318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
Yesterday 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 959,356 Views
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,815 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #31
clex2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
right on!
you've been an inspiration to both me and my car.
thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
both your cars look so sweet... really nice.

ot, did you figure out the electrical drain?
Guys, thanks for the kind words. As far as the electric drain and erratic idle, I have a new ICV, intake /throttle body gaskets, and associated rubber hoses ordered. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the ICV is not performing as it should or I have a vacuum leak in the intake. I'll report back once the new parts are in.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #32
clex2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
both your cars look so sweet... really nice. ot, did you figure out the electrical drain?
James, turns out the culprit was a bad ICV. I tried my best to clean the ICV per various threads. I thought I did a thorough job, but I think there still are electrical bits to the ICV that can't be cleaned. After the new ICV went in, the idle problem is gone. Recently it's been >100 degress and I know the radiator fan is kicking in while the AC is on full blast and you can sense a slight drop in the idle when all the ancillaries are on, but the tach needle is rock steady. If the rpm does drop, it's not more than 50 rpm. However, the "idle hunt" that happens when coming off the throttle w/ AC on is still there. It only happens when going a certain speed and the rpm drop hits 1500 right after coming off the gas (this is a slushbox so I doubt this will occur in a manual car). If I'm going faster or slower to where the rpm drop off throttle is not near 1500, the idle hunting does not occur. Very weird.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
indiejack

Vehicles

Look at this guy resurrecting an ooooooooold thread, lol. Did you find the rear bumper on ddmtuning as well? That's the only part I cannot seem to source for my Ti for a reasonable price.

I looked on their site but couldn't find it

http://rivalhousegarage.com/rival-forumsig.jpg
indiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
clex2

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiejack View Post
Look at this guy resurrecting an ooooooooold thread, lol. Did you find the rear bumper on ddmtuning as well? That's the only part I cannot seem to source for my Ti for a reasonable price.

I looked on their site but couldn't find it
Indiejack,

You're out of luck with the rear sport bumper. There has never been a reproduction rear ti sport bumper. You will have to find one used, if you are lucky, or ante up and buy it new. Even used, they can be pricey. However, for the ti, it is a very worthwhile addition as it really transforms the look of the rear end.

OT, I just did a KBB search of the ti and was shocked to find the current value of my ti to be $2270. Just a fews years ago it was about $4K. Don't know if there is a cheaper, more fun, more reliable, or more unique form of daily transportation. I positive that any average joe on the street could net see the ti as a $2000 car. I'll keep driving mine as long as I can.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
Crashaddict

Vehicles

indiejack try ebay.co.uk and PM the seller for shipping quote, thts what i did

Eurotary 313ti-Rx coming soon.....soon is a relative term
Crashaddict is offline   Reply With Quote