05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 999 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
AvusTi

Default WTB: OEM Exhaust

the original exhaust for my car has broken. Looking to by a OEM exhaust before I sell my ti.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
branden

I made a thread about this a week ago and didn't get any help.

You are going to want a new exhaust if you want it to look good and have a nice life.

This is the best deal I could find. $280, shipped.
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...fler/Resonator

Eberspaecher is oem. The ANSA is kinda junky, from what I've been told.

Also, you may want to check realoem for any other hangers/bolts/springs you may need to complete the install. Mostly everything is available on that site though.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
mohaughn

Can we get a mod to delete the last 5 posts? They add nothing to this thread. This stuff is really getting old.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:52 AM   #4
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Can we get a mod to delete the last 5 posts? They add nothing to this thread. This stuff is really getting old.
Done.

Avus Ti -

There was just a big group buy on an aftermarket exhaust system so there might be some coming for sale soon, I'm sure they'll post if they want to sell.

'99 Dinan M3
Old 03-23-2007, 03:55 AM   #5
AvusTi

Cool, thanks for the info. I will wait and see.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
Philly

I just took mine off today... and i really don't have a use for it since im planning on keeping my TI for awhile to come...

its in pretty fair condition.. but i didn't inspect it too closely, ill take a look tommorrow and get you pics...

im not sure what its worth.. realoem says $416.. but i understand thats brand hammer new..
maybe somewhere in the area of $200+/- plus shipping...?
Id trade the exhaust+my lights for your clear lights,
i did lightly smoke the indicators and the tails with spray tint, would probably sand right off though. Im not sure if you would be interested in that, but im just throwing that out there

definitly no holes or leaks... only thing is im in nova scotia, canada... so im not sure what the shipping would be like to virginia...

328Ti

Old 03-23-2007, 06:51 AM   #7
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Done.

Avus Ti -

There was just a big group buy on an aftermarket exhaust system so there might be some coming for sale soon, I'm sure they'll post if they want to sell.
Thats EXACTLY what i said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
maybe somewhere in the area of $200+/- plus shipping...?.
branden will kill you for that price.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
Philly

he will kill me for that price...

I don't even know if thats reasonable... i picked it up today from my mechanic, its in fairly good shape, a little bit of surface rust and some more around the resonator casing... but other than that, there is no leaks or holes or anything, muffler is in solid shape as well...
I could even cut it in half to save on shipping if someone wanted to get it welded when they put it on their car.

I dunno, if anyone is interested, send me a PM with a reasonable price and i will get pictures of every inch....

and AvusTI, my offer of trading for your euro lights still stand, id do that before i sold it to anyone else... Id even pay shipping both ways OR chuck in my lights with the exhaust. let me know if your interested in that.

328Ti

Old 03-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
L84THSKY

I have a complete stock exhaust removed @ 35,000 miles. That was when my Stromung went on. It's still in the Stromung box, just needs a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvusTi View Post
the original exhaust for my car has broken. Looking to by a OEM exhaust before I sell my ti.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
AvusTi

yea 200 is a bit much considering I can get a new OEM for $280 free shipping from the site branden posted.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
Philly

like i said, i honestly don't even know whats reasonable, thats just a number i pulled out of my ass...

id trade for lights and give you some cash... or sell it cheaper, or whatever works.. let me know. im a bargainer.

328Ti

Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
weezer

I'm willing to give it away and whoever wants it just pay the shipping cost, Branden.
I will email pictures for you. I had it until yesterday which was 95.5k and considering the miles, It's still in pretty good shape.

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #13
branden

Don't mention my god-damn name.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #14
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by branden View Post
Don't mention my god-damn name.
WHOA, easy......just trying to check if you still need one. I'm giving away mine. I organized the Stromung Group Buy.
Hmmmph.

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
Old 03-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
branden

Okay, you should have said that then. I'm not in a good mood right now.

Thanks, but no thanks. I already ordered my exhaust from the website I mentioned above. Brand-spanking-new for $280, shipped. I don't want to replace the exhaust for at least another 100k, so I went with new.
Closed Thread