dollar. A S52 with 80k on it still fetches a few bucks. half of that 7k is just motor.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #26
Mr. Crow

I would say keep your ti, @ 80K its still a baby. I actually like the cf red headliner, minus the wheel all together.

I would say you could get 7500 to 8k at best but, you should Keep it! you have a really nice ti dude.

imo- someone with 10-15k would prob. end up purchasing an e36 M3 in mint condition for that asking price if they were to compare the two.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #27
iammagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crow View Post
I would say keep your ti, @ 80K its still a baby. I actually like the cf red headliner, minus the wheel all together.

I would say you could get 7500 to 8k at best but, you should Keep it! you have a really nice ti dude.

imo- someone with 10-15k would prob. end up purchasing an e36 M3 in mint condition for that asking price if they were to compare the two.
Yea I guess I'm just gonna keep her.

One of the reasons I decided to put her together is the uniqueness. Dont you ever get tired of going to shows/meets and seeing 50 e36 m3 with the same mods and styling? Your lucky to even see a Ti anymore especially a modded one. I wouldnt pay 10/15k for a e36 m3 that horse is tired IMO. My car is almost literally one of a kind most people dont have the knowhow or money to do what I did.

Anyway thanks for everyones input. Gonna keep her for now.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #28
Mr. Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammagnus View Post
Yea I guess I'm just gonna keep her.

One of the reasons I decided to put her together is the uniqueness. Dont you ever get tired of going to shows/meets and seeing 50 e36 m3 with the same mods and styling? Your lucky to even see a Ti anymore especially a modded one. I wouldnt pay 10/15k for a e36 m3 that horse is tired IMO. My car is almost literally one of a kind most people dont have the knowhow or money to do what I did.

Anyway thanks for everyones input. Gonna keep her for now.
LoL, I have had many conversation's regarding dime o' dozens with more than one individual! Same goes for m3 or ti. IMHO, i feel that most mods are a standard if you will.

As was stated above only a pure enthusiast would truly appreciate your car to justify paying what it could be worth in your eyes. Regardless you have taken extreme care of your car and spent many hours and dollars making it the way you visioned , and it plainly shows. Good luck with it, and we would enjoy more pics of it in the fufture!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #29
ГэВ

Помогите пожалуйста! у Вас на фото compact с торпедой от седана,вроде ! хочу тоже поставить, хочу у Вас узнать там по проводке нужно меня? и по креплениям?"!
ГэВ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #30
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ГэВ View Post
Помогите пожалуйста! у Вас на фото compact с торпедой от седана,вроде ! хочу тоже поставить, хочу у Вас узнать там по проводке нужно меня? и по креплениям?"!
Loose english translation using google

Quote:
Help please! You pictured compact torpedo from a sedan like! I want to put too, I want you to know there on the wiring need me? and fixtures? "!
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote