318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,220 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 AM   #1
TiPerformance

Default M Coupe seats in a TI??

Does anyone know of M coupe seats will fit in a TI? I know the M coupe is only a 2 seater, so this might make it hard to have people get in and out of the back, but I rarely have anyone back there. I think they look pretty sweet, and they look like they would be comfortable.
TiPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:01 AM   #2
L84THSKY

Default Which seats fit the Ti????????????????

It would be nice if someone listed all of the seats that can be installed in a 318ti. I'm very interested in upgrading mine. Also, whether electric seats can be put in place of manual ones.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
L84THSKY

Default OK, just tell me if THESE seats fit??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33701

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 12-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #4
TiPerformance

I have no Idea if those will work. I got a quote from a salvage yard on the Z3/m coupe seats, and they said $1,000 for the pair. That's a little more than I want to spends right now, so unless I get a better deal I am going to hold off.
TiPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
GDB

I know the M3 seats will fit. I have heard that the Z3 seats set lower to the floor than the other E36 seats but I don't know for sure.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #6
96cali

To my knowledge all e36 seats are interchangable, but yes the z3/m coupe seats sit lower, to my memory.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
schussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
yes they will
18'' Ace Wheels • Pirelli P7000 SS Tires • Bosal Brospeed Exhaust • B&M Short Throw Kit • H&R Sport Springs • Euro Clears • cat delete • Rogue Engineering Clutch Stop • Modded Airbox • blacked out kidney grilles • Suede Headliner/A Pillars

S52 CONVERSION UNDERWAY
schussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:40 AM   #8
L84THSKY

I'm gonna go see those seats this weekend, and if I like, buy them.
If the drivers seat has more wear than the passenger, can I swap the leather and foam side bolsters?

One last thing. If these are not heated seats, mine are, I imagine I could put my heater pads into these seats, any comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schussey
yes they will

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 12-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #9
L84THSKY

Default Bought the Vader Seats...Have Questions!!!!!!!

I bought the seats that were on Ebay. Had to go to NJ to get them, very nice condition. I would like to swap the leather parts on both seats, because the drivers side is slightly more worn.

There are a couple of connectors on the bottom. The guy I bought it from, just bought them from someone else, didn't fit his car. He was told the connectors are for heated seats, and the small one is maybe the seat belt buzzer.

Can anyone verify this has heated seats? My car has heated seats, so I can just do a simple swap. I could just drop the seats in, but would like to swap the leather side to side.

Thanks
Eric

http://www.geocities.com/l84thsky/po...tconnector.JPG http://www.geocities.com/l84thsky/VaderSeats.JPG

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 12-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #10
Beach

Quote:
I bought the seats that were on Ebay.
The seller must have found them then.
Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #11
L84THSKY

The seller was the buyer only a week before. The original seller was from NJ too, and this guy just bought them from him. He tried to fit them in his Corvette, didn't fit. I know this for fact, because I went to his house, and saw his Vette sitting there with no seats. The original seller may not have been the guy with the M3 either, but that is irrelevant.

All I want to know is hot to swap the leather, and see if I have heated seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach
The seller must have found them then.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 12-21-2004, 02:46 AM   #12
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY
I would like to swap the leather parts on both seats, because the drivers side is slightly more worn.
Consider not messing with the swap until you recondition them with some leatherique (www.leatherique.com). You might not notice.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:17 AM   #13
L84THSKY

I called the company about the leather cleaner. He is sending me a cleaning kit. I will use it, then put the seats in. Then he said to match the color, and I can re-dye the vader seats to match the stock seats. Should have them in in a few weeks, pics will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali
Consider not messing with the swap until you recondition them with some leatherique (www.leatherique.com). You might not notice.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 12-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #14
96cali

Cool. Let us know how it turns out, especially the re-dye. Their testimonials are impressive. I used their conditioner on my natural leather couch at home- looks fantastic and so far has lasted longer than previous conditioners.

Old 01-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #15
L84THSKY

Default Dissassembled the Vader seats, what is this thing?????

I removed the bottom seat cushions to aid in cleaning and dying the seats. From looking at the repair manual, it seems the heated seats have red/yellow wiring harnesses. From looking at the bottom of the seat cushions, you can see the harness. Even the base of the frame has a harness, that seems to snake up the back of the seat cushion. There are two other small connectors that go into the seatbelt tensioners.

If you look closely at the pic of the seat bottoms, you can see how the bolster from the drivers seat is worn more than the passenger (driver on right). I plan to switch them, and probably the backs too, if I can get that apart.

The puzzling part is this sensor pad, that looks like a heating element on the plastic shell of the passengers seat. It is ONLY on the passenger seat. By following the wiring, it terminates in this plastic box that is mounted on the underside of the passenger seat.

I found a picture of the part on the online parts website. Not sure if the description is saying it should be on the drivers seat or not. Part #22

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...34&hg=52&fg=25

Since the harnesses that have the red/yellow wires go into the foam between the foam and the leather, they seem to be the heating pads. So this thing is probably not related to the heated seats.

I found some interesting info written on different parts of the seats:

Bottom of seat: "titangrau hell" 8.166.348
Inside of leather: Sachnr: 2 260 640
E-Nr: 8098.F
Datum: 15:09:94
Prufer: Ratz
Bez: Sitz Vorne
Inside foam: 8 391 280

Please look at pics and tell me what you think.

Thanks
Eric

http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/seatsNobottom.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/seatbottoms.JPG http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518...sunderside.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/heaterbox.JPG http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/bottoms.JPG http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/baseconnectors.JPG

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd