318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

.
» Recent Threads
M44 block and M42 head...
12-25-2005 06:40 PM
Last post by xxxJohnBoyxxx
Today 02:53 AM
15 Replies, 1,829 Views
Noobie 318ti turbo...
08-12-2014 12:32 PM
Last post by xxxJohnBoyxxx
Today 02:44 AM
6 Replies, 518 Views
FS parting 98 318ti
Yesterday 10:31 PM
Last post by BlackBMWs
Today 12:32 AM
1 Replies, 74 Views
Misc Parts: Mudflaps,...
08-30-2014 11:58 PM
Last post by TroyAndEddie
Yesterday 09:57 PM
3 Replies, 289 Views
WTB: 1998+ rear seats
09-01-2014 08:52 AM
Last post by Marv17
Yesterday 09:54 PM
1 Replies, 193 Views
97 318ti hi
Yesterday 05:11 AM
Last post by jerrytheautodoctor
Yesterday 09:17 PM
2 Replies, 177 Views
wtb: bilstein sport for...
Yesterday 07:15 PM
Last post by spidertri
Yesterday 07:44 PM
1 Replies, 79 Views
DEPO CLEAR CORNER LIGHTS
08-29-2014 08:06 AM
Last post by 713bmw318ti
Yesterday 07:09 PM
4 Replies, 347 Views
Autometer ultral lite...
09-01-2014 05:01 PM
Last post by raamaudio
Yesterday 05:54 PM
2 Replies, 238 Views
Mammoth, Devils...
06-22-2014 12:27 AM
Last post by m3dragon
Yesterday 03:38 PM
3 Replies, 437 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #31
Philly
Senior Member
 
Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: maritimes
Posts: 1,435
iTrader: (0)
Default

normally im not a fan of "odd" colored wheels but your car pulls it off nicely!
GJ!


as for the discussion on the rear bumper, leave it be or wait til a cheap mtech one pops up... not a fan of the mockpaint diffuser myself.
Would be interesting to see how a 2dr/4dr diffuser would fit with our bumper though!
__________________
11/97 Base


328Ti

Philly is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #32
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
normally im not a fan of "odd" colored wheels but your car pulls it off nicely!
GJ!


as for the discussion on the rear bumper, leave it be or wait til a cheap mtech one pops up... not a fan of the mockpaint diffuser myself.
Would be interesting to see how a 2dr/4dr diffuser would fit with our bumper though!
hey thanks and yea just trying to be a little different and the fitment shouldn't be that hard if i got time i can make it up but being in school sucks hah college blows
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #33
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue
 
roadrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: BNA
Posts: 2,966
iTrader: (2)
Default

If you think college blows, just wait until you get dumped out into the real world. heh heh
__________________
Real men know how to SEARCH!
THIS IS A MILLPOINT BLUE INTERIOR

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #34
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

ahah i know but college is boring going to switch majors for the 3rd time
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
mmosquera89
Member
 
mmosquera89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)
Default

The rims don't look that bad. You should paint the car the same color as the rims.
College students can't make up their minds nowadays. I switched majors for the 2nd time too, so I should know like most students do. What major are you switching to for the 3rd time? I switched from graphic design to computer networking.
mmosquera89 is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #36
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosquera89 View Post
The rims don't look that bad. You should paint the car the same color as the rims.
College students can't make up their minds nowadays. I switched majors for the 2nd time too, so I should know like most students do. What major are you switching to for the 3rd time? I switched from graphic design to computer networking.

ahah i got my cisco certification in NETWORKING! hah then i went to business didn't like it, now i am going into the medical field
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #37
lazoh
Moderator
 
lazoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal318ti
Posts: 1,506
iTrader: (3)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroJDMHB View Post
ahah i got my cisco certification in NETWORKING! hah then i went to business didn't like it, now i am going into the medical field
Next thing you know I will be seeing your ass telling me the following "Welcome to McDonalds can I take your order sir"

Car is looking nice and aren't you glad I convinced you not to get rid of it???
__________________


1998 318ti E36
2013 M5 F10
2012 X5 E70 (Diesel)
1984 323 E30 BAUR (Euro)
Not proud to mention:
1965 MBZ 200D
1967 MBZ 230

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #38
mmosquera89
Member
 
mmosquera89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)
Default

@lazoh: Haha nice. I remember having that job at high school. It sucks. Glad I left that **** hole.

@EuroJDMHB: Was the test hard? Because I just got done taking my A+ Hardware and this summer I am also taking A+ Software among other classes. I am actually going back to fix my major to CET Cisco and my minor to CET Microsoft.
mmosquera89 is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #39
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Next thing you know I will be seeing your ass telling me the following "Welcome to McDonalds can I take your order sir"

Car is looking nice and aren't you glad I convinced you not to get rid of it???

yes tio and i will be taking your little kids meal.. which reminds me do you want a lil girl or lil boy toy puto haha thanks yeah and forsure i will see you when you come back home! be safe when traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosquera89 View Post
@lazoh: Haha nice. I remember having that job at high school. It sucks. Glad I left that **** hole.

@EuroJDMHB: Was the test hard? Because I just got done taking my A+ Hardware and this summer I am also taking A+ Software among other classes. I am actually going back to fix my major to CET Cisco and my minor to CET Microsoft.
yeah don't mind Lazoh he is a short midget haha and yah the test was hard STUDY YOUR ASS OFF PLEASE!
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #40
mmosquera89
Member
 
mmosquera89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)
Default

Lol nice. I plan to keep my books so that I can use that to study. Too bad you're not into that anymore but it's nice to be in the medical field. Lord knows how many more we need them everyday. Where in the medical field do you wanna get into?
mmosquera89 is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #41
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosquera89 View Post
Lol nice. I plan to keep my books so that I can use that to study. Too bad you're not into that anymore but it's nice to be in the medical field. Lord knows how many more we need them everyday. Where in the medical field do you wanna get into?
i still have a lot of my networking books haha and yeah i wanna get into the xray and radiology field.
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #42
mmosquera89
Member
 
mmosquera89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)
Default

That's cool. I just had a coworker graduate from Keiser University who is in the same field. I bet there is a lot more studying than CET.
mmosquera89 is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #43
lysergicsurfer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 190
iTrader: (0)
Default

I am not really of fan of this, but this looks like it could be made very easily. If I was more of a track rat, I would do this and put in a full cage. But thats not realistic on a daily driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...ht_1998wt_1167


This diffuser is 50$, plus 20$ for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...item5192693db7

I think this would be a simple instal. Cut out the outline of this, make some sort of mounting bracket behind the cover. Then with fiberglass, or bondo, you can fill in the space around it, or round of the edges making it look clean. You can have your bumper professionally painted, as well as having this painted in the black of your choice, and still be way under the 500$+ price of a ti sport bumper.

And Philly, these cars have been in around for 15 years now, I think they would have made a cheap version by now. I doubt we will see anything in the near future. If some cheap chinese knockoff company tried to make a cheap replica version it would be of poor quality. There is even a lesser chance that a high quality company would make something nice and still for a decent price.
lysergicsurfer is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #44
eurohb
Senior Member
 
eurohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Dimas,Ca
Posts: 1,730
Vehicles
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysergicsurfer View Post
I am not really of fan of this, but this looks like it could be made very easily. If I was more of a track rat, I would do this and put in a full cage. But thats not realistic on a daily driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...ht_1998wt_1167


This diffuser is 50$, plus 20$ for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-98...item5192693db7

I think this would be a simple instal. Cut out the outline of this, make some sort of mounting bracket behind the cover. Then with fiberglass, or bondo, you can fill in the space around it, or round of the edges making it look clean. You can have your bumper professionally painted, as well as having this painted in the black of your choice, and still be way under the 500$+ price of a ti sport bumper.

And Philly, these cars have been in around for 15 years now, I think they would have made a cheap version by now. I doubt we will see anything in the near future. If some cheap chinese knockoff company tried to make a cheap replica version it would be of poor quality. There is even a lesser chance that a high quality company would make something nice and still for a decent price.
hmm think i might look into this and add this to my Ti. I am planning on getting my 6 point in hopefully by December (what i am shooting for) and maybe a 5speed swap b4 that
__________________
"Being low isn't for everyone, if you don't like hearing metal scrapping.. don't live the low life."
eurohb is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #45
ChItalian1027
Senior Member
 
ChItalian1027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Glenview IL
Posts: 1,311
Vehicles
iTrader: (0)
Default

hey bryan, once you get your wings fitted, LMK how much space there is between the wiper and the wing.
__________________
Greg
www.m42club.com
M42 Club member 186

WTB: Hellrot Club Sport
ChItalian1027 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03 AM.


no new posts
.
Powered by site supporters
vBulletin Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, 318ti.org
© vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
[page compression: 136.29 k/161.77 k (15.75%)]

318ti.org does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or products discussed.